2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Post by Rumsfeld »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:*Pulls out bag of marshmallows*

Is Boston burning yet?
They are not as stupid as we are.
I challenge you to attend a Red Sox game and return with that same sentiment.

They just don't care as much as we do... :lol:

Helps that they didn't get absolutely jobbed in their own building either...

But yeah, drunk kids are stupid and they get stupider when the cops run away from them instead of cracking some heads. Whatcha gonna do.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Rumsfeld wrote:They just don't care as much as we do... :lol:
:lol: Now i know at least what take care "of the city" means... and i hope "20 cent" will drown in his well filled trophy.

ps: i'm just trying to imagine what had happened if the Canucks had lost this game in 17 seconds. :devil:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I thought boston was going to win this one, but the series had me thinking. Maybe having a skilled team with 3-4 star forwards, 2 stud D-men and having solid depth from the top 12 forwards and top 6 d-men is the key to a stanley cup winner (kind of like our 2011 team). The Hawks proved that u can do it with a relatively unproven goaltender to boot. In fact they won the cup 2X with 2 unproven goaltenders (Niemi, now Crawford).

A team that is built like this can take out a big, mean, nasty, SOB team like the big bad Bruins. :P
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

(lifts head up from his nap in shaded hammock, sips a beer)

You mean it's over now, and I can watch hockey again?

Musta been sweet to watch that moment when those Boston pig-fuckers' hearts were ripped out in the stands in the last minute. Couldn't have happened to a classier bunch of people, exemplified by their whining about injuries after they lost. My God, the "Big Bad Briuns" got their wittle tootsies bwuised.... it's not faaaaaaaair.... if their guys were healthy, well... well... it's not faaaaaaair.... (grabs a tissue and a stuffed bear and a soother) :P

Thanks Julien, for showing us how 'K'lassy you, your team, and your organization are. I'm sure Jeremy Jacobs went storming to Buttman's box demanding a refund after the game.

On the flip-side, now we'll have to suffer Vince Vaughn and the rest of the mongoloid shit-hawk crowd crow about their two cups. Thing is, that team had a hell of a season - even if it was only half a season. :mad:

As for Gillis being caught going the wrong way again, I don't think so. The team still needs to get bigger and more physical. Hell, Chicago was bigger and more physical this year than the Canucks - and they had Kane on the ice! Gillis just has to keep maintain some key skilled players. All the final four teams (with the possible exception of Pittsburgh) had a good balance of size, skill and physicality. Gillis just needs to get that balance.

Above all, thank God it's over and we can get to the entertainment of the off-season. 8-)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

In the same playoff season, Toronto lost by an epic collapse, and so did Boston. Pure poetry.

The silence you hear in Boston is as sweet as Toscanini's burnt caramel ice-cream.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Did you see how hard the Hawks skated, Canucks do not have the heart and skating ability to do the same thing.

If that was the Sedin's on the first goal for Chicago they would of passed instead of shooting and scoring. The last 2 Chicago goals were scored because someone was in front of the net or going to the dirty area, again who on the Canucks would do that.

Watching the hi-lights from last nights game just shows that the Current Canucks is far from being a SC contender.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Reefer2 wrote:Did you see how hard the Hawks skated, Canucks do not have the heart and skating ability to do the same thing.

If that was the Sedin's on the first goal for Chicago they would of passed instead of shooting and scoring. The last 2 Chicago goals were scored because someone was in front of the net or going to the dirty area, again who on the Canucks would do that.

Watching the hi-lights from last nights game just shows that the Current Canucks is far from being a SC contender.

Players agent mike gillis has shown us time and time again that he unable to do his job.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Rumsfeld wrote:Kane and Toews now each have two cups......

'Nuff said.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Reefer2 wrote:Did you see how hard the Hawks skated, Canucks do not have the heart and skating ability to do the same thing.

Geesus Reef... bitter much? Keith to Toews to Bickell looked exactly like Hamhuis to Hank to Burrows/Daniel. Give it a rest.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Puck wrote:

Geesus Reef... bitter much? Keith to Toews to Bickell looked exactly like Hamhuis to Hank to Burrows/Daniel. Give it a rest.
Give what a rest?