Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by Per »

Boston Canucker wrote:
tantalum wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:It's interesting watching the Caps-Rangers series, for the US media loves Lundquvist, but what they're always afraid to point out is he never raises his game in the playoffs. I see previews saying he can steal a series, but he never has. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back after a weak Game 1.
Quite true. Never shown a series stealing ability. Even Luongo while obviously having some playoff struggles has shown a consistent ability to steal games throughout his playoff career.
Yes, last summer I had a Ranger fan mock Luongo, to which I responded that he's done better, gone farther, in the playoffs than King Henrik. It was like I'd just blasphemed, the guy was apoplectic, could not believe anyone would dare critique the King, especially to Luongo.
Both of them great goalies; both having backstopped their national teams to Olympic gold.
I wouldn't be surprised to see both of them eventually winning the cup.
Luongo hopefully this season already.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Boston Canucker wrote:
tantalum wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:It's interesting watching the Caps-Rangers series, for the US media loves Lundquvist, but what they're always afraid to point out is he never raises his game in the playoffs. I see previews saying he can steal a series, but he never has. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back after a weak Game 1.
Quite true. Never shown a series stealing ability. Even Luongo while obviously having some playoff struggles has shown a consistent ability to steal games throughout his playoff career.
Yes, last summer I had a Ranger fan mock Luongo, to which I responded that he's done better, gone farther, in the playoffs than King Henrik. It was like I'd just blasphemed, the guy was apoplectic, could not believe anyone would dare critique the King, especially to Luongo.
Sounds fun !
did you say it again just watch him flip all over again when he calmed down?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Boston Canucker wrote:
tantalum wrote:
:lol: Yeah, I'm starting to think the same of Price. Good regular, choker in the post-season...maybe I will get double fun this summer when I meet a Habs & a Laugh fan on the patio and taunt them both about their clutchless goalies...hey, a guy can dream can't he?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

And we complain about the journalism in our city.
2011..... the one that got away.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Price choked the entire regular season this time around and a good chunk of the one before that. Perhaps to his hometown is in Luongo's future.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
And we complain about the journalism in our city.

lol, awesome, what does one expect from Toronto's little brother?
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I thought it was a clean hit. I think the ref did too which is why he got the infamous interference penalty. Like oh shit another great, clean, open ice and hit but da guy is bleeding and oh shit I gotta call something so like ok interference it is. Worked before, once in the finals a few years back.

I think it was a good hockey hit with a bad result.
The only HW the Canucks need
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote:I thought it was a clean hit. I think the ref did too which is why he got the infamous interference penalty. Like oh shit another great, clean, open ice and hit but da guy is bleeding and oh shit I gotta call something so like ok interference it is. Worked before, once in the finals a few years back.

I think it was a good hockey hit with a bad result.
I see you've come up for air finally.

But yeah, the last thing you said.

edit; Gryba gets two games

Brown doesn't even get a hearing:

2011..... the one that got away.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Pausered from TSN:
Canadiens forward Brandon Prust offered up his view on the comments made by Senators coach Paul MacLean blaming Eric Gryba's hit on the pass made by Raphael Diaz. "We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say," Prust told the media.
:lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote: Brown doesn't even get a hearing:
Well Eddy you country bumpkin you.

Clearly head hunting is perfectly fine as long as you don't make contact.

And knee on knee.

Hell that's just hockey!
DeLevering since 1999.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It was hilarious listening to the CBC twats rave on about how clean a player Dustin Brown is. "He plays on the line but doesn't cross it."

:lol: Imagine if a Canuck was pulling that kind of shit every night.

Jesus, still can't believe they gave Rome four games in the SCF...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

goo goo g'joob!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It was interesting that the replay they showed the most was the one where it looked like the principle point of contact was the head. The reverse angle to me shows he got him in the chest first and then the shoulder hit the head. I still say clean hit.

Ference gets one game for a Brown type elbow. Why not at least 2 like Brown got.

Again no consistency from the league.

Hope Eller is Ok though. He has a nasty injury.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: I still say clean hit.
Agreed
Hockey Widow wrote: Again no consistency from the league.
Agreed
____
Try to focus on someday.