Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:fwiw

"Luongo will not be bought out" - Pierre Lebrun

He's pretty reliable as a source but then again he could be getting played. Not buying him out implies there is a trade there. Is MG playing chicken, thinking after the buy out window teams will pull the trigger or does he has something on the table he can live with. If neither then he is playing with fire going into the summer with both goalies still on the team.

He keeps saying you have to have a plan and the Patience to wait it out. Is that what this is? Or did one of the Flyers or Tampa just make the room they needed to get it done. I mean we could take Salo back in a deal to help them out :mrgreen:

Fwiw, Dreger is saying pretty much the same thing, that MG feels he is close to a deal that will go down at the draft or shortly after.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

At this point any sort of deal would be a pleasant surprise. Just get this saga the fuck over with before draft day.

Can't take watching a grown-man multi-millioniare cry on national television again because he has to spend a few more months in the hellhole that is Vancouver.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just get it done. This as painful as those photos of manboobs arachnid and his beloved Pom poms
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Just get it done. This as painful as those photos of manboobs arachnid and his beloved Pom poms
Stop posting so much already, I'm wearing out the 'I' on my keyboard...

I agree we should get 'er done

Why do you have such a fascination with my Brahs? Do you want to suckle them? I am not one of your two-bit trannies you crawl across the bridge for on one of your benders. I'm a man dammit! :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Fwiw, Dreger is saying pretty much the same thing, that MG feels he is close to a deal that will go down at the draft or shortly after.
Meanwhile Botch is saying Luongo will be waived. :lol:

Fuckin newspaper salesmen....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

After all this time, seemingly we will be getting sweet fuck all for Luongo. Depressing
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

Meanwhile Botch is saying Luongo will be waived. :lol:

Fuckin newspaper salesmen....

Being put on waives is the first step towards a buy out. As we have discussed he does not have a NMC so he needs to be waived before he is bought out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Being put on waives is the first step towards a buy out. As we have discussed he does not have a NMC so he needs to be waived before he is bought out.
Yeah I know, the point is who the fuck believes Botch about anything at this point??

Well other than..... Todd. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ya who knows whats going on. Just the way MG likes it. But the media have it covered. No matter what happens they can say I told you so.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Assuming he isn't staying, the Canucks can: trade Luongo; waive unconditionally (by July 5th), & if no one claims, then buy him out or demote him.

A trade only seems to make sense for a low cap team, some combination of cap & player swap. Even on waivers, Luongo's contract looks scary, but there's a remote possibility that a low cap team might be interested.

Buy Outs of players currently on the roster make the WAPs (that matter) unhappy. More Buy Outs = less happy. Not good for GM MG.

Waive & demote only results in a savings of 925k$ this season (if he reports).

If Luongo responds to demotion with retirement, the Canucks are zapped by the CAP recapture penalty, and so are any teams that he might unretire him in the near future.

No report (to AHL) & no retirement by Luongo means no salary payment, but the Canucks CAP limit is screwed again.

Buy Out, is the only practical way to prevent all CAP recapture (Luongo playing through his contract ain't practical). The Luongo rule indeed. Bettman says hi.
Last edited by sagebrush on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ya who knows whats going on. Just the way MG likes it. But the media have it covered. No matter what happens they can say I told you so.
speaking of going both ways, Golum was caught again
Gallagher: Sedin twins have things too easy, but shouldn’t be asked to do too much

Tony Gallagher wasn’t a big fan of Alain Vigneault. This past season, his new catch phrase was “country club,” criticizing how Vigneault gave his veteran players a lot of leeway and control of the locker room.

For instance, at the end of the Canucks’ season, when Henrik Sedin answered questions from the media, Gallagher took the opportunity to rip into the Canucks captain for not ripping into the Canucks coaching staff, and suggested that he didn’t do so because he has thing so easy:
The twins never have to kill penalties, they get the lion’s share of every power play — no matter how poorly things are going — they start almost every shift in the offensive zone and when things go awry the coach never fingers them publicly.
So, now the Canucks have a new head coach, one who specifically said that the Sedins will kill penalties during his introductory press conference. Gallagher’s response?
The Sedins, of course, say they’d love to kill penalties, and perhaps they would, with Henrik saying he would even sacrifice a minute of five-on-five time to do it.

Wonderful thought, but it’s a study in stupidity. Consider they’re already going to be playing pre-season games, a full season (and these two rarely miss games) including a trip halfway around the world to play the Olympics on a team that already leads the league in travel. And then you expect them to take the dings that come with penalty-killing and still have something left for the playoffs at age 34. Good luck with that.
So, to recap, Vigneault was too soft on the Sedins, typified by keeping them off the penalty kill, but Tortorella is stupid for suggesting that he will have them kill penalties.

Thanks, Tony.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Don Taylor is suck a fucking tool. I don't even think this clown has followed hockey for the last decade.

Last night on Connected he mentions that the Canucks may have to buy out Luongo. He then adds that another option is to trade Cory Schneider who ARGUABLY has more value in the trade market at this point!

:lol:

That's arguable Donny? Fucking hack.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Say what you want, Don Taylor is a pretty decent fellah... he's not self-righteous and toxicc in his assessment of other people like ...you know who. Just remember, ALL communication is SELF-disclosure.
cc oldtimer
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lots of rumours regarding a deal with the NYI today, but somehow DiPietro is gonna have to be dealt with one way or another.

And there will be no straight up trade of RDP for Lu, so waiting for a decent counter offer from the Isles.

Can't wait till this all dealt with. :?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

nuckster wrote:Say what you want, Don Taylor is a pretty decent fellah... he's not self-righteous and toxicc in his assessment of other people like ...you know who.
Are you cool with a surgeon who's totally incompetent working on the tumor embedded in your cerebellum, nuckster?

Because whether he's a nice fellah has nothing to do with it. He's a hack who doesn't do his homework, and no matter how many of you young sters admire him, that's a fact.

I'm guessing you said hi to him in the grocery store or something and he acknowledged your presence... probably a rare occurence.

Stop trolling nuckster, you're better than that.*
Just remember, ALL communication is SELF-disclosure.
That is absolutely ridiculous! Are you just stering the pot or do you actually believe that?

So long for now, nuckstah!

*Fiction
Last edited by Rumsfeld on Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.