Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

x00x
CC Rookie

Re: Vancouver Canucks hire coach John Tortorella

Post by x00x »

Arachnid wrote:
You can't agree with him before I do :evil:

Dear Mr. RoyalDude, you're hockey aptitude is beyond comprehension, your dilettante way of expressing foul attitude towards CBC's Hockey Night In Canada is bordering on maudlin.

I concur!
omg get a room
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

x00x wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Dear Mr. RoyalDude, you're hockey aptitude is beyond comprehension, your dilettante way of expressing foul attitude towards CBC's Hockey Night In Canada is bordering on maudlin.

I concur!
omg get a room
Ain't no shuttin him up

We are talking about a cuckolding narcissistic Sadomasochist. He's fucked up
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
x00x wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

I concur!
omg get a room
Ain't no shuttin him out

We are talking about a cupholding misogynistic sadomizingantichrist. He fucked up
I agree

I feel like we are related somehow

Like hockey soul mates.... :blush:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Shark swimming with guppies in the land of the whale:

Working hard to keep a smile on his face, but couldn't resist giving them the evil eye at the end.

Yup, you can tell he’d just LOVE to tear those giggling guppies limb from limb but he has to be a good shark

.... for now at least. ;)
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

why is the local media so infatuated with how JT will deal with them.

Like who gives a shit except the media, all I care about is how he will coach the team and will he hold players accountable.

If the media actually cared they would of gotten off their knees and asked AV relentlessly about why he has double standards and does not hold ALL his players accountable?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: why is the local media so infatuated with how JT will deal with them.
The truth?

They're scared shitless, watch the vid. :drink:
Reefer2 wrote: Like who gives a shit except the media
Makes for a fun sideshow my man, take a toke and enjoy.... :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:why is the local media so infatuated with how JT will deal with them.
Have you ever watched animals outside an abattoir?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

So far.. its been entertaining.. but unless MG gets it done with Lou, Ballard etc.. Tort doesn't have much of a chance to improve the team..
Sedin's on penalty kill ??? :lol: and blocking shots ?? :shock: not much hope..
Kesler would be the MVP for sure. he might get a few more offensive zone f/o ?
Think it might be more entertaining to get tickets to the press conference than to the game..
The only way the team as its presently made up wins the division again ( tougher division this year )
is playing a very boring defensive game..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Tiger wrote:So far.. its been entertaining.. but unless MG gets it done with Lou, Ballard etc.. Tort doesn't have much of a chance to improve the team..
Sedin's on penalty kill ??? :lol: and blocking shots ?? :shock: not much hope..
Kesler would be the MVP for sure. he might get a few more offensive zone f/o ?
Think it might be more entertaining to get tickets to the press conference than to the game..
The only way the team as its presently made up wins the division again ( tougher division this year )
is playing a very boring defensive game..
Chez boi RD Izat yew???

Wow talk about faithless. If this was jihadcorner we'ld have to make a video of your head being raised like it was the Stanley cup.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

^^ Improving team-wide defensive discipline is good. Less lapses is good. It doesn't have to mean rolling up into a defensive shell.

New PP & break out schemes are important - other teams have us figured out. Haven't seen any talk about this from Torts, but hope this comes when his assistants are hired.

With regards to the media scavengers... Imagine how Torts would have responded to the MacLean hatchet job on Burrows, or how Torts & the HNIC crew will get along. :thumbs:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

sagebrush wrote:^^ Improving team-wide defensive discipline is good. Less lapses is good. It doesn't have to mean rolling up into a defensive shell.

New PP & break out schemes are important - other teams have us figured out. Haven't seen any talk about this from Torts, but hope this comes when his assistants are hired.

With regards to the media scavengers... Imagine how Torts would have responded to the MacLean hatchet job on Burrows, or how Torts & the HNIC crew will get along. :thumbs:
Imagine him on After Hours with Oake and (insert random HNIC personality doing the late game)... That has the potential to really bad, or give him an opportunity to show his 'other side'. I would actually stay up to watch that.

Agree that good defense does not equate to passive defense. That was one problem I had with AV the last two years: the team would go up a goal or two and then hang on with a passive defense approach with no forecheck and little challenge at the blueline. Hopefully Torts will institute a more aggressive system that will make things harder for teams to break out.

While I hope Torts and his staff are open to dialogue from the players regarding powerplay and offensive schemes, I agree that Torts needs to bring some new creative ideas to those tactics.

I look forward to finding out what 'whiny stars' are in the Western Conference according to Torts. Maybe it's time to start deflecting the negative attention to some other team besides the Canucks. IMHO, the job by Bieksa and AV in the latest playoffs were a little too little, too late. The public smear campaign in the media on the likes of Thornton, Toews, Keith, Richards, etc. should have started in February. God knows the media could paint the same unflateering colours on other teams that they've put on the Canucks lately.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Lancer wrote:I look forward to finding out what 'whiny stars' are in the Western Conference according to Torts.
Five games a year against Jumbo and the Sharks could get interesting..
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

dbr wrote:
Lancer wrote:I look forward to finding out what 'whiny stars' are in the Western Conference according to Torts.
Jonathan. Toews.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

This team is still talented. I agree some capable depth needs to be added on the 3rd and 4th lines and on the 3rd defensive pairing, but these are holes that can be filled. We still have two damn good centres, a great goalie, several solid defensive pieces and many versatile wingers. Nearly this exact same group came within one win in 2011 and dominated the league for three seasons.

The talent is there. What was failing under AV was the execution. The set plays and breakout schemes had become lame and predictable. Everybody seemed to have the Canucks figured out, from how to stop the Sedins on the PP to how to disrupt our breakout. One thing that frustrated me over the past two seasons was how the AV coached team had slowed down the breakout to a methodical plod. Not to mention the passive defensive shell AV’s teams employed…AV’s Canucks were always at their best when they played aggressive and on their toes, and were the most frustrating to watch when they sat back.

If Torts can implement some new looks on the breakout, return the PP to respectability and bring in some much needed energy and work ethic, then I think the club will be in a better place to be successful.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

dbr wrote:
I'm pretty sure he's a Thornton fan, I don't think he'd say anything bad about him.

See, "heck of a player", he's obviously a favorite.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.