CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybody?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybod

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:
RD can you tell me why Marchand wasn't given 5 minutes for that hit while Cooke gets 5 and a game for his?
The refs are so far up Buttmans ass they can see Jacobs feet.
Shit happens, doesn't excuse the Penguins ineptitude in Game 1, but can you blame them, the Bruins are a Machine.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RD is right about the Bruins. They are a well oiled machine that is playing every game as a 20 man unit. They crash the net, they move the puck quickly around, they breakout with speed and short passes. If any of their bottom 6 forwards could make a decent offensive zone pass on an odd man rush that game would probably have been 5-0.

That being said, I don't think the current Bruins management drafted all of the players that you named.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Penguins looking like the 2011 Canucks right now. Vokoun and Fleury getting clowned a la Lolongo.

Outside of the crease the Canucks actually looked a lot better than the mighty Pens against these shitbirds. But it's only game 2.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Pens making same mistakes as canucks by trying to outmuscle the Bruins. Washington played it beautifully last year when they skated away from the after whistle BS. I'd equate cookes hit on mcquaid to Rome on Horton. Did nothing but fire the Bruins up and that's when they're at their best.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Benjo wrote:Pens making same mistakes as canucks by trying to outmuscle the Bruins. Washington played it beautifully last year when they skated away from the after whistle BS. I'd equate cookes hit on mcquaid to Rome on Horton. Did nothing but fire the Bruins up and that's when they're at their best.
When the Canucks tried to skate away from the Bruins they got speedbagged and slashed while the refs looked on in satisfaction.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Benjo wrote:Pens making same mistakes as canucks by trying to outmuscle the Bruins. Washington played it beautifully last year when they skated away from the after whistle BS. I'd equate cookes hit on mcquaid to Rome on Horton. Did nothing but fire the Bruins up and that's when they're at their best.
The Bruins aren't actually the ones instigating the after whistle stuff.

Marchand's mouth is always moving, but other than that it is the frustrated Penguins that are acting out and generating the post-whistle scrums.

The Bruins are out playing Pittsburgh is every area. They are out skating them, they are even out-skilling them. Great team play and lots of support on the puck.

The Penguins look like a team of individuals out there. Malkin is brutal for that, the only time I see that guy pass the puck is after he has skated around the outside of the offensive zone and found nothing but a wall of defenders, then he makes a half-ass back pass to the point man as he goes around the top at the blueline during his big circle.

Crosby is weak shit this series, nothing but whining and complaining.

Iginla looks like he wishes he'd made a different choice at the beginning of April.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I hate Boston, can't stand them. But I must admit I am enjoying the ass kicking they are handing the Pens. I wanted to be able to cheer for the Pens but I just can't. If only they had a goalie!
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

The Pens' defense corps is pretty shite as well. Letang is awesome offensively but in their own end they look terrible.

Going into the playoffs I said Boston was the team with the fewest weaknesses. They don't have any bona fide superstars up front but they have four deep lines, an awesome goaltender and the best defensive pairing in the league. They're also playoff-experienced, and as we know only too well, tough and physical as hell.

Still waiting for Crawford to shit the sheets in Chi-town...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Certainly is looking like a Boston/Chicago Finals. Things can change I know but neither the Pens nor LA really look that good right now. Both appear to be out classed by a large margin.
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

LA still has a shot because they haven't lost at home yet, but they are actually dealing with adversity this year. They are definitely not having an injury free post season like last year. Pens looked absolutely silly at home and bylsma is looking about as cooked as AV.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

The thing that Pittsburgh has to be the most concerned about is that they were shelled 9-1 over two games AT HOME. The Canucks, as poor as they played in Boston, were strong at home in the six games. The Pens are in much worse shape heading to Boston down 2-0. Their odds of winning 4 of 5 games are terrible. It's too bad... not making for much of a series.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The playbook on the Pens hasn't changed one iota.

1) Frustrate Sid until he becomes a petulant baby and takes himself out of the game by not trusting his teammates trying do too much on his own.

2) Shoot the puck somewhere in the vicinity of the Pens net and let their goaltending do the rest.

Anyone know the Pens record with Sid out (Malkin leading) vs Sid in (Sid leading)?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:The playbook on the Pens hasn't changed one iota.

1) Frustrate Sid until he becomes a petulant baby and takes himself out of the game by not trusting his teammates trying do too much on his own.

2) Shoot the puck somewhere in the vicinity of the Pens net and let their goaltending do the rest.

Anyone know the Pens record with Sid out (Malkin leading) vs Sid in (Sid leading)?
Actually I think the record is about the same. Malkin just becomes more dominant when Crosby is out.

Malkin is too much of a one man show right now though. He's like Kesler only more talented.....but no matter which way you look at it, one man isn't going to beat 5.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

With Malkin's contract expiring after next season, wonder if he would ever become available?? :D
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Malkin will obviously be re-upped.

Richards out for the Kings again, bad news for them. Dustin "homeless guy" Brown hasn't done a fucking thing so far these playoffs.

I wonder what the chances are Boston won't go all-out to re-sign Horton after the playoffs the big dummy is having.