Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Coaches canned

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Ok , we'll back to the drawing board then ...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Everyone just dry off.

Torts will not be our coach. If that goofy little hamsterfaced smugfuck is our coach this season I will personally drive CFP to the ferry.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I think the point I'm trying to make is that the fact that AV landed on his feet with a nice 5 year contract might prove that the "mistakes" that he was being blamed for here by some might just be overblown a little.

Time will tell.

The Rangers boast a few more power forwards in their top 9 than the Canucks did. There are certainly some net driving and crashing skaters suiting up for the Rags. If the Rangers become a possession/cycle team that limits the net presence to one guy and the other guys coming in way late for rebounds......well that will tell us if it was Vigneault's gameplan that was playing such inept, and soft, perimeter hockey, or if it was the players themselves.

We will see I suppose.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 pm

All the areas where this team needs improvement are the areas where Torts is weakest.

Power play, breakouts, offensive forecheck, GOAL-SCORING... what the hell man.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby vic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:58 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I think the point I'm trying to make is that the fact that AV landed on his feet with a nice 5 year contract might prove that the "mistakes" that he was being blamed for here by some might just be overblown a little.

Even more surprising is that is happened in NY, because Glen Sather has allows been known for doing his due diligence and handing out contracts that make sense.
vic
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby $lacker » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Ira Kaufman ‏@IKaufmanTBO 5h
John Tortorella is reportedly in talks with the Canucks about becoming their next coach. Brace yourself, B.C. media, for the coming storm

Tampa Bay scribe... although not sure if he is merely referring to the 2nd interview. A lot of smoke though.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby black ace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm

Bringing in Torterella is a boom or bust hiring similar to bringing in Keenan. You hope he can push the team that 5% more it needs without having the entire thing implode.

imo bringing in Stevens would indicate Gillis isint really worried about the "window" closing.

I would be surprised if it was anyone else.

Time will tell.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby FAN » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:05 pm

black ace wrote:Bringing in Torterella is a boom or bust hiring similar to bringing in Keenan. You hope he can push the team that 5% more it needs without having the entire thing implode.

imo bringing in Stevens would indicate Gillis isint really worried about the "window" closing.

Time will tell.

Tortorella's playoff record stinks pretty bad if you take away the Cup win.

Stevens is going to be a guy that everyone likes and can be one of those guys who stays on for a long time. I'm just worried about his ability to coach and motivate the team.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 pm

FAN wrote:
black ace wrote:Bringing in Torterella is a boom or bust hiring similar to bringing in Keenan. You hope he can push the team that 5% more it needs without having the entire thing implode.

Time will tell.

Tortorella's playoff record stinks pretty bad if you take away the Cup win.

If you take away the cup win ? Why should that be taken away ?
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Blobby, how long do you give Torts, if he is hired, until he gets fired from here? I give it 1.5 seasons.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Blobby, how long do you give Torts, if he is hired, until he gets fired from here? I give it 1.5 seasons.

No idea, not even sure if i want to see him here. I was just questioning why his cup win should be taken out of the equation.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:25 pm

FAN wrote:Tortorella's playoff record stinks pretty bad if you take away the Cup win.

LOL

AV's playoff record smells like roses if you add a cup win.

LOL
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby dbr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm

You know Tortorella stayed with the Rangers for what, five seasons.. with the Lightning for seven I think?

Obviously he's a bit of a clown in front of the cameras and I don't think that would jive with the franchise, and there are other things on his resume that are a cause for concern... but for a coach to have two NHL jobs averaging six years per, that doesn't really support the short shelf life, high risk, etc narrative most people have been projecting onto him.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Torts is like the new Keenan, of that lunatic variety but manages a shelf life that is a hair bit longer than Keenans, the same head games with the media and players.

To be honest, I kind of like Torts cause he's not right in the head. Everyone thought he would have been a great hockey analyst when he went to TSN was it? Fuck was he awful. He may be kind of entertaining.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:07 pm

For those not familiar with Torts + media:

:mrgreen:

Gotsta say I'm really warming up to this guy.
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
Strangelove
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat