Re-sign the Sedins thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re-sign the Sedins?

Yes
75%
No
11%
Maybe
9%
Who gives a shit
5%

Total votes: 44

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Re-sign the Sedins thread

Post by Rumsfeld »

The_Pauser wrote:Well Chicago's top players showed up for the SCF. Must be nice. Too bad ours never did.
Except for Luongo, right Pauster?

You were cool with his play in the Final IIRC.

For the record I think a lot of your criticisms of the Sedins are valid, but it's kind of hilarious how Luongo takes none of the blame for four of the worst goaltending performances in a Final I've ever seen.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chicago actually has 6 top 6 forwards and other guys like Stahlberg and Bickell who contribute timely goals. Vancouver doesn't have near the depth of the Hawks or the Bruins . One wonders how Toews, Kane and Hossa would do if their supporting cast was Higgins, Hansen, Raymond, Weise ,Ebbett, Lappierre, Sestito etc. Something tells me the Hawks wouldn't win a cup with forwards like those littered through their bottom three lines.

I feel like Charlton Heston in Planet of the Apes.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Rumsfeld wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Well Chicago's top players showed up for the SCF. Must be nice. Too bad ours never did.

For the record I think a lot of your criticisms of the Sedins are valid, but it's kind of hilarious how Luongo takes none of the blame for four of the worst goaltending performances in a Final I've ever seen.
Since when is giving up 3 goals in a game considered one of the worst goaltending performances you've ever seen? His game 7 wasn't anything to write home about, but people try to lump that in to some of his other games in order to attempt to deflect attention away from the Sedins who did absolutely nothing!

Luongo was the only reason the SCF even went 7 games. He bailed us out by shutting out the Bruins twice, and winning a third game in OT. He put us in a position where we could have won the Stanley Cup, yet our offense didn't show up.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hey Blob, you are aware the Canucks were the highest-scoring team in the NHL that year right? Hard to do that with no secondary scoring.

Yeah, Chicago has more of it, but top players show up in the Final.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Not to derail this thread but Luongo was up and down like a whore's pants in the final. Great in three games, horrific in three games and meh when it counted the most. Real model of consistency there.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The_Pauser wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:

Since when is giving up 3 goals in a game considered one of the worst goaltending performances you've ever seen? His game 7 wasn't anything to write home about, but people try to lump that in to some of his other games in order to attempt to deflect attention away from the Sedins who did absolutely nothing!

Luongo was the only reason the SCF even went 7 games. He bailed us out by shutting out the Bruins twice, and winning a third game in OT. He put us in a position where we could have won the Stanley Cup, yet our offense didn't show up.
Crawford looked like fucking Jaques Plante against the same team that rang Luongo up for an 8-spot and had Marchand sniping unscreened wristers top corner from the fucking blue line.

:roll:
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not to derail this thread but Luongo was up and down like a whore's pants in the final. Great in three games, horrific in three games and meh when it counted the most. Real model of consistency there.
In game 3 I don't think he was that bad. He wasn't good, but 3 of those 8 goals came in the final minutes of the game when the rest of the team looked like they just wanted to get off the ice and out of the building. He collapsed in game 4 after keeping us within 1 goal for half the game. Game 6 he was horrible. Game 7 he meh.

At least the Sedins had a consistent SCF though. They were consistently garbage.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The_Pauser wrote: At least the Sedins had a consistent SCF though. They were consistently garbage.
LOL
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rumsfeld wrote: top players show up in the Final.

So do secondary players/role players. As I said depth wins and the Canucks no offence from fucking anyone in that finals. I would take the 2nd/3rd lines of all of the last five cup winning teams over the middle six forwards Vancouver has mustered over the years and it wouldn't even be close.

I still think the 09 playoffs may have been the year to win it. But Luongo and Mitchell had other ideas that spring.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Demitra Frankenswede Kesler
Raymond Wellwood Bernier
This was a better top 9 than Vancouver had against the Bruins. Obviously injuries to Manny and Sammy hurt the team that year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Not to derail this thread but Luongo was up and down like a whore's pants in the final. Great in three games, horrific in three games and meh when it counted the most. Real model of consistency there.
In game 3 I don't think he was that bad. He wasn't good, but 3 of those 8 goals came in the final minutes of the game when the rest of the team looked like they just wanted to get off the ice and out of the building. He collapsed in game 4 after keeping us within 1 goal for half the game. Game 6 he was horrible. Game 7 he meh.

At least the Sedins had a consistent SCF though. They were consistently garbage.

He was hot garbage in games 3, 4, 6 and pretty weak in game 7. The team also played stellar fucking defensively in those wins so if you want to call them out for playing lousy in the losses. Tim Thomas was by far the better goalie in the series.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: top players show up in the Final.

So do secondary players/role players. As I said depth wins and the Canucks no offence from fucking anyone in that finals. I would take the 2nd/3rd lines of all of the last five cup winning teams over the middle six forwards Vancouver has mustered over the years and it wouldn't even be close.

I still think the 09 playoffs may have been the year to win it. But Luongo and Mitchell had other ideas that spring.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Wellwood Bernier
This was a better top 9 than Vancouver had against the Bruins. Obviously injuries to Manny and Sammy hurt the team that year.
Right. The Sedins no-show the SCF but because they're our precious Swedish twins we should blame the secondary scorers. It isn't like the Sedins are the leaders on this team and most expensive players. It's all the 2nd and 3rd liners fault. Oh wait, our 3rd line wasn't that bad in the SCF. Torres and Lapierre both had 2 GWG's in the SCF. Meanwhile the Sedins did jack squat and were absolutely eaten alive defensively.

Blaming the secondary scorers when the Sedins don't show up for the most important games of their careers is an embarrassing copout.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Wellwood Bernier
I agree our second line did fuck-all, but Kesler was on one leg.

And I would rather have Torres, LappDOGG and Hansen than Raymond/Welly/Bernier, especially against a big team like the Bruins.

Although Kyle "Strangelove" Wellwood would have been handy for our 2nd unit PP.

Definitely should have won the '09 game 6 against Chicago and that series. That one's on Luongo.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rumsfeld wrote:"Lapdogg" is a fucking faggot and a scumbag.

Really ?? It's "Lapdawg" Bum Juice. Wake up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The_Pauser wrote:

Yes and Gillis will get fucking bounty for him when he trades him too right Pauster. :roll:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think Demo may have been injured in that 09 Hawks-Nucks series. I seem to recall the lines going like:

Dank-Hank-Burr
Raymond-Sundin-Kesler
Pyatt-Wellwood-Bernier
Hornychuk-Johnson-Rypien

D was pretty deep too:
Ohlund-Salo
Mitchell-Bieska
SOB-Edler