Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Come on Tant, there has to be a 2nd or 3rd round pic to give away on a reclamation project.
I hear there's a power forward and a fleet footed defenseman each fitting that description that might become available..
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Anyone catch the Torres / Stoll incident last night?

Torres has been called into an in-person disciplinary hearing. That means he has the potential to be suspended for 5+ games. This blows my mind. Apparently Stoll's mind was also blown by the hit, which is probably why Shanny wants his pound of flesh.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Can't believe he is getting a hearing for that.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Big hit + Injury to player on league-favourite team + usual suspect/perpetrator = suspension for the playoffs.

Raffi, I think your career just whizzed past your eyes there.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

also the canucks do not need another league despised player...got enough thank you very much..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Is it wrong to cheer for Detroit? Those smug ass Blockcocks...I forgot how much I hate them...
Last edited by Arachnid on Thu May 16, 2013 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:Is it wrong to cheer for Detroit? Those smog ass Blockcocks...I forgot how much I hate them...
Just hope the hawks loose .....simple :idea:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Is it wrong to cheer for Detroit? Those smog ass Blockcocks...I forgot how much I hate them...
Just hope the hawks loose .....simple :idea:
So Ratskinski ain't it grand being able to just let the hate loose this post season? First the flames fail toveven make it, then the leaves epic collapse, now we get to activity hate the bruins, rangers, blahcocks, sharks and kings all at once! It hate run wild !

If the Canucks were still in it now we'll all be do focused on them we'ld have no time for anything else ....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Just hope the hawks loose .....simple :idea:
as in cut them loose? Or more loose than Crusties wizard sleeve?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Is that hit that bad ?? Stoll is culpable for craning his neck out and putting his own dome on a platter. Everyone in the league knows Torres is like a heat seeking missile out there, keep your head up and keep it on a swivel. I have zero sympathy for Stoll here. If that is a suspension, Dustin Brown's charge on H Sedin in last years playoffs is a suspension. Knowing the wizards that run the NHL he'll get punted for the year. The NHL may be more bush league than the CFL.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mother fucker!... and I used to like that bastard :(

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Is that hit that bad ?? Stoll is culpable for craning his neck out and putting his own dome on a platter. Everyone in the league knows Torres is like a heat seeking missile out there, keep your head up and keep it on a swivel. I have zero sympathy for Stoll here. If that is a suspension, Dustin Brown's charge on H Sedin in last years playoffs is a suspension. Knowing the wizards that run the NHL he'll get punted for the year. The NHL may be more bush league than the CFL.
Stoll is twice the player he was in Coiler-town. They will seriously miss him if he's out for any length of time I'd say.

I didn't see this game but what happened? Is it a legit injury or one of those phony "lay down til he's given the 5" type of things?
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Is that hit that bad ?? Stoll is culpable for craning his neck out and putting his own dome on a platter. Everyone in the league knows Torres is like a heat seeking missile out there, keep your head up and keep it on a swivel. I have zero sympathy for Stoll here. If that is a suspension, Dustin Brown's charge on H Sedin in last years playoffs is a suspension. Knowing the wizards that run the NHL he'll get punted for the year. The NHL may be more bush league than the CFL.
Stoll is twice the player he was in Coiler-town. They will seriously miss him if he's out for any length of time I'd say.

I didn't see this game but what happened? Is it a legit injury or one of those phony "lay down til he's given the 5" type of things?

its here...
posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=170638
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

San Jose Sharks forward Raffi Torres has been suspended for the remainder of the second round
It's like the NHL forgot he no longer plays for Vancouver. For what it's worth, