Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Coaches canned

Post by 2Fingers »

I find it amusing watching some posters go crazy.

I do ignore majority of the name calling arrogant posts, the ones where some posters think they are King Shit. I assume their real life is boring and they work at dead end jobs and only on internet forums can they be the boss and with the in group.

But in the back ground there is always some good posters who post well through out or well researched ideas/comments. That is what I stay for.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

rikster wrote: Because as Strangelove pointed out in an earlier post, the rat pack has turned this site into the same thing it did to the one which went broke, your own personal lounge to hang out in and have some fun at the expense of others...

So, if that's the case, don't you think you should be paying for it?....

Later....
You seem like a decent enough chap but you're throwing a lot of misinformation and unproven assumptions out there.

I've noticed posters like yourself with a longer history here at the Corner are more likely to draw US vs Them distinctions than those of us who ventured over when a certain individual had virtual meltdown and nuked his "life's work."

If perhaps you had been involved in more discussions when the Central exodus happened, you would have noticed many of us, me included, tried explaining the cutting, direct posting style of the "rat pack" as less of an affront but more of no bullshit, straight talk that demands you think before you post.

When the "rat pack" infested this Corner, there were a few heated debates but if you look closely you'll see they centred around poorly thought out takes and lazy posts. Perhaps you good native Corner citizens don't have a problem with poor takes and don't like to call a spade a spade as often, and that's fine but direct, pointed criticism of poor thoughts isn't necessarily bullying, it's simply stern.

I would also humbly suggest that every challenge and ribbing isn't taken as direct personal assault, and there's a lot of small things said that's taken to heart way too easily.

Are there assholes amongst the "rat pack?" absolutely. But those assholes aren't as scary as you might think once you get to know them a little bit.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hammond Aigs wrote:I agree completely with Rikster's assessment of the bullying and disrespectful discourse which seems to have exploded over the past few weeks. I found this site quite by accident, and felt myself fortunate to have stumbled on a site which a) discussed Canucks hockey in a forum context, and b) seemed to encourage thoughtful and respectful discussions and disagreements. It seemed, at that time, to be a place for adults.

What's apparent now is that a few have determined that hockey discussion is secondary to some kind of angry dominance - and that dominance is going to be asserted by bullying statements and heavy-handed ridicule. Why? Because they can - post count trumps respect and civility, apparently.

I have fond the "ignore" feature to be useful in tuning out some of the repetitive noise, but there comes a point where you have to ask "Why bother?" Why bother sifting through the adolescent name-calling, insults, and bullying behavior to get to the few nuggets of interesting and thoughtful discourse? Why bother wasting my time with the same bullshit that I left behind in high school, so long ago?

If this site wants to go along as it has, then fine - you can all decide that only the 1000+ posters can play with each other. Hopefully, another site will spring up and become what this forum used to be.
Hammond... You do understand your opinion must be taken as one from a "lurker" I mean this was your 7th post. Its like moving near the ocean and not liking the smell. But I believe all opinions are important, they just come with different weight
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hammond Aigs wrote:I agree completely with Rikster's assessment of the bullying and disrespectful discourse which seems to have exploded over the past few weeks. I found this site quite by accident, and felt myself fortunate to have stumbled on a site which a) discussed Canucks hockey in a forum context, and b) seemed to encourage thoughtful and respectful discussions and disagreements. It seemed, at that time, to be a place for adults.

What's apparent now is that a few have determined that hockey discussion is secondary to some kind of angry dominance - and that dominance is going to be asserted by bullying statements and heavy-handed ridicule. Why? Because they can - post count trumps respect and civility, apparently.

I have fond the "ignore" feature to be useful in tuning out some of the repetitive noise, but there comes a point where you have to ask "Why bother?" Why bother sifting through the adolescent name-calling, insults, and bullying behavior to get to the few nuggets of interesting and thoughtful discourse? Why bother wasting my time with the same bullshit that I left behind in high school, so long ago?

If this site wants to go along as it has, then fine - you can all decide that only the 1000+ posters can play with each other. Hopefully, another site will spring up and become what this forum used to be.
For a guy with a clever handle you seem a bit thick. Bullying ? Really ? It's called sarcasm, smack talk whatever, grow a thicker skin if this shit bothers you . You have seven posts for fuck sakes. It's posts like yours that rile up the owner/mods and you make no fucking contribution to the discussion around here whatsoever.

Christ how many times has the dude or Mondi taken a few lumps ? Or Reefer ? Do they piss and moan ? No they hand it back and we all laugh.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wow. That's quite the post...

I guess he is real :wow:

Rats = The ringleader of the cabal :lol:

Dude, the real world has thick skin. You may want to grow a pair and join it some day.

