Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Coaches canned

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Arachnid wrote:You drank his Koolaids :(

OR... he convinced me to stop drinking GMMG's koolaid. :drink:
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Strangelove wrote:

RD and cool AIDS, like popcorn and butter.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:I think MG is like most GM's, he has his say but ultimately lets the coach decide what to do and how to coach. At least I have heard that MG has a lot to say but never to the point of ordering his coach to do something.

Then why on Earth is he always blathering on about "Team Management"?

Hockey Widow wrote:Last year's playoff's was somewhat of an exception

duh huh....

Hockey Widow wrote:in that MG wanted Cory in net because the team was trying to decide if they were going to trade Cory or Luongo. And in retrospect it may have blown up in his face but it certainly got Luongo willing to waive his NTC.

Well perhaps it would have been better NOT to stab your biggest-contract player in the back?

You know, the one you once made captain?

Just sayin: something stinks.

Last edited by Strangelove on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

RD and cool AIDS, like popcorn and butter.

ouch, EVERYONE is fucking RD over. :)
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Hockey Widow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm

Ya for sure MG's stick is running thin right now. When eh took over the team the word I heard was that AV would be canned. Somewhere between that message and MG meeting with AV he decided to keep AV. It was not a popular choice with ownership at the time as he was seen as a BB and Nonis boy. This may be MG's only chance to get a coach that he chooses from the get go. He has got to be on a short leash right now. If this team fails to go deep next season one has to think MG will be shown the door.

HE has got to trim the fat as RD says and get some new blood into the line up. So far it appears he thinks he can accomplish that with younger kids. We will see I guess.

But it is hard to find any MG supporters out there right now.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:30 pm

herb wrote:
Topper wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Still high on the list but word is that the Canucks believe, hope, that Tippet will be available July 1 and that is their guy. ..........
So from what I was told today as long as there is a chance that Tippet will become available the Canucks will not be making any coaching offers.

That explains the rush to sign Sestito.

Whooosh.

SAR casm
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm

rikster wrote:
sagebrush wrote: Gillis is mining the interviews for ideas.

I think he is also mining for associate coaches...Many of those being interviewed have previously been head coaches and are now working as asssistants on coaching staffs in hopes that they can secure another head coaching job in the future...

And those who are unemployed need to find work, and if its not as a head coach then being an assistant is still work....

As much as AV and Bowness were joined at the hip, who would be on the roladex to draw an assistant coach from if a John Stevens type of hire is made as head coach?

If Stevens is the leading candidate for head coach, it's interesting to guess which of the other candidates if any will be added to fill out the coaching staff....

Take care....

That's just retarded

We need to focus on a head coach not talk of associate ones, ffs man maybe you should take care of your renal glands...
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 pm

You know what Spidey, that's seriously not cool. Cut rikster some slack bro.
Cowards die a thousand times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:26 pm

Rumsfeld wrote:You know what Spidey, that's seriously not cool. Cut rikster some slack bro.

In 90 posts he has not said one god damn relevant thing and then he has the nerve to tell us to take care...

Take Care of what? Business? Hockey? Petunias? Aunt May? Prostrate?
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby Rumsfeld » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:You know what Spidey, that's seriously not cool. Cut rikster some slack bro.

In 90 posts he has not said one god damn relevant thing and then he has the nerve to tell us to take care...

Take Care of what? Business? Hockey? Petunias? Aunt May? Prostrate?

Whatever man, I'm just sick of watching good guys like rikster get bullied around. I like his posts and look forward to reading more of them.

Stay gold rikster, don't let this guy get to you.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 am

Hockey Widow wrote:Just heard that Torts is not the number one choice at this point. Maybe his interview didn't go well.

Still high on the list but word is that the Canucks believe, hope, that Tippet will be available July 1 and that is their guy. So they are doing all the interviews with all other available candidates and sort of ranking them but are waiting and will wait to see if tippet becomes available. If he does I expect them to make him an offer. If they don't get Tippet the plan is to have all the other candidates ranked and ready to make an offer at that point.

So from what I was told today as long as there is a chance that Tippet will become available the Canucks will not be making any coaching offers.

So , we will either be a "Tippet" style team.. grinding and trapping our way into a playoff spot ( 3rd in division maybe? or conference wild card ? ).. or we bring in an Asshole coach who reams a few underperforming players and at least brings in exciting hockey ? I prefer the latter.. It really doesn't matter who the hell is coaching neither JC playing the good shepherd act or Satan with a pitchfork jamming their butts will get a Stanley for the team as its presently made up.. Unless Gillis rebuilds the team under different on ice leadership ( Yeah I mean the Sedin's ) they aren't going anywhere .. so lets get a little entertainment .. Hire Torts :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tiger » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:20 am

Ooops... sorry about double post :oops:
Last edited by Tiger on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby dbr » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 am

Woohoo, John Tortorella's "exciting" brand of hockey. We can bring in Ryan Johnson to run the power play.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby FAN » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:35 am

Let's hope that Tippett makes a quick decision as to whether he's coming back and is allowed to speak to other teams (based on his relationship with Maloney, it's a strong possibility).
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Lancer » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 am

Tiger wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Just heard that Torts is not the number one choice at this point. Maybe his interview didn't go well.

Still high on the list but word is that the Canucks believe, hope, that Tippet will be available July 1 and that is their guy. So they are doing all the interviews with all other available candidates and sort of ranking them but are waiting and will wait to see if tippet becomes available. If he does I expect them to make him an offer. If they don't get Tippet the plan is to have all the other candidates ranked and ready to make an offer at that point.

So , we will either be a "Tippet" style team.. grinding and trapping our way into a playoff spot ( 3rd in division maybe? or conference wild card ? ).. or we bring in an Asshole coach who reams a few underperforming players and at least brings in exciting hockey ? I prefer the latter.. It really doesn't matter who the hell is coaching neither JC playing the good shepherd act or Satan with a pitchfork jamming their butts will get a Stanley for the team as its presently made up.. Unless Gillis rebuilds the team under different on ice leadership ( Yeah I mean the Sedin's ) they aren't going anywhere .. so lets get a little entertainment .. Hire Torts :)

If the choice is between Torts and Tippett.... I'd have to hold my nose and point to Torts. At least the guy coached some offensive hockey in Tampa once upon a time. Tippett will have us pining for the entertainment of Vigneault's first couple of years behind the bench in Vancouver.

Having said that, if the choice is between 'A' or 'B', can I choose 'C'

...please???

A coaching change will make a significant difference, but agree that the room has to get some old people out and some new people in if the team is going to move forward. There has to be more to this summer than a new coach, some extra picks for Luongo and the Young Stars competition.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat