Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Tciso » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:27 am

Zedlee wrote:So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?


Probably not. We need a goalie back in exchange, and Florida has nobody in net. So, unless there is a Devil's 3way involved (implied puns intended), I can't see what we would be getting back from Florida.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:25 pm

Vader wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Schneider is the pre season king.


:roll:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Anyone who thinks we should get rid of Schneider instead of Roberto is a fucking idiot, plain and simple.



Blob Mckenzie wrote:GIMME A "G"!
GIMME AN "I"
GIMME AN "L-L-I-S!'

What's that spell?

GILLIS!

Yay Gillis!

*giggles*
.


I still think Schneider is the better goalie ( although Roberto is still a top 10 guy) and younger and cheaper... what's your point ?

The reality is Gillis fucked up at the 2012 draft if he really wanted to deal Luongo . He is the goalie here atm for better or for worse. I just laugh at all the bed pissers jumping up and down about pre season stats.

LOL where did you dig up that last quote ? Looks like I was a little lit up . :lol:

Unlike some I am no Gillis apologist or a hater like the dude and his fingerpuppetts. I prefer to judge the guy sometime during the regular season , not in intramurals.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2767
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Boy, I know it's early, but Schneids might take another step forward and flourish in Jersey as they are known to play tight defensive hockey. If Schneids can win a vezina or backstop the devils to a Cup, that trade could come down as one of the worst in canuck history. :(
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Zedlee » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Tciso wrote:
Zedlee wrote:So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?


Probably not. We need a goalie back in exchange, and Florida has nobody in net. So, unless there is a Devil's 3way involved (implied puns intended), I can't see what we would be getting back from Florida.


I believe that Luongo will be here for the year and Florida now has Thomas for one season. But I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo gets his new agents to stir the pot and push for a move next off season.
Zedlee
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Jovocop » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Zedlee wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Zedlee wrote:So the Panthers have a new owner, and one with deep pockets. We all know that Luongo would rather be in Florida, so does this change the landscape re: trade?


Probably not. We need a goalie back in exchange, and Florida has nobody in net. So, unless there is a Devil's 3way involved (implied puns intended), I can't see what we would be getting back from Florida.


I believe that Luongo will be here for the year and Florida now has Thomas for one season. But I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo gets his new agents to stir the pot and push for a move next off season.


Agreed. It is well-known that Luongo wants to move back to Florida. Since the Panthers have a new owner, they can finally afford to trade for Luongo next season. The only question is how the Canucks are going to replace him, free agent, trade, or Lack?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby BigTuna » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:40 am

Jovocop wrote:[

I believe that Luongo will be here for the year and Florida now has Thomas for one season. But I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo gets his new agents to stir the pot and push for a move next off season.


Agreed. It is well-known that Luongo wants to move back to Florida. Since the Panthers have a new owner, they can finally afford to trade for Luongo next season. The only question is how the Canucks are going to replace him, free agent, trade, or Lack?[/quote]

A new owner doesn't mean they'll spend more.

And if Thomas plays well, why would they want to dump him for Luongo?
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Hockey Widow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:55 am

I think a lot depends upon, not only how Thomas plays, but on their younger goalies. If they feel they have someone who is ready to take more games and be a true number one in 3-4 years then I can see them passing on Luongo.

If they do want Luongo MG won't let him go for nothing unless he feels confident we have someone ready to take over.

Luongo can mean more ticket sales, a player they can market around for a few years. He may also mean more wins and a more competitive team. There is a ton of upside in the Panthers trading for him if it doesn't cost them too much.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby BigTuna » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:57 am

Hockey Widow wrote:I think a lot depends upon, not only how Thomas plays, but on their younger goalies. If they feel they have someone who is ready to take more games and be a true number one in 3-4 years then I can see them passing on Luongo.

If they do want Luongo MG won't let him go for nothing unless he feels confident we have someone ready to take over.

Luongo can mean more ticket sales, a player they can market around for a few years. He may also mean more wins and a more competitive team. There is a ton of upside in the Panthers trading for him if it doesn't cost them too much.


In Luongo's prime, he could not help that franchise. He played terrific, and still no playoff games.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:30 pm

BigTuna wrote:In Luongo's prime, he could not help that franchise. He played terrific, and still no playoff games.


But he put butts in seats and stole games for them.

IF some of the Cats young stars take it to the next level this year (likely) Lou could put them over the top

... and into the playoffs (hopefully at the expense of the Leaves). :mex:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:31 pm

I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:38 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...


Well here's hoping he at least stands on his head in the 4 games versus the Leaves this year. :mex:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:I says it before an I says it agin... that there Uncle Thomas is gonna get lit up like a christmas tree with goal lights for garland in Florida. it wont be no tea party thats four score...


Well here's hoping he at least stands on his head in the 4 games versus the Leaves this year. :mex:

While we're at it let's hope the leaves go 0-82.

...could happen..
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2154
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:13 pm

ukcanuck wrote:While we're at it let's hope the leaves go 0-82.


No no no... we want em to barely miss the playoffs.

It hurts more, plus they don't get a super high draft pick. :thumbs:

Strangelove: The Peoples Poster
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 5909
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby BigTuna » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:In Luongo's prime, he could not help that franchise. He played terrific, and still no playoff games.


But he put butts in seats and stole games for them.

IF some of the Cats young stars take it to the next level this year (likely) Lou could put them over the top

... and into the playoffs (hopefully at the expense of the Leaves). :mex:


No one cares about Luongo in South Florida. He may have stolen games, but they were still bottom feeders.
BigTuna
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Topper » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:29 am

Mondi wrote:I'm not talking about the preseason, or drawing any inferences therefrom.

I'm talking about a consistent history of CS outplaying RL.

And how nothing has changed.

Screw the preseason for all I care. The question I posed was whether anyone would prefer Luongo's start to Cory's.

Such as the playoffs last year?

Speaking of slow starts, it took less than one game last season for Lou to take away the starting goaltender spot.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alexBF, rats19, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests