Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Lancer »

Tciso wrote:Seriously, even if we won the cup, you would still be mad at GMMG for something. Scratchy toilet paper in the team bathrooms, or a bad 8th round draft pick for example. Am I right RD?
I think his body would be found on the ground somewhere with a bloody crater where his head once was... :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I just want to get this Gillis thing straight here.

So all his moves are crap - that's been established (even if they are approved at the moment hindsight is allowed and encouraged if the Canucks do not win the Cup).

Wilson's moves were brilliant - yet they only lasted one more round than the Canucks. (Even though his trimming of the fat would have happened anyways considering Clowe and Murray are now UFA's and these two may have helped the Sharks win that one extra game in round 2!)

And Shero's moves were really bad - except that they made it to the Conference Finals which by my calculation is a round longer than the Sharks (though it could be argued that they really didn't show up at all for this round).
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rd is a canuck fan make no mistakes about that. He is a questioner of moves, lack of moves etc...I do agree it can get repetitive.. Lol and nauseating.. Lofl. And annoyingly suicidal... Hahaha
RD has changed from a few months ago where even I was all like arrrgg..no more dude..please no more

Have a good day
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RD is afraid of being hurt. It is less painful to be a critic of something you love and have it fail you then to be an out spoken supporter. You get so afraid to get your hopes up only to have them crushed again it is easier to emotionally prepare yourself for defeat. So by being a naysayer you protect yourself and get to say I told you so which is somehow comforting.

He likes to credit no trade cheeseburger Nonis, a man he slagged on the old CC, with leaving MG a core. Yet he fails to give MG any credit for re-signing that entire core to cap friendly deals.

He shits all over MG for his drafting and suddenly finds Nonis much better in this regard.

He criticizes MG's FA signings, the obvious ones that suck, but fails to acknowledge the good ones.

He says all his move has been bad which does not take into account the good ones.

He has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to MG.

And if you defend MG he goes all George Bush on you and calls you a Gillis apologists.

But ya, he has been better these past few months.

And just to show you I am not an all or nothing type of person, I do think he says some things that makes sense. MG has not been perfect and some of his moves are questionable. His inability to this point to let go of some of the core to better the team is hard to understand some days. His arrogance is tiring.

But he has brought us some exiting teams to watch that have been in the mix every year. You can't argue with the team record since he took over. Sure no cups, but ya have to give him credit for putting us in the position to win every year, all without the luxury of having the leaves as trading partners or having had top draft picks for successive years to build a core.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:RD is afraid of being hurt. It is less painful to be a critic of something you love and have it fail you then to be an out spoken supporter. You get so afraid to get your hopes up only to have them crushed again it is easier to emotionally prepare yourself for defeat. So by being a naysayer you protect yourself and get to say I told you so which is somehow comforting.

He likes to credit no trade cheeseburger Nonis, a man he slagged on the old CC, with leaving MG a core. Yet he fails to give MG any credit for re-signing that entire core to cap friendly deals.

He shits all over MG for his drafting and suddenly finds Nonis much better in this regard.

He criticizes MG's FA signings, the obvious ones that suck, but fails to acknowledge the good ones.

He says all his move has been bad which does not take into account the good ones.

He has an all or nothing mentality when it comes to MG.

And if you defend MG he goes all George Bush on you and calls you a Gillis apologists.

But ya, he has been better these past few months.

And just to show you I am not an all or nothing type of person, I do think he says some things that makes sense. MG has not been perfect and some of his moves are questionable. His inability to this point to let go of some of the core to better the team is hard to understand some days. His arrogance is tiring.

But he has brought us some exiting teams to watch that have been in the mix every year. You can't argue with the team record since he took over. Sure no cups, but ya have to give him credit for putting us in the position to win every year, all without the luxury of having the leaves as trading partners or having had top draft picks for successive years to build a core.
BD Apologist :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:

Ha! I like the Dude. He irritates me sometimes but I like him. I even agree with some of his rants. Mostly though I find him too predictable and tiring.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Arachnid wrote:

Ha! I like the Dude. He irritates me sometimes but I like him. I even agree with some of his rants. Mostly though I find him too predictable and tiring.
I like him too but he does not understand this.

I am only mean to those I like.

I am nice to those I despise :twisted: ....oh my goodness, I'm such an asshole...

BTW Dude is not a Dude :wink: He likes the matching pumps too much with his skirt 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

about god damn time...

"@krufrank
Darren Dreger confirms there will be a Luongo trade by or on draft day. Gillis will NOT waive or buy him out."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Aaronp18 wrote:I just want to get this Gillis thing straight here.

So all his moves are crap - that's been established (even if they are approved at the moment hindsight is allowed and encouraged if the Canucks do not win the Cup).

Wilson's moves were brilliant - yet they only lasted one more round than the Canucks. (Even though his trimming of the fat would have happened anyways considering Clowe and Murray are now UFA's and these two may have helped the Sharks win that one extra game in round 2!)

And Shero's moves were really bad - except that they made it to the Conference Finals which by my calculation is a round longer than the Sharks (though it could be argued that they really didn't show up at all for this round).
:drink: :thumbs: post of the year here. Call the tranny lover out and he scurries to his hole again. Not sure which hole but a hole nonetheless.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blobby Arms, when are you gonna stop idolizing Eye Bags Gillis?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rats19 wrote:Rd is a canuck fan make no mistakes about that. He is a questioner of moves, lack of moves etc...I do agree it can get repetitive.. Lol and nauseating.. Lofl. And annoyingly suicidal... Hahaha
RD has changed from a few months ago where even I was all like arrrgg..no more dude..please no more

Have a good day
It ain't easy being Chef Boi RD, but somebody has to do the job, otherwise this place is a Potatoe snooze fest.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Blobby Arms, when are you gonna stop idolizing Eye Bags Gillis?

i don't idolize the guy, I just don't carve him for every single thing he does. The body of work has been fairly stellar so far with some decent piecs form previous management and an easy division. The honeymoon is over for the Blobcat. I know it sounds like a bit of a rational approach so I understand if you aren't hip to that. Comparing him to JAck Gordon is a bit of a stretch. As I said this will be where we find out what the guy is made of. I fear you just want to be right at all costs because of some wierd hate on for the guy. Would the team going into the shitter be more satisfying for you or would you rather see the team win a cup under Ol Luggage Eyes ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Without going into ancient history too much (Gordon fuck)
When it was Pat Quinn it was "Stand Pat" or worse waking Gretzky up in the middle of the night in some paranoid fog...
When it was Brian Burke, every other manager was insane and driving salaries through the roof and he wasn't going to do that because the owners were packing their bags for Kansas City or wherever
When it was the cheeseburgler everybody available wasn't any better than who we had...

Excuses excuses excuses and reasons why the fans can't have the team or players required to win the cup.

At least with ol luggage eyes admits to what's needed and gives it the old college try.

Whether he comes through or not is another story but so far that's a step in the right direction

At least ...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:about god damn time...

"@krufrank
Darren Dreger confirms there will be a Luongo trade by or on draft day. Gillis will NOT waive or buy him out."

So what Dreger is finally on board? Like this is news Darren? Guy sucks Leaf you know what.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: So what Dreger is finally on board? Like this is news Darren? Guy sucks Leaf you know what.
you-know-wot. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.