Hockey isn't the only reason we come and I for one will stand up for these assholes any day.
If you need air...call it in
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Ain't it amazing how folks get touchy about sarcasm after a while. Good thing it's never the same as bullying. After all, it's really just straight talk. Ain't it?

Glad that no one wants to try to turn this into an US vs THEM war. Or whine for help instead of exposing someone as an ass.

PS - Rats' gentle efforts to maintain the peace have been appreciated, before & after mod. But beware. An angry rat is a
dangerous thing.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote:Ain't it amazing how folks get touchy about sarcasm after a while. Good thing it's never the same as bullying. After all, it's really just straight talk. Ain't it?

Glad that no one wants to try to turn this into an US vs THEM war. Or whine for help instead of exposing someone as an ass.

PS - Rats' gentle efforts to maintain the peace have been appreciated, before & after mod. But beware. An angry rat is a
dangerous thing.
Sage, appreciate your appreciatedness of my style..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Glad to see you appreciate the good things in life. :mrgreen:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rikster wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I can't believe we found the thug who gooned sThinkster away...take care my arse, how can you feel good about killing Artie, he was one of a kind, he was...smarter than the usual bear....he was....wonderbar.....I miss his hockey discourse
Let me correct you on a couple of things...

Take Care's surrender

Later....
Mistakes that people often make on a professional sports fans message board:

1. Take things waaaaaay to seriously; this is is a place to hang and banter, it is no different than friends in real life. They laugh, they joke, they argue, they insult, they kiss and make up. How is this any different from a Saturday hockey game? (which I partake in and pretty much what happens here happens there).

2. This is a bunch of armchair amateurs that have very little to do with the game even though we might think so. Every post is to be taken with a grain of salt and a disclaimer 'In My Honest Under-qualified Opinion'

3. The posters. ALL the posters are the reason the board succeeds. All the different personalities and varying opinions are relevant and entertaining. Yes, even those that don't agree or don't like each other. The funny ones, the haters, the grumpy ('Hi' BD 8-) ) the stupid, the highly classy, the unreal intelligent, the geeks, the losers, the real jocks.

4. Sarcasm is a underappreciated form of pastime. :) Learn to laugh at yourself once in a while instead of being so defensive. Life is much better that way :drink:

5. There are players (themselves and family/friends), staff and media that read and post on these boards. They would never admit to it. Kinda cowardly IMHO but the fans are the ones that are the most raw, the most honest and the bread and butter of the league in the first place.

6. We are not anonymous. We do not hide (Arron is our hero!). Most on here know my real name. I hide not but I stand in front of you as a fan. Judge not, less you be judged. Do not fucking piss me off with your whiney, needy little Jihad.

7. The common malaise is right on time. We are angry, we are frustrated, we are pissed that we are not in the Final. Still suffering from the SCF burn-out of 2 years ago and feeling powerless. We need to channel our energy somewhere. It's a long frustrating summer and indecision, and neuroses :crazy:
I urge you to find that online hockey nirvana somewhere and report back here to invite us all :D
Simply but, you won't. The veterans know this, they have been everywhere.

8. Lastly, we are a community. New and old. Better or worse. We fight, we argue, we laugh, we jest. We agree, we disagree but this CC, like it or not has evolved to become the defacto standard for Canuck fans. Even for Hockey fans in general.
If you can't take a jab then now and then then perhaps it is time to retire to glee'r pastures.
Brian lays down the law and we try to follow it. We appreciate his time, work and monies. We populate here because it is home to us Canuckleheads.
CC exists because of us not for us. It's up to the community I guess. If they become a bunch of knotted panty users like Rummy then maybe I should be the one that should move on. PC has and never will be the place for me, I am a potty mouthed bastard.

This politically correct trendiness of calling every thing bully is...well...I can't think of anything else but stupid.

It's mob mentality at best and reminds me of other catch phrases such as racist or homophobic.

We are becoming a society of pussies. Of cowardly little peons that are afraid to be honest and act with integrity. I am what I am, I refuse to be poser that judges others with a broad stroke of a bully paintbrush.

I hope those that use this term lightly aren't parents. I would hate to think of the wimpy children they have unleashed into an already weak gene pool.

Grow a pair already.

Hockey is not for sissies :evil:

We are ALL Canucks!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mondi wrote:It's easy to disagree, debate and even argue without being rude.

No need to be overly-sensitive about rude posters, but there also no need to be rude.
Because life is like that :roll:

I blame MG 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:
rikster wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I can't believe we found the thug who gooned sThinkster away...take care my arse, how can you feel good about killing Artie, he was one of a kind, he was...smarter than the usual bear....he was....wonderbar.....I miss his hockey discourse
Let me correct you on a couple of things...

Take Care's surrender

Later....
Mistakes that people often make on a professional sports fans message board:

1. Take things waaaaaay to seriously; this is is a place to hang and banter, it is no different than friends in real life. They laugh, they joke, they argue, they insult, they kiss and make up. How is this any different from a Saturday hockey game? (which I partake in and pretty much what happens here happens there).

