Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Coaches canned

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:So...whos' sock is Rikster? Seriously...

I call it. Nobodys that lame...nobody

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks and it's right back to sockland. I want one Rats! PM me how to
Well legster Rik is the real deal... Where ya been..no WiFi at camp?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:So...whos' sock is Rikster? Seriously...

I call it. Nobodys that lame...nobody

I haven't been on here in a couple of weeks and it's right back to sockland. I want one Rats! PM me how to
Well legster Rik is the real deal... Where ya been..no WiFi at camp?
There's no way he's real. Maybe Brian has one? Could he?
I was doing 12s and then spent my free time puking up the camp slop then spanking with my last remaining moments of consciousness.
Now I'm on the backside of my shift so gotta save it up for the misses ;)

I seem to have missed some excitement
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Stay tuned....lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Spidey has made a new friend LOL...

pssst! Rikster!-don't tell him about your childhood "issues"...he's not very sympathetic it turns out :evil:
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

My young son, he's three, I shouldn't be grandfather for at least another ten years, corrected me for using foul language the other day.

Think about it.

Rickster chased Thinker away.

Rickster, you are number 1 (one) in my books. A true
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

nuckster wrote: I rarely enjoy reading Arachnid's posts.
Rarely? I wish I could say 'rarely' cause I never like reading his posts period! Every time I come across his posts I mutter the same thing under my breath "this cat has issues that he ain't dealing with". He's out of sync.

I like Riksters postings, always have. It's just so Arachnid to be an uncalled for asshole to a decent poster.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

My top 3 choices for coach are: 1) Dave Tippett 2) John Stevens 3) Lindsay Ruff unless of course Mike Babcock becomes available, and then he moves to number 1....
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

[quote="Topper"]My young son, he's three, I shouldn't be grandfather for at least another ten years, corrected me for using foul language the other day.

Think about it.

Rickster chased Thinker away.

Rickster, you are number 1 (one) in my books. A true

You mean all I had to do is dumb down my retorts to stinks? Damn! why didn't I stink of dat! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

This whole coaching too much defense or not developing young players criticism of coaches remains infinitely amusing. If you look closely at every successful NHL coach, you will find most have had difficulties with some young players (some aren't as ready as some fans may think) and most have coached stifling defensive hockey at some point.

Why?

Because a good coach should be adept at instilling different types of systems and it's all predicated on the type of roster a coach has at his disposal.

As Donny pointed out, Tippett can coach offensive hockey if he has the horses and there's a track record of solid special teams play where he's coached.

I would have no problems with him becoming the Canucks next head coach. None of us really know how good a coach really is since we're not privy to most of their daily dealings but hiring a coach who has a record of getting the most out of his teams is nothing to scoff at.

The coaches that I want us to stay away from are the Lindy Ruff types who haven't shown an ability to adapt to the new way of coaching today's players in the current state of the NHL.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
nuckster wrote: I rarely enjoy reading Arachnid's posts.
Rarely? I wish I could say 'rarely' cause I never like reading his posts period! Every time I come across his posts I mutter the same thing under my breath "this cat has issues that he ain't dealing with". He's out of sync.

I like Riksters postings, always have. It's just so Arachnid to be an uncalled for asshole to a decent poster.
that's high praise coming from you BD! :mrgreen: farts use to say the same thing about me, I was insignificant, I was nothing to him, he said I never got under his skin...then that asshole had to chase him away by lowering the board IQ...poor stinker :cry:

if it's any consolation bud, I think you should be the next coach of Your Vancouver Canucks...that way people could see the real you and not the fake internet version :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:You know what Spidey, that's seriously not cool. Cut rikster some slack bro.
In 90 posts he has not said one god damn relevant thing and then he has the nerve to tell us to take care...

Take Care of what? Business? Hockey? Petunias? Aunt May? Prostrate?
Since you asked....A long, long time ago I wrote a post which contained a swear word... A fellow poster chastised me for my language while informing me that he was sitting at his desk with his grandson reading the message board when they came across my post and that he didn't appreciate my language...

Embarrased, I thought about it and realized that he was right...Why speak any differently to a person on a computer than you would if you were speaking to them face to face?...

When I say goodbye to somebody in person, I often say "take care", I don't see any reason to change when giving my opinions on a message board....

Relevant......hmmmmm...

While you think its retarded to suggest that the Canucks aren't looking for a number of coaches to fill their numerous vacancies while interviewing a long list of candidates, I think its naive and retarded to think otherwise....

The fact that the local media are now suggesting that some of the candidates being interviewed will eventually find work as assistants in Vancouver or coaches on the farm makes it relevant....

Speaking of relevant, I can't say I know who you are and I can't comment on your hockey knowledge because from the little time I've spent reading some of your posts I found you don't really say anything that has much value to the topics being discussed....

I appreciate Rumsfield having my back on this one, but don't worry about me getting hurt feelings or being intimidated, I never shy from a good debate....

Bullies like you remind me of the time another bully who went by the handle "The Thinker" left this board for that other Canuck board....

We had had our battles and when I PM'd him to let him know I would miss him, he replied that I was the reason he was leaving.....Seems he was better at giving than he was taking...

Speaking of that other Canuck board, I moved on when many of its posters found a new home here...I'm not much of a fan of the style of posting that goes on here now so I took my act elsewhere....

I came back after reading some of Hockey Widows posts, I don't dispute that she has some source(s) but I would suggest that those sources have agendas ....

At the end of the day, I like to talk hockey and I especially like to talk hockey with fans I don't agree with...

Agree, disagree, ignore, whatever, just try to keep it to hockey and ditch the name calling and bullying....I does nothing more than cause some to wonder where and what you were doing on the night of June 15th, 2011....

Later...
Rikster just bootfucked Spidey all over the boards
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

coco_canuck wrote:This whole coaching too much defense or not developing young players criticism of coaches remains infinitely amusing. If you look closely at every successful NHL coach, you will find most have had difficulties with some young players (some aren't as ready as some fans may think) and most have coached stifling defensive hockey at some point.

Why?

Because a good coach should be adept at instilling different types of systems and it's all predicated on the type of roster a coach has at his disposal.

As Donny pointed out, Tippett can coach offensive hockey if he has the horses and there's a track record of solid special teams play where he's coached.

I would have no problems with him becoming the Canucks next head coach. None of us really know how good a coach really is since we're not privy to most of their daily dealings but hiring a coach who has a record of getting the most out of his teams is nothing to scoff at.

The coaches that I want us to stay away from are the Lindy Ruff types who haven't shown an ability to adapt to the new way of coaching today's players in the current state of the NHL.

i agree that we need a new coach with the abilities to change with the league...as well as changing systems during the season that expose the weaknesses of other teams...i think...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We also need players that can change their style of play.

Sedins are too predictable and need to mix their game up a little.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Looks like AV to the Rangers is a done deal. Good thing for Coach V, the Rangers have an all star goalie.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Reefer2 wrote:We also need players that can change their style of play.

Sedins are too predictable and need to mix their game up a little.
I don't know how much they can do that. The twins are good stickhandlers and fantastic passers but when you can't skate, hit or shoot the puck with velocity, there's only so much you can do to vary your attack.

The problem with the twins' game is that once they lose the puck they very rarely get it back... and in the playoffs it's harder to maintain possession for extended periods in the corners. There is little question at this point that teams have figured out how to take the cycle away and the Sedins need to be more willing to crash the crease.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society