CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybody?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: CHI v. LA and BOS v. PIT (and Van v. ...Beuller...anybod

Post by Rumsfeld »

LOL, Gillis could sign twelve 1986 Mike Tyson clones and Doc would be railing for more toughness.

:lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Don't fuck with the forehead brothers :evil:
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Don't fuck with the forehead brothers :evil:
Almost makes one believe in aliens eh Danny?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
They walk among us Doc....
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
They walk among us Doc....
Really?

Can they skate, shoot, hit, and in general throw down?

Cuz if they can we should sign a few.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lets not forget that Iginla vetoed the Boston trade. Should make for some nice music by the Boston fans when he plays there. I wonder if they will go all racial again?

Can't cheer for the Bruins, LA or Chicago. Also don't want Cowpuke folks to act like they won a cup should the Pens go all the way. Who to cheer for? Already I'm feeling it. Go Tanner go!
The only HW the Canucks need
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:Lets not forget that Iginla vetoed the Boston trade. Should make for some nice music by the Boston fans when he plays there. I wonder if they will go all racial again?

Can't cheer for the Bruins, LA or Chicago. Also don't want Cowpuke folks to act like they won a cup should the Pens go all the way. Who to cheer for? Already I'm feeling it. Go Tanner go!
That is my conundrum as well, if Iggy was not on Pitsburg I would probably hope they won, but with him there calpuke would celebrate as if they had won the cup and proclaim him the greatest player ever.

As for the other three teams, fuck them all.

It's gardening time, does anyone know who one the game?

Better yet does anyone care?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Tell that to tant, he thinks Henrik is a bastion of toughness and playoff awesomeness.
Most guys have a hard time accepting the fact their team is the whiniest group of wimps in the history of hockey.

Don't be one of them Rummy. :thumbs:
LOL to you guys. This team whined, dove, head-snapped etc. all the way to game 7 of the Cup Finals. It was patented, and it was Canuck hockey. We were so close to pulling it off, but the 'traditional' hockey folks wouldn't let us. Get over it. :lol:

Other teams are better at doing it now. They are bigger, they play a more 'north american' game. So when they get grazed or clipped, they've got more cred with the head-snap.

The league is absolute trash. But you've gotta be good at A) scoring on the PP's after you get the call, B) playing 'hard' enough to get a call, and C) not have a reputation. Basically means the Canucks are screwed until the NHL decides against ref egos.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: Tell that to tant, he thinks Henrik is a bastion of toughness and playoff awesomeness.
Most guys have a hard time accepting the fact their team is the whiniest group of wimps in the history of hockey.

Don't be one of them Rummy. :thumbs:
LOL to you guys. This team whined, dove, head-snapped etc. all the way to game 7 of the Cup Finals. It was patented, and it was Canuck hockey. We were so close to pulling it off, but the 'traditional' hockey folks wouldn't let us. Get over it. :lol:

Other teams are better at doing it now. They are bigger, they play a more 'north american' game. So when they get grazed or clipped, they've got more cred with the head-snap.

The league is absolute trash. But you've gotta be good at A) scoring on the PP's after you get the call, B) playing 'hard' enough to get a call, and C) not have a reputation. Basically means the Canucks are screwed until the NHL decides against ref egos.

You are so right Island

Until that sleeze-bucket Buttman gets off his ass and solves the ref issue this league has no credibility at all.

Just watch Marchand, Bolland , Toews, and all if you want to see the champions of whining.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Now I only have to cheer for four sets of drunken aircrew...
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Penguins just got bitch slapped.

I loved it.

Watching Crosby pushing and shoving with Chara and getting all heated....that was so entertaining.

Vokoun looked average. First goal trickled 5 hole. 2nd on a rebound he couldn't track, and his d couldn't keep krejci from getting to the net. 3rd he over committed towards the shooter. Great pass tho, but still he was out of position.

Pittsburgh is hooped.

LA put up their weakest and softest showing of the playoffs.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can't fucking stand Boston but they look as stoppable as a runaway freight train. Pittsburgh looked shell shocked sort of like how we looked against them. Lucic and Chara give that team insane confidence. Beregeron is a playoff warrior, so is Marchand. Thornton is the best goon in the game cause he can fight and play and he's smart. This team is built for the playoffs, big, tough, young, skilled, can't fucking stand them, but wish they were the Canucks. Krejci is on fire.

Krejci
Lucic
Marchand
Beregeron

...all drafted outside the first round by the Bruins.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote: Krejci
Lucic
Marchand
Beregeron

So they got lucky is what you're saying? :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:Can't fucking stand Boston but they look as stoppable as a runaway freight train. Pittsburgh looked shell shocked sort of like how we looked against them. Lucic and Chara give that team insane confidence. Beregeron is a playoff warrior, so is Marchand. Thornton is the best goon in the game cause he can fight and play and he's smart. This team is built for the playoffs, big, tough, young, skilled, can't fucking stand them, but wish they were the Canucks. Krejci is on fire.

Krejci
Lucic
Marchand
Beregeron

RD can you tell me why Marchand wasn't given 5 minutes for that hit while Cooke gets 5 and a game for his?
The refs are so far up Buttmans ass they can see Jacobs feet.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Krejci
Lucic
Marchand
Beregeron

So they got lucky is what you're saying? :?
No bro, just a gentle reminder for those who clam the reason for Mike 'The Cupboards are Bare' Gillis poor drafting record has been his less than desire-able draft positioning, is completely false. Mike 'Anton Rodin' Gillis simply put, has a bum-eye for drafting, not too mention a bum-eye for trading - Ballard, Booth, Bernier and Roy.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau