2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Post by tantalum »

Chicago wasn't great in their zone the back half of the game. Crawford was atrocious. Rask average. Be interesting if the goaltenders can bounce back. Boston looked like they did in game 5, 6 and 7 of the Leaf series. I expect they re-focus and clean everything up for game 5. Though Chara looked simply exhausted. If he can come back strong the Bruins will be in trouble.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

This is a great series and we cannot even come close to these 2 teams.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Both teams gave up a ton of chances and neither goalie could really keep either team in it. Chicago was the better team for longer periods in the game no question. Boston played a few minutes each period. Ya, reminded me of the Toronto series.

Chicago is pretty banged up right now and it is showing but they found a way to win it and now have home ice advantage back. Best 2 out of 3.
The only HW the Canucks need
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

the Dogsalmon wrote:This is a great series and we cannot even come close to these 2 teams.
Neither could Pittsburgh or LA.

Whats worse for Canuck fans than having these two teams in the finals?

Having them in the finals next year too. :(
2011..... the one that got away.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Wow, what a period.

This game is looking a lot like Vancouver's game 6 in Boston so far.... the difference of course being that Chicago's goalie is actually making saves.

I guess Crawford didn't need his tires pumped before this one.

Krejci with a couple huge hits and driving the net hard every shift. I guess that kills the whole "Krejci is as soft as the twins" argument that's been floating around here like a stale fart. Or maybe, much like Patrick Kane, he realizes this is the Stanley Cup fucking FINAL and it doesn't matter who you are, you gotta take the body and fight back a little.

You have to appreciate how the Hawks, a team built around skill and speed with very little toughness to speak of, are totally not getting pushed around by virtually the same team that twatslapped the Canucks two years ago. Also love how they went right after Chara and forced him to turn and play the puck instead of hiding their best players from him like little frightened bitches.

That said, It would've been nice to have a guy like Kassian or Bickell on the Sedin line in '11.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah -good game alright. Nice PK by Chicago and they've been making Chara look like a pylon.

Go Hawks.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

This is when a giant sinkhole is supposed to open up beneath the ice and the "tragedy" means the Cup isn't awarded in 2013 but held over until next season when John Tortorella is the first the hoist it in front of a sea of jubilant fans.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

cjc wrote:This is when a giant sinkhole is supposed to open up beneath the ice and the "tragedy" means the Cup isn't awarded in 2013 but held over until next season when John Tortorella is the first the hoist it in front of a sea of jubilant fans.
+1 :thumbs:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Boston made it look easy the first 3 games but boy has Chicago shown what they've got. These last three games have been good exciting hockey. Too bad one of the teams has to lose. No, I mean too bad one of these two teams has to win. I mean....

So hard to cheer for either team and I find myself leaning towards Boston. Can't explain it. But I think the Hawks weathered the best Boston had and will take the third period.

Mostly I just want it over so we can start another Luongo thread and see if we can get to 100 pages before CS is traded.
The only HW the Canucks need
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote:So hard to cheer for either team and I find myself leaning towards Boston. Can't explain it.
I've been trying to explain this to my wife... she thinks I'm a traitor.

You may feel a little dirty inside afterwards, but admit to yourself, as I have already done, that you really really respect the Boston Bruins.

(and remember at one time you liked the leaves :mrgreen: )
2011..... the one that got away.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm waiting for it to be over so we can start taking bets on what stupid thing Kane will do while he's drunk this summer.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So hard to cheer for either team and I find myself leaning towards Boston. Can't explain it.
I've been trying to explain this to my wife... she thinks I'm a traitor.
:lol:

I just want the cup over with now, christ it's almost July! lol.

And Chicago winning in Boston would be bitter sweet....*spoke too soon, Boston with the lead.

EastVan Lucic with the possible GWG.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LUCIC!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Say whatcha want about Captain Serious' goal production in the playoffs... he's one of the best shutdown centers and PKers in the league every night.... and he sure showed up for this one.

CaM Neely and Co, Claude "the hippo" Julien, Boston faithful: I was rooting for your team but your tears taste delicious. You are the shittiest fans in North America and none of you polesmokers even knew you had a hockey team when your building was half-empty three years ago. Eat shit and die.

Sincerely,

Noble Rumsfeld

*urinates on drunken Boston fan*
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

ASSHOLES WIN!!!!! And the other assholes lose.

Still waiting for the sinkhole.