Roster Questions

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If an overhaul of this team is needed, which of the following players who should MG shop around...

Hank and Danny
7%
Edler
25%
Booth
26%
Higgins
5%
Bieksa
9%
Ballard
26%
Hamhuis
1%
None of the above
1%

Total votes: 173

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Roster Questions

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: The Sedins game is fading. They will be 33 at the start of next season.
Hmmm Datsyuk signed a 3 year contract extension today, he'll be 36 when it kicks in.

$7.5mil per.

But yeah, stick a fork in the twins. :roll:
Datsyuk is a better player than the twins, come on Doc. The Sedins can't hack the new game.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: You gotta admit that Datsyuk is performing far better than most players at 36. He is a truly exceptional player whose two-way game makes him one of the best players in the world, STILL.

But I don't like that contract if I'm a Wings fan. 2 years at 14 million sounds about right. Father time will catch up and probably soon.
Point is it's a tad early to worry about the Sedins.

They've got a Cup in them if they're given some protection.

And they won't be demanding Datsyuk money.

We've got a coupla years to build a new number one line, Sedins + ASSHOLE becoming the 2nd line.

It's all good.

Contenders forever.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:It's all good.

Contenders forever.
*high-fives Strangelove while shitting own pants*
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Rumsfeld wrote:I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
In a world where Gonchar, Streit and Wideman (last year) get over $5 mil a year you have to think you can get some pucks for him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
All they need is assholes.

Lots and lots of assholes.

Surround the Sedins with assholes and they'd be a lot more comfortable.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:I wonder if there is ANY trade market for Ballard. Like at all.
I believe so.

There's gonna be a shortage of top 4 dee available this summer.

I'd say he goes for a 7th round pick as a reclamation project and everybody's happy. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote: All they need is assholes.

Hammond Aigs just got wood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:For me Doc, the Sedins and the playoffs don't mix. The playoffs is too tight checking, north/south, straight ahead, grind through checks after checks and get the puck to the the net and collapse. The Sedins are too perimeter for how the game is played in the playoffs now.
All they need is assholes.

Surround the Sedins with assholes and they'd be a lot more comfortable.
Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

RoyalDude wrote:Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
Put him on the first line and keep him there until for at least two months.
2011..... the one that got away.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Well, I think this is a huge season for Kassian. It's pretty much put up time for Zack. No more wasted shifts, wasted games. He's got enough experience under his belt now. We need him. If he doesn't show up game in game out, then he is on his way to being the next Dustin Penner, Jim Sandlak type. Never quite getting there. All the tools no tool box.
Agreed that we need Kassian to have a breakout season.

He's only 22 though so it might be a tad early.

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

.... you NEED those other two top 6 guys to be assholes!

And of course, as we both know, our dee needs to become more assholish.

Gillis has TRIED to make this team more assholish... and failed.

This summer may very well be his last chance.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:

What we REALLY need is to bring in some more assholes through trades or as UFAs.

When you have two weenies in your top 6 (Sedins) and two agitators in your top 6 (Kess + Burr)

Well, I dearly would love Clarkson but he apparently wants to go back home to Ontario to the leaves. Simmonds would be nice as he is tough as nails but no way Philly is trading him. There just isn't a lot of those types of players out there. And with the way the Bruins are setting the tone of the game now, those types of players are going to be real hard to come by.

The bottom line is, I don't want no Parros, Hordichuk type playing 2 minutes a game on the fourth line only to partake in staged fights with the other teams goon. A complete waste of time and not what we need. We need more big bodies who can crash and bang, skate like the wind, and come with skill. They don't necessarily have to fight and be undisciplined lunatics out there taxing your PK unit all game like slow as a moose Ryan Clowe.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:

Zack has enough time on his resume now, it's time for him make a statement now, instead of being an audience member, floating around with late hits, long after the play, that mean nothing. He needs to set the tone, work on his anticipation, get his head into it, instead of his usual react to the play which makes him always behind the play.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'm like you Doc, I get the feeling that Luongo is going to the Panthers. It won't be earth shattering what we get back, but that is where he is going, IMO. Maybe, just Maybe, the Panthers drafting centre McKinnon in which they'd be crazy not to if Colorado pics Jones in which I think they should. Maybe it makes young centres like Bjugstad or Shore expendable??? How about this,

Luongo
Edler
Schroeder

Bjugstad
Gudbranson