Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by dbr »

The_Pauser wrote:Well Chicago's top players showed up for the SCF. Must be nice. Too bad ours never did.
If you take out Toews best series he scored 9 points in 17 games.

I mean, I wouldn't do that because there isn't a pile of steaming dogshit where my brain should be....... but you know.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I wonder if the Pauster rocks a hockey helmet .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

You have to sign the Sedins, 1 year deals each season.

We need to add to the team after that and not someone like Booth.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Only a moron would choose to let the Sedins go.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Only a moron would choose to let the Sedins go.
No shortages in this department..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not to derail this thread but Luongo was up and down like a whore's pants in the final. Great in three games, horrific in three games and meh when it counted the most. Real model of consistency there.
In game 3 I don't think he was that bad. He wasn't good, but 3 of those 8 goals came in the final minutes of the game when the rest of the team looked like they just wanted to get off the ice and out of the building. He collapsed in game 4 after keeping us within 1 goal for half the game. Game 6 he was horrible. Game 7 he meh.

At least the Sedins had a consistent SCF though. They were consistently garbage.
Yes and Gillis will get fucking bounty for him when he trades him too right Pauster. :roll:
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

dbr wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Well Chicago's top players showed up for the SCF. Must be nice. Too bad ours never did.
If you take out Toews best series he scored 9 points in 17 games.

I mean, I wouldn't do that because there isn't a pile of steaming dogshit where my brain should be....... but you know.
Toews had a crappy playoffs, no one is saying he didn't. But I give him credit for showing up in the biggest games when his team needed him the most. Also, despite his crap offensive production at the very least he was a +9 these playoffs whereas the Sedins typically are eaten alive defensively.

I want players who show up in big games and the Sedin's aren't big game players.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I don't think any of us were happy with The Sedins or Luongo's performances in the Final. Kesler was seriously hurt but still worked hard and skated his ass off. That put the load squarely on our other three superstars and leaders and they failed to deliver in a pretty big way.

It's true that Luongo was terrific in three of the games but he was so spectacularly bad in at least three of the losses that it's hard to feel any better about his performance than the twins'.

Luckily we don't have to worry about seeing that again because there's very little chance we are in a Final for quite some time. :scowl:

I'm over it I tell ya ... any day now.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

wow... still talking about the 2011 run? This is going to be a long summer.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

wafflecombine wrote:wow... still talking about the 2011 run? This is going to be a long summer.
What would you like to talk about waffle? I mean you didn't just log in to say that, did you?

'Cause that would be weird.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

wafflecombine wrote:wow... still talking about the 2011 run? This is going to be a long summer.
We haven't stopped talking about '94.

Shit won't change till we finally have a damn Cup win to talk about!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Let's talk about how gay it is to end your handle in STER

That never gets old

*oh and the Sedins sucked in the finals btw :look:
If you need air...call it in
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Rumsfeld wrote:I don't think any of us were happy with The Sedins or Luongo's performances in the Final. Kesler was seriously hurt but still worked hard and skated his ass off. That put the load squarely on our other three superstars and leaders and they failed to deliver in a pretty big way.

It's true that Luongo was terrific in three of the games but he was so spectacularly bad in at least three of the losses that it's hard to feel any better about his performance than the twins'.

Luckily we don't have to worry about seeing that again because there's very little chance we are in a Final for quite some time. :scowl:

Right, because 3 good starts is the same as 0 good games, right? Luongo won 3 games for us. The Sedins won 0 for us. Their offense was non-existent, yet people like to sweep that under the rug.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

82 was awesome..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The_Pauser wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:I don't think any of us were happy with The Sedins or Luongo's performances in the Final. Kesler was seriously hurt but still worked hard and skated his ass off. That put the load squarely on our other three superstars and leaders and they failed to deliver in a pretty big way.

Right, because 3 good starts is the same as 0 good games, right? Luongo won 3 games for us. The Sedins won 0 for us. Their offense was non-existent, yet people like to sweep that under the rug.
Luongo also lost three games for us. And don't give me the whole "we didn't score any goals" speech, I've heard it before. Lou let in everything directed at the fucking net in those games. We weren't going to win them with goaltending like that and the whole team knew it.

Anyway I sure as hell haven't been sweeping the Sedins' shortcomings under the rug so you might wanna change your tampon on that score.

I think the Sedins are fantastic human beings. Genuinely kind, generous, morally upright people.

I also think those same qualities render them less effective against the meaner, bigger teams in the league.

Hence the desperate need for more assholes, and the bigger the better.