Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:OK, so Luongo is a top 3 goaltender in the league RIGHT NOW... who couldn't be traded for a second round pick or two. :lol:

Holy shit, every GM in the league must be retarded.


Maybe they were hesitant to trade for a guy who had his heart set on being a Panther Image

... which would make Dale Tallon the retard. :mrgreen:

All I know is Luongo is the #1 on a contender and Panic Attack is a backup on a lottery team. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:55 am

Panthers could be in line for new owners
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... new-owners

Cliff Viner has been the majority owner of the Panthers since November 2009, and he’s wanted out for a while.
...
If this thing goes through, it will be good news for the Panthers, who have had to cut payroll and have been limited financially over the past two seasons.


That might be the reason why Tallon did not trade for Luongo. If the sale goes through and Lack has a good season, the situation might be different again next summer.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:05 am

Jovocop wrote:Panthers could be in line for new owners
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... new-owners

Cliff Viner has been the majority owner of the Panthers since November 2009, and he’s wanted out for a while.
...
If this thing goes through, it will be good news for the Panthers, who have had to cut payroll and have been limited financially over the past two seasons.


That might be the reason why Tallon did not trade for Luongo. If the sale goes through and Lack has a good season, the situation might be different again next summer.


Sounds great. We can sign the Sedins to retirement contracts, give away our 2011 playoff MVP and go back to Cloutier-esque goaltending (at least this way people can blame goaltending as a reason why the Sedins never won a Cup here) and we can party like it's 2003.

The fans of this town don't deserve a Cup.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:30 am

The_Pauser wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Panthers could be in line for new owners
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... new-owners

Cliff Viner has been the majority owner of the Panthers since November 2009, and he’s wanted out for a while.
...
If this thing goes through, it will be good news for the Panthers, who have had to cut payroll and have been limited financially over the past two seasons.


That might be the reason why Tallon did not trade for Luongo. If the sale goes through and Lack has a good season, the situation might be different again next summer.


Sounds great. We can sign the Sedins to retirement contracts, give away our 2011 playoff MVP and go back to Cloutier-esque goaltending (at least this way people can blame goaltending as a reason why the Sedins never won a Cup here) and we can party like it's 2003.

The fans of this town don't deserve a Cup.


Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 am

The_Pauser wrote:Sounds great. We can sign the Sedins to retirement contracts, give away our 2011 playoff MVP and go back to Cloutier-esque goaltending (at least this way people can blame goaltending as a reason why the Sedins never won a Cup here) and we can party like it's 2003.

The fans of this town don't deserve a Cup.



How old are you Pauster ? If I had to guess I'd say 18. Even though you behave like a 12 year old on here you have been around for five or six years so you can't be that young.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Jovocop wrote:Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand???


You wouldn't think it would be that tough to grasp, but apparently it is.

We're going to be babes carried by a Stork in 14/15...
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby vic » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Jovocop wrote:Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).


If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.
User avatar
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Jovocop » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:55 pm

vic wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).


If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.


Unfortunately, he still has a contract with the Canucks. He could either honour the contract or void the contract. For a very simple reason, $, he reports. Just because he is here, it does not mean that he wants to be here.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Strangelove » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Jovocop wrote:Panthers could be in line for new owners
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/2 ... new-owners

Cliff Viner has been the majority owner of the Panthers since November 2009, and he’s wanted out for a while.
...
If this thing goes through, it will be good news for the Panthers, who have had to cut payroll and have been limited financially over the past two seasons.


That might be the reason why Tallon did not trade for Luongo. If the sale goes through and Lack has a good season, the situation might be different again next summer.


Makes sense JC.

Funny how quiet they kept that.

If Markstrom shits the bed again... and TT is done... the Cats might be begging for Lou next summer. :mex:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7364
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Rumsfeld » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:00 pm

vic wrote:If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.


Image
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2632
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Pissed in the Canyon

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Island Nucklehead » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:32 pm

Jovocop wrote:
vic wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Can anyone understand that Luongo is the one who wants out?? Is it too hard to understand??? The only reason why he is still a Canucks is because no team wanted his contract. That is also the reason why Schneider was traded instead. I bet MG will try his best to accommodate Luongo's wish (unless he changed his mind after playing one full season as the number 1 again).


If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.


Unfortunately, he still has a contract with the Canucks. He could either honour the contract or void the contract. For a very simple reason, $, he reports. Just because he is here, it does not mean that he wants to be here.


I don't think he could void the contract. I think if he had that option, he would have used it and gone back to Florida.

Luongo wants out, but he's a professional, and this is a good team. I also think the media has beaten this to death because drama sells. Is anyone shocked one of the best goalies of his generation would be PISSED about being a backup? No shit, tell me more!

Remember when Tim Thomas was supplanted in Boston by Tuukka Rask in 09-10? Well he came back from that demotion and won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the following season. ;)
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Arachnid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
vic wrote:
If he wanted out, he wouldn't be here.


Unfortunately, he still has a contract with the Canucks. He could either honour the contract or void the contract. For a very simple reason, $, he reports. Just because he is here, it does not mean that he wants to be here.


I don't think he could void the contract. I think if he had that option, he would have used it and gone back to Florida.

Luongo wants out, but he's a professional, and this is a good team. I also think the media has beaten this to death because drama sells. Is anyone shocked one of the best goalies of his generation would be PISSED about being a backup? No shit, tell me more!

Remember when Tim Thomas was supplanted in Boston by Tuukka Rask in 09-10? Well he came back from that demotion and won the Vezina and the Stanley Cup the following season. ;)


Don't fuck wit da Hockey Gods™ :eh:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4997
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby The_Pauser » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Sounds great. We can sign the Sedins to retirement contracts, give away our 2011 playoff MVP and go back to Cloutier-esque goaltending (at least this way people can blame goaltending as a reason why the Sedins never won a Cup here) and we can party like it's 2003.

The fans of this town don't deserve a Cup.



How old are you Pauster ? If I had to guess I'd say 18. Even though you behave like a 12 year old on here you have been around for five or six years so you can't be that young.


So because I'm sick of the stupidity and hypocrisy that exists amongst Canuck fans, the media, (hell and even the team itself) I must be 18 or 12? Give me a break!
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:54 pm

Pauster your rants are misguided at best and if you don't think Lu wants out your head is so far up your ass you can lick your rib cage clean.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3088
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Postby The_Pauser » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pauster your rants are misguided at best and if you don't think Lu wants out your head is so far up your ass you can lick your rib cage clean.


Misguided? Why? Because the stupid fans of this team blame Luongo for everything? It's like it's his fault that we can't score. Don't blame the Sedins for our lack of offense, blame Luongo! It's downright stupid!

I could care less if Luongo wants out. He's signed long-term to a contract. If a good trade comes up then it's something to look at, sure. But to just give Luongo away because he wants out is downright stupid.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Surrey, BC

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests