Should Gillis Trade Alexander Edler?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Should Gillis Trade Alexander Edler?

Post by Hockey Widow »

A lot of teams need D and Ballard has a reasonable cap hit for a team with cap room and only for two more years. One would think he could be moved.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:A lot of teams need D and Ballard has a reasonable cap hit for a team with cap room and only for two more years. One would think he could be moved.
Well it'll have to be done by July 2nd? As isn't that the last day to put a person on waivers to be bought out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With the Flyers now being stocked at centre it's too bad Edler's NTC has kicked in.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

donlever wrote:May 07, 2013
dbr wrote:...I hadn't heard this about Edler although I know the same was said about Raymond after his back injury.

If that is the case then yeah I think cutting ties would be the way to go..
Admittedly I am going by word of mouth here but a quick Google search brings this up...

According to The Province, Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alexander Edler has been removed from the injured reserve list and cleared for play after spending the past three months rehabilitating from a back injury. It's not all good news, however, as Edler believes the ongoing issue will prevent him returning to 100 percent in the future.

"There haven't been any red lights. I can do everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling it. Sometimes it's sore and stiff, but it was sore and stiff last year and I played 82 games."

It's these honest words which worry and relieve fans at the same time.

For Edler, this clearly means he may play out the remainder of his career in significant discomfort. But as he said, he played 82 games through his injury last season and more importantly, he was among the best defenders in the league with 49 total points.
Yeah should have traded him for Nyquist+ when we had the chance.

I mean check out Nyquist schooling the leaves..he's almost untouchable now.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... 021032-X-h

I'd settle for Tatar+Smith+2nd at the draft now for Eddie.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.