Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by tantalum »

^ I don't believe any of that

well except for the Oiler stuff. That I can believe.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Douks in my neighbourhood would burn Timmy's house down and the last thing I need is to see my neighbours naked.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:STOLE THIS FROM ANOTHER BOARD:
“Max Quackenbush” wrote: *snip* [|quote]

LOFL, this is the neverending story! :lol:

Don't believe everything you here folks...
Ripping good yarn, but can someone tell me why people continually see this "Frank Krulicki" guy as even slightly credible?

He has absolutely nothing on the internet to his name other than a twitter handle, which I see cropping up in posts from suckers with more passion for hockey rumours than sense on an absurdly regular basis..
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:If it is true when he tweeted NOtradeclause? Did he veto trade(s) in the hopes of getting bought out? Did he really want to stay in Vancouver? I dunno?
It would be inconsistent with what I have been told but that doesn't mean much I know. We really do need to wait for the book to come out :D
From years of trying to figure out and get cryptic one liner Topper posts, I have deduced that luongo's
Tweet most probably was a joke, to mean that there is No (trade) Santa clause

You are welcome
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Friedman spent nine whole thoughts on and around the Canucks goaltending situation...
13. The Vancouver Canucks and Roberto Luongo: If organization and player could go back in time one year, how much differently would each side handle this? Luongo and Cory Schneider were blown away by the decision to trade the latter and there's really no other conclusion than Canucks GM Mike Gillis only committed to that course of action in the last few days. There is a theory that team owner Francesco Aquilini would not approve a buyout and, when it came to trading Luongo, it sounds like, at this time, Gillis was more concerned about future "cap recapture" penalties if Luongo retired early rather than a limited return.

14. Gillis made it very clear last Saturday that Schneider could be traded. Did either agent contact him looking for information? Good question.

15. I remember interviewing football coach Marv Levy once and asking him about retiring. He basically said, "Once you''ve decided to retire, retire. You can't postpone it until after a season because you've made your decision." I thought about this quote after the Schneider trade because there is no doubt that, mentally, Luongo is gone from Vancouver. He so badly wanted a fresh start. Ultimately, the contract will force him to return, but it would be a mistake to underestimate how much of an adjustment this is going to be. The first thing he's thinking is, "How many goals will I give up before people start saying, 'They should have kept Schneider?'" It's tough to be positive with that on your mind.

16. Aquilini visited him on the weekend and Gillis will make a trip, too. If I was them, I would be stressing that, right now, the Canadian Olympic goaltending job is wide open. If he comes back to Vancouver and plays well, he's got a superb shot at being the guy. That's a positive. You've got to get him thinking about good things.

17. What the Canucks do over the next couple of weeks will also have an effect. Bo Horvat is an enticing prospect -- one scout said, "When the trade was announced, the guys at our table were saying that he's involved in every big goal" -- but he does not help Vancouver right now. Can Gillis make a move that convinces Luongo the team will be better?

18. I don't have a problem with no-trade clauses, but sometimes they burn the player as much as the team. Luongo could have gone to the Toronto Maple leaves at last year's draft, but he was focussed on Florida and declined. The Panthers, knowing they were in a position of strength, drew a hard line. Just before the lockout, it was believed both Toronto and Edmonton were possible destinations. Again, it didn't happen. Toronto left the picture once team president and GM Brian Burke was fired.

19. The Oilers kept their interest in Vancouver's goaltending decision, culminating in last weekend's conversations for Schneider. The Canucks asked for a lot (seventh-overall pick, a second-rounder and a prospect), but Edmonton wasn't going that far. If Gillis was going to send him to a potential playoff opponent, the cost was going to be huge.

20. I wondered if the Islanders would make a play for Schneider. Hard to see the Canucks doing it without New York's first-round pick, but there is a belief that Garth Snow was going to trade either Nino Niederreiter or that selection, but not both. Niederreiter, of course, went to the Minnesota Wild for Cal Clutterbuck.

21. I thought MacTavish was smart to wait. Everyone knows he is so eager to make moves. That's when you must be your most patient. You can make a very big mistake under those circumstances.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Boston Canucker wrote: Thomas freaks out two months in (pick your reason, by then he has 20 of them) runs off to the BC interior to join the Doukhobors, which clears the track for Eddie Lack
CLEAR THE TRACK, HERE COMES LACK!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Rant disclaimer:
I'm not referring to anyone here on this oasis of keep calm and carry on...

But fuck you all you fucker Canuck fans for making Brian Burke right. This is a goalie graveyard. Goalies come here to die and to be ridiculed by fat fucks who have never been able to stand on skates without their ankles turning over or young bush that have to change the name on the back of their pink canuck jerseys now.

All you assholes ready to jump out of the nearest window over this trade?

We are now stuck with the winningest goaltender in the history of the franchise. I hope you cut your tongues on his skate blades next winter when he reminds the whole league who he is.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote:Rant disclaimer:

But fuck you all you fucker Canuck fans for making Brian Burke right. This is a goalie graveyard. Goalies come here to die and to be ridiculed by fat fucks who have never been able to stand on skates without their ankles turning over or young bush that have to change the name on the back of their pink canuck jerseys now.

We are now stuck with the winningest goaltender in the history of the franchise. I hope you cut your tongues on his skate blades next winter when he reminds the whole league who he is.
I just hope he doesn't remind us who 7uon8o is :scowl:
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: I just hope he doesn't remind us who 7uon8o is :scowl:
Won't be possible.

I don't think Torts will keep him in past 2 bad goals let alone keep him in for 7 or 8.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: I just hope he doesn't remind us who 7uon8o is :scowl:
Won't be possible.

I don't think Torts will keep him in past 2 bad goals let alone keep him in for 7 or 8.
I think they are going to find out that AV was a shitty goaltender's coach.

He left luongo in when he should have taken him out, he took him out when he should have left him in. He started Schneider when he should have started luongo and he started luongo when he should have started Schneider.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ukcanuck wrote:
He left luongo in when he should have taken him out, he took him out when he should have left him in. He started Schneider when he should have started luongo and he started luongo when he should have started Schneider.
I think that goes back to AV trusting his veterans a bit too much. He left Luongo in to try to “figure it out” when it was clear that Luongo did not figure things out in situations like that.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

As has been pointed out many times, Luongo is emotional.

His initial feeling when he's having a bad game is going to be "Don't fucking pull me, I can work this shit out!"

If he's pulled he's going to be a bit pissed but he will sit down and think about it and probably come to the conclusion that "y'know I really wasn't feeling it, I'm glad coach pulled me. Probably gave the team the best chance to come back, plus no one will call me Luon8o!"
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Aaronp18 wrote:As has been pointed out many times, Luongo is emotional.
I don't think he's that emotional.
So close to reality...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:Rant disclaimer:

That was rather politically incorrect of you.....geez.....take a pill man.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: That was rather politically incorrect of you.....geez.....take a pill man.
8.5 on the Rikster Scale.
____
Try to focus on someday.