Which Free Agents Should Gillis Shoot For

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Which Free Agents Should Gillis Shoot For

Post by Canuck-One »

Sedin - Sedin -Kassian

- -

Hansen - Kesler - Burrows

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

This is where I would start from. If MG can get someone tougher and a better skater than Sestito you make the change otherwise you keep him. We have no second line. Kesler is a two way third line guy who can score. He isn't a play making 2nd line C and he never will be. Unless MG can bring in top 6 guys to fill the 2nd line bring up the kids and play them.

Trade Luongo for draft picks and stock pile the Wolves. It is evident that no one wants to give much for Luo even though he is a fantastic talent. I don't know how MG bungled this but he did.

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

Alberts - Corrado

I would keep Alberts as he has proved to me he can play in this league. Trade Edler while his worth is still high. I don't know what happened but ever since he hurt his back he hasn't been the same player. If MG can get a high draft pick or pairs him with Luo it might get us a player and some picks.

UFA's that interest me are Stephan Weiss, Tyler Bozak and Mark Fistric.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canuck-One wrote:
Well, if you factor in Gillis mission statement, headlined, Bigger, Faster, Younger, you can take Weiss out for he is old, small and not fast, Bozak is small, and Fistric is SLOW! Don't fit the profile. Not sure how you sign Weiss and Bozak with Gillis problems he will have with our Cap Situation.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:
Well, if you factor in Gillis mission statement, headlined, Bigger, Faster, Younger, you can take Weiss out for he is old, small and not fast, Bozak is small, and Fistric is SLOW! Don't fit the profile. Not sure how you sign Weiss and Bozak with Gillis problems he will have with our Cap Situation.
Yet when Edmonton got Fistric you told us it was a good move. :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:
Yet when Edmonton got Fistric you told us it was a good move. :roll:
Maybe he meant that it was good move for the CANUCKS that Edmonton got Fistric... :wink:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

RoyalDude wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:
I was referring to UFA's and there aren't too many younger, faster, bigger ones listed. I guess Gillis could attempt the offer sheets for RFA's. I am not concerned with how slow Fistric is as the game seems to be going to the clutch and grab era again.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lancer wrote: Maybe he meant that it was good move for the CANUCKS that Edmonton got Fistric... :wink:

Meh... I should have known he would ignore my comment.He told us all how good Fistric was when the Coilers picked him up and how good he was going to make that defence. Kinda like how he skirted around my question about who ranked the Canucks drafting as the worst. I mean , if I only had an opinion of the mouth breathers from hockeysfuture to back up my point I likely skirt the issue too. Just like he danced around dbrs post he will dance around mine. He's a pretty good dancer for a punching bag. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Lancer wrote: Maybe he meant that it was good move for the CANUCKS that Edmonton got Fistric... :wink:

Meh... I should have known he would ignore my comment.He told us all how good Fistric was when the Coilers picked him up and how good he was going to make that defence. Kinda like how he skirted around my question about who ranked the Canucks drafting as the worst. I mean , if I only had an opinion of the mouth breathers from hockeysfuture to back up my point I likely skirt the issue too. Just like he danced around dbrs post he will dance around mine. He's a pretty good dancer for a punching bag. :lol:
He ignores every post that throws his own words in his face or that asks him a direct question that requires an answer with his opinion of a solution or better way of doing something.

:roll:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Good for the Oilers, they are tiny and have shite for Defense. Not good for us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Good for the Oilers, they are tiny and have shite for Defense. Not good for us.
Reeetaaaarrrrd.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Reeetaaaarrrrd.
There goes Lenny, talking to hamsters again. You must not be getting yo Mëds, Mëds?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Reeetaaaarrrrd.
There goes Lenny, talking to hamsters again. You must not be getting yo Mëds, Mëds?
Yawn.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I dont really mind Alberts as a #7 defenceman. I dont know if he will be looking for more than that but I would be fine heading into next year with:
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Garrison
Edler
Tanev
Corrado

Alberts
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

black ace wrote:I dont really mind Alberts as a #7 defenceman. I dont know if he will be looking for more than that but I would be fine heading into next year with:
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Garrison
Edler
Tanev
Corrado

Alberts
Agreed. Defence is good enough. It could be a lot worse.
The main concern should be creating a good scoring line to take the pressure off the Sedins.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

black ace wrote:I dont really mind Alberts as a #7 defenceman. I dont know if he will be looking for more than that but I would be fine heading into next year with:
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Garrison
Edler
Tanev
Corrado

Alberts
Great with D like that it will be another 1st round exit.

Edler needs to move, I am tired of his brain farts every season. I highly doubt a new coach can fix that and I prefer the team does not get stuck with his contract and NTC.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:
Bieksa
Hamhuis
Garrison
Edler
Tanev
Corrado

Alberts
Great with D like that it will be another 1st round exit.

Edler needs to move, I am tired of his brain farts every season. I highly doubt a new coach can fix that and I prefer the team does not get stuck with his contract and NTC.
While Edler doesn't NEED to move, he is by far our most valuable asset on D and he doesn't have a full NTC like Bieksa does. :mad:

With Anaheim maybe needing a slight change up. wonder if they would trade Edler straight up for Ryan?

Could add pieces like Booth or Hansen with us getting back probably Allen (with them keeping about $1.5M) or Sbisa who didn't score a single point in the playoffs.

Philly would be all over Edler if he were available, and hopefully they bite the bullet and buy out Bryz, so we can make a blockbuster deal involving Lu as well, they got a lot of younger players up front that could keep the Canucks going strong ala the Detroit model.
Flyers want to fix up their D and goaltending, Edler and Luongo pretty much would solve their woes if they can buyout bryz and they miss out on Miller/Smith/Backstrom.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.