I can't believe we found the thug who gooned sThinkster away...take care my arse, how can you feel good about killing Artie, he was one of a kind, he was...smarter than the usual bear....he was....wonderbar.....I miss his hockey discourse
Let me correct you on a couple of things...
Take Care's surrender
Mistakes that people often make on a professional sports fans message board:
1. Take things waaaaaay to seriously; this is is a place to hang and banter, it is no different than friends in real life. They laugh, they joke, they argue, they insult, they kiss and make up. How is this any different from a Saturday hockey game? (which I partake in and pretty much what happens here happens there).
2. This is a bunch of armchair amateurs that have very little to do with the game even though we might think so. Every post is to be taken with a grain of salt and a disclaimer 'In My Honest Under-qualified Opinion'
3. The posters. ALL the posters are the reason the board succeeds. All the different personalities and varying opinions are relevant and entertaining. Yes, even those that don't agree or don't like each other. The funny ones, the haters, the grumpy ('Hi' BD
) the stupid, the highly classy, the unreal intelligent, the geeks, the losers, the real jocks.
4. Sarcasm is a underappreciated form of pastime.
Learn to laugh at yourself once in a while instead of being so defensive. Life is much better that way
5. There are players (themselves and family/friends), staff and media that read and post on these boards. They would never admit to it. Kinda cowardly IMHO but the fans are the ones that are the most raw, the most honest and the bread and butter of the league in the first place.
6. We are not anonymous. We do not hide (Arron is our hero!). Most on here know my real name. I hide not but I stand in front of you as a fan. Judge not, less you be judged. Do not fucking piss me off with your whiney, needy little Jihad.
7. The common malaise is right on time. We are angry, we are frustrated, we are pissed that we are not in the Final. Still suffering from the SCF burn-out of 2 years ago and feeling powerless. We need to channel our energy somewhere. It's a long frustrating summer and indecision, and neuroses
I urge you to find that online hockey nirvana somewhere and report back here to invite us all
Simply but, you won't. The veterans know this, they have been everywhere.
8. Lastly, we are a community. New and old. Better or worse. We fight, we argue, we laugh, we jest. We agree, we disagree but this CC, like it or not has evolved to become the defacto standard for Canuck fans. Even for Hockey fans in general.
If you can't take a jab then now and then then perhaps it is time to retire to glee'r pastures.
Brian lays down the law and we try to follow it. We appreciate his time, work and monies. We populate here because it is home to us Canuckleheads.
CC exists because of us not for us. It's up to the community I guess. If they become a bunch of knotted panty users like Rummy then maybe I should be the one that should move on. PC has and never will be the place for me, I am a potty mouthed bastard.
This politically correct trendiness of calling every thing bully
is...well...I can't think of anything else but stupid
It's mob mentality at best and reminds me of other catch phrases such as racist
We are becoming a society of pussies. Of cowardly little peons that are afraid to be honest and act with integrity. I am what I am, I refuse to be poser that judges others with a broad stroke of a bully paintbrush.
I hope those that use this term lightly aren't parents. I would hate to think of the wimpy children they have unleashed into an already weak gene pool.
Grow a pair already.
Hockey is not for sissies
We are ALL Canucks!