2. This is a bunch of armchair amateurs that have very little to do with the game even though we might think so. Every post is to be taken with a grain of salt and a disclaimer 'In My Honest Under-qualified Opinion'

3. The posters. ALL the posters are the reason the board succeeds. All the different personalities and varying opinions are relevant and entertaining. Yes, even those that don't agree or don't like each other. The funny ones, the haters, the grumpy ('Hi' BD 8-) ) the stupid, the highly classy, the unreal intelligent, the geeks, the losers, the real jocks.

4. Sarcasm is a underappreciated form of pastime. :) Learn to laugh at yourself once in a while instead of being so defensive. Life is much better that way :drink:

5. There are players (themselves and family/friends), staff and media that read and post on these boards. They would never admit to it. Kinda cowardly IMHO but the fans are the ones that are the most raw, the most honest and the bread and butter of the league in the first place.

6. We are not anonymous. We do not hide (Arron is our hero!). Most on here know my real name. I hide not but I stand in front of you as a fan. Judge not, less you be judged. Do not fucking piss me off with your whiney, needy little Jihad.

7. The common malaise is right on time. We are angry, we are frustrated, we are pissed that we are not in the Final. Still suffering from the SCF burn-out of 2 years ago and feeling powerless. We need to channel our energy somewhere. It's a long frustrating summer and indecision, and neuroses :crazy:
I urge you to find that online hockey nirvana somewhere and report back here to invite us all :D
Simply but, you won't. The veterans know this, they have been everywhere.

8. Lastly, we are a community. New and old. Better or worse. We fight, we argue, we laugh, we jest. We agree, we disagree but this CC, like it or not has evolved to become the defacto standard for Canuck fans. Even for Hockey fans in general.
If you can't take a jab then now and then then perhaps it is time to retire to glee'r pastures.
Brian lays down the law and we try to follow it. We appreciate his time, work and monies. We populate here because it is home to us Canuckleheads.
CC exists because of us not for us. It's up to the community I guess. If they become a bunch of knotted panty users like Rummy then maybe I should be the one that should move on. PC has and never will be the place for me, I am a potty mouthed bastard.

This politically correct trendiness of calling every thing bully is...well...I can't think of anything else but stupid.

It's mob mentality at best and reminds me of other catch phrases such as racist or homophobic.

We are becoming a society of pussies. Of cowardly little peons that are afraid to be honest and act with integrity. I am what I am, I refuse to be poser that judges others with a broad stroke of a bully paintbrush.

I hope those that use this term lightly aren't parents. I would hate to think of the wimpy children they have unleashed into an already weak gene pool.

Grow a pair already.

Hockey is not for sissies :evil:

We are ALL Canucks!
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
x00x
CC Rookie

Post by x00x »

aside from the irony of this post, perhaps if people stayed on topic and kept their whining and complaining about each other to a different thread some of these issues would be resolved.

personally i hate having to skip 1/2 the posts in a thread while people discuss their ovaries.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

x00x wrote:aside from the irony of this post, perhaps if people stayed on topic and kept their whining and complaining about each other to a different thread some of these issues would be resolved.

personally i hate having to skip 1/2 the posts in a thread while people discuss their ovaries.
As a mod I fully endorse this post. We have a 'Bar and Grill' for a reason.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Torts to get a 2nd interview folks, along with Stevens probably...

" John Tortorella is getting a second interview with the Canucks this week to replace the fired Alain Vigneault after the blustery bench boss apparently knocked it out of the park in his first meeting. Not surprising. The fired New York Rangers coach has won a Stanley Cup, will push any buttons to maximize performance and that will resonate with ownership and management — event though some of the Rangers’ problems this season sound so familiar here. A reliance on great goaltending and struggle to score goals led to the Rangers being 10th in offence and 23rd on the power play during the regular season and 4-for-44 on the power play in the playoffs. Yet, there’s something about the fiery Tortorella approach that’s tempting — like putting your hand too close to a flame — to see if you get a rush or burned in the process. We’ve documented for weeks what a Tortorella hiring here would mean — the good, bad and possibly ugly — but it’s a story that simply won’t go away. And if Torts can somewhat soften his approach in a media-mad market, he might have a leg up on the job.

Expect Los Angeles Kings assistant coach John Stevens to be granted another interview. With NHL general manager meetings on Wednesday in Boston, this process could stretch out unless Mike Gillis is already convinced he has his man and just needs to take the process forward face-to-face.
http://bit.ly/12QOHz9"
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Wouldn't it be funny if the biggest move both the Canucks and the Rangers make this off season is to simply switch coaches and neither team ends up making the playoffs?
2011..... the one that got away.