Should Gillis Trade Alexander Edler?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Should Gillis Trade Alexander Edler?

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

SKYO wrote:Speaking of which, most contenders that eventually win it have a few players that have already won it! whyTF doesn't Gillis recognize this?
Nonis didn't realize this either.

He traded Ryan Shannon and his ring fro Lawrence Nycholat!!!

:mrgreen:
2011..... the one that got away.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote:I still recall that the Canucks once had a 6 times SC winner and one of the best captains ever. However, the Canucks missed the playoffs for three straight seasons during his tenure.

The current Canucks might not have a SC ring but most of them did play in the SCF Game 7. I am pretty sure that they know what it takes to win it all.
Well I'm not talking about a has been top tier player who was supposed to be our number 1 center, I'm just talking about a 3rd/4th liner or 5th or 6th dman who has experienced winning the championship, you always hear about that after a Cup victory, how that player helped in the locker room/bench whatever what the feeling is like, how hard it is yada yada, invaluable experience with bringing that aura of winning.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:I don't want a 300 pound Buffy...pass...
I'd still take a chance on him, but I'm biased cuz I luv his game. Perhaps with Buffy having weight issues and his salary being a bit high, he might be available at a lower price tag. Instead of having 1/2 a season, we'd have him for a full season so he has more time to work himself into shape. *LOL*
haha no doubt, and you know Buf would crank it up in the playoffs, had he been on a contending team, he would be ripping it up this post season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
SKYO wrote:Speaking of which, most contenders that eventually win it have a few players that have already won it! whyTF doesn't Gillis recognize this?
Nonis didn't realize this either.

He traded Ryan Shannon and his ring fro Lawrence Nycholat!!!

:mrgreen:
Glad we fired that bum. 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

From what I have been told MG has gone on record, with whom I don't know, as saying he will never trade Edler!
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:From what I have been told MG has gone on record, with whom I don't know, as saying he will never trade Edler!
Sign me up on the anti-Gillis wagon.

Silently hoping this is another smoke and mirror move by Gillis.....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:From what I have been told MG has gone on record, with whom I don't know, as saying he will never trade Edler!
Sign me up on the anti-Gillis wagon.

Silently hoping this is another smoke and mirror move by Gillis.....

No kidding. Be cautious of the leaks, be very cautious! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I don't get this trade Edler crap. These guys don't grow on (Swedish) trees yah know...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Arachnid wrote:I don't get this trade Edler crap. These guys don't grow on (Swedish) trees yah know...
Yeah but don't these guys have parts made from trees, come in pieces and need to be assembled?

I was pretty sure Edler was ordered from a catalogue during the draft, wheeled up to the stage on a dolly to be checked out and had a jersey draped over the box.

It's quite obvious that AV couldn't follow simple fukin' instructions and assembled Edler all wrong! Put him on Craigslist.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hank wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I don't get this trade Edler crap. These guys don't grow on (Swedish) trees yah know...
Yeah but don't these guys have parts made from trees, come in pieces and need to be assembled?

I was pretty sure Edler was ordered from a catalogue during the draft, wheeled up to the stage on a dolly to be checked out and had a jersey draped over the box.

It's quite obvious that AV couldn't follow simple fukin' instructions and assembled Edler all wrong! Put him on Craigslist.
The only part of Edler that is made from a tree is his wooden head.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Mëds wrote:
Hank wrote:

The only part of Edler that is made from a tree is his wooden head.
OH snap!

:o :o
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Is this breaking news? Gillis not wanting to trade Edler? It's not rocket science here. Probably one of the few things I give Gillis thumbs up on. If you are trading Edler you best be upgrading the hole he leaves behind and I am sorry, Keith Ballard is not it. LMAO! You are talking like Yandle, Weber, Subban, Myers, if you are looking for an upgrade. If you are not replacing Edler with that what is the fucking point? Most trade proposals proposed by a lot of folks here in what we should get in return for Edler is a forward or a top pick in this years draft? How the fuck does that deal with the hole by trading Edler has created? That is unless everyone wants an anemic defense like the Oilers, and we have all seen how far that gets you. Defense is King in the new NHL people, I wouldn't call our defense so fucking good and deep that trading Edler and not replacing him is a fucking option here.

Edler ain't going nowhere.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Is this breaking news? Gillis not wanting to trade Edler? It's not rocket science here. Probably one of the few things I give Gillis thumbs up on. If you are trading Edler you best be upgrading the hole he leaves behind and I am sorry, Keith Ballard is not it. LMAO! You are talking like Yandle, Weber, Subban, Myers, if you are looking for an upgrade. If you are not replacing Edler with that what is the fucking point? Most trade proposals proposed by a lot of folks here in what we should get in return for Edler is a forward or a top pick in this years draft? How the fuck does that deal with the hole by trading Edler has created? That is unless everyone wants an anemic defense like the Oilers, and we have all seen how far that gets you. Defense is King in the new NHL people, I wouldn't call our defense so fucking good and deep that trading Edler and not replacing him is a fucking option here.

I want to call you the pRikster but you totally agree with me so I will spare you my venom

Edler stays!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:Is this breaking news? Gillis not wanting to trade Edler? It's not rocket science here. Probably one of the few things I give Gillis thumbs up on. If you are trading Edler you best be upgrading the hole he leaves behind and I am sorry, Keith Ballard is not it. LMAO! You are talking like Yandle, Weber, Subban, Myers, if you are looking for an upgrade. If you are not replacing Edler with that what is the fucking point? Most trade proposals proposed by a lot of folks here in what we should get in return for Edler is a forward or a top pick in this years draft? How the fuck does that deal with the hole by trading Edler has created? That is unless everyone wants an anemic defense like the Oilers, and we have all seen how far that gets you. Defense is King in the new NHL people, I wouldn't call our defense so fucking good and deep that trading Edler and not replacing him is a fucking option here.

I agree with you RD (see, it does happen). I just don't see any GM making a trade for Edler that would return enough value to replace what we lose in him. Trading him to fill a hole only creates another hole. And, I really do expect Edler to be going into his price the next couple of years. Hate to loase that right now. (MG agrees with me, as that is why he got the $5mil extension)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

I would look at trading him if it returned a young top 6 center and a bottom pair defenceman. Move tanev up to a top 4 role with Hamhuis,Bieksa,Garrison.

Philly would be a good fit as they have a couple of young centers but they just picked up Streit so...

Im doubtfull Gillis would do that to a guy weeks away from his no trade kicking in though.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion