Which Free Agents Should Gillis Shoot For

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Which Free Agents Should Gillis Shoot For

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: I would hope Edler brings back more than Eriksson...he is one of the higher scoring D-men in the league.

I cant see him going anywhere to be honest unless it's with Edler in on the trade. Signing guys to NTC contracts then moving them before they kick in is a slimy thing to do and will reflect on a teams abilities to attract UFAs down the road.

I'd say Bieksa moving would be more in line with how Gillis rolls. Have him make a list and work with the player rather than against him
I like the floated idea of Bobby Ryan though OR a couple of the forwards in Philly for AE and or RL.

Edler and Burrows are still tradeable, and I think with the team on a downward spiral, those players who don't have a NTC kicked in yet, should be aware they could be dealt to get this team out of it's two year playoff funk.

Juice already has a full NTC so he's locked up for good, MG is already breaking his rules with trading a player he signed with a NTC in Luongo, can't see MG breaking his own rule twice unless forced to.

And no way in hell Benn's getting moved there Mëds.

Probably have a better shot at E Kane.
The fact that I started the post with by saying that Eriksson should convince Hank and Danny to come to Dallas.....and then ending with hoping the player from another team makes it happen for us.....I was hoping that would be enough to let people know that the post was not intended to be taken seriously.

Well other than the HELL NO to Eriksson.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Mëds wrote:HE'LL NO! To Louie Eriksson. We don't need another soft Swedish forward. If Eiriksson wants too play with Hank and Danny then he should convince Dallas to offer us Jamie Benn, a 1st, and a 2nd, for the Twins.....and convince the Sedins to waive.
You can't be serious. Loui Eriksson is one of those universal forwards type that you can slot anywhere in the lineup either left or right wing. He's 27, a consistent 70 point guy, and signed for three more years at a $4.25M cap hit. He doesn't hit but he plays very well in traffic. He's a guy every team would want in their lineup.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

FAN wrote:
Mëds wrote:HE'LL NO! To Louie Eriksson. We don't need another soft Swedish forward. If Eiriksson wants too play with Hank and Danny then he should convince Dallas to offer us Jamie Benn, a 1st, and a 2nd, for the Twins.....and convince the Sedins to waive.
You can't be serious. Loui Eriksson is one of those universal forwards type that you can slot anywhere in the lineup either left or right wing. He's 27, a consistent 70 point guy, and signed for three more years at a $4.25M cap hit. He doesn't hit but he plays very well in traffic. He's a guy every team would want in their lineup.
No kidding, the Canucks would love to have Eriksson. He would look good playing with Kesler. However, the Sedins need a more physical winger.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Any time you have the opportunity to add a 27 year old, who is a proven 25+ goal, 70+ point guy, you jump on that opportunity (unless he's a douche bag or known head case).
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jovocop wrote:
FAN wrote:
No kidding, the Canucks would love to have Eriksson. He would look good playing with Kesler. However, the Sedins need a more physical winger.
Uhm, and what's wrong with how Loui and the twins played together in Stockholm? :eh:

Sweden vs Denmark 4-2
1-1 EQ D Sedin (L Eriksson/H Sedin)
2-2 EQ H Sedin (L Eriksson/D Sedin)

Sweden vs Canada 3-2
1-1 PP N Danielsson (H Sedin/D Sedin) (Eriksson in front of the crease, blocking Smith's view)
2-1 PP L Eriksson (N Danielsson/D Sedin)

Sweden vs Finland 3-0
1-0 PP L Eriksson (H Sedin/D Sedin)
2-0 PP L Eriksson (H Sedin/D Sedin)
3-0 EQ EN H Sedin (L Eriksson/H Tallinder)

Sweden vs Switzerland 5-1
2-1 PP H Sedin (officially unassisted; Swiss guy intercepted the pass from Daniel, but Hank scored anyway)
4-1 EQ L Eriksson (H Sedin)
5-1 SH EN H Sedin (unassisted)

So, in the four games they formed a line, Daniel had 6 points (1G 5A), Henrik had 9 points (4G 5A) and Loui had 7 points (4G 3A). Both Sedins were on the ice, and at least one of them was credited with an assist, on every goal Loui scored. Loui assisted on Daniel's only goal and on two of Henrik's four, and was on the ice on every goal a twin scored, except for Henrik's short handed empty netter in the final.

Of the nine goals they combined to score, four were on the power play, four equal strength and one short handed.

They look like a great fit to me.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

A team that can't score couldn't use this?

Not sure re: Mëds disdain (I get the "we need some physical dudes" and assholes et cetera) but we could attempt to obtain both no?

2008-2009 Stars 82 36 27 63 14 14 7 1 4 178 20.2

2009-2010 Stars 82 29 42 71 -4 26 6 2 4 214 13.6

2010-2011 Stars 79 27 46 73 10 8 10 1 6 179 15.1

2011-2012 Stars 82 26 45 71 18 12 5 2 3 187 13.9

2012-2013 Stars 48 12 17 29 -9 8 2 1 3 104 11.5

...and he is but 27 years old.
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'd take Loui Eriksson in a heartbeat over Burrows.

Yea, we need some physical assholes but it would be nice to get rid of a few who other teams consider as assholes. Good riddance AV.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Per wrote:So, in the four games they formed a line, Daniel had 6 points (1G 5A), Henrik had 9 points (4G 5A) and Loui had 7 points (4G 3A). Both Sedins were on the ice, and at least one of them was credited with an assist, on every goal Loui scored. Loui assisted on Daniel's only goal and on two of Henrik's four, and was on the ice on every goal a twin scored, except for Henrik's short handed empty netter in the final.

Of the nine goals they combined to score, four were on the power play, four equal strength and one short handed.

Reminds me a little of the chemistry the Sedins had with Mats Lindgren in 2002-03 before Lindgren suffered a career-ending back injury that season.

Wow - 10 years ago.

...and another year that the Canucks should have won the Cup in my opinion.

S_C
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Wed May 22, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

Plus loui gets almost no penalties
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hank wrote:I'd take Loui Eriksson in a heartbeat over Burrows.
Straight up trade.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Can we just get someone that all the referees like? :?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Arachnid wrote:Can we just get someone that all the referees like? :?
Wouldn't the refs like someone that doesn't get penalties?
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Per wrote:
Jovocop wrote: No kidding, the Canucks would love to have Eriksson. He would look good playing with Kesler. However, the Sedins need a more physical winger.
Uhm, and what's wrong with how Loui and the twins played together in Stockholm? :eh:

Sweden vs Denmark 4-2
1-1 EQ D Sedin (L Eriksson/H Sedin)
2-2 EQ H Sedin (L Eriksson/D Sedin)

Sweden vs Canada 3-2
1-1 PP N Danielsson (H Sedin/D Sedin) (Eriksson in front of the crease, blocking Smith's view)
2-1 PP L Eriksson (N Danielsson/D Sedin)

Sweden vs Finland 3-0
1-0 PP L Eriksson (H Sedin/D Sedin)
2-0 PP L Eriksson (H Sedin/D Sedin)
3-0 EQ EN H Sedin (L Eriksson/H Tallinder)

Sweden vs Switzerland 5-1
2-1 PP H Sedin (officially unassisted; Swiss guy intercepted the pass from Daniel, but Hank scored anyway)
4-1 EQ L Eriksson (H Sedin)
5-1 SH EN H Sedin (unassisted)

So, in the four games they formed a line, Daniel had 6 points (1G 5A), Henrik had 9 points (4G 5A) and Loui had 7 points (4G 3A). Both Sedins were on the ice, and at least one of them was credited with an assist, on every goal Loui scored. Loui assisted on Daniel's only goal and on two of Henrik's four, and was on the ice on every goal a twin scored, except for Henrik's short handed empty netter in the final.

There is nothing wrong with Eriksson. Just that the NHL refs have a different agenda at times (especially in the playoffs), the Sedins need an asshole that can create room as well as protect them from rats like Marchand. As I said, Eriksson would be a great addition to the Canucks but they also need a physical top six when things get rough.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Jovocop wrote: the Sedins need an asshole that can create room as well as protect them from rats
:shock:

I never knew
If you need air...call it in
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

herb wrote:Any time you have the opportunity to add a 27 year old, who is a proven 25+ goal, 70+ point guy, you jump on that opportunity (unless he's a douche bag or known head case).
Now that AV's gone, you have a point.

Ballard was a proven 40+ point defenceman (on two teams), then he ran into AV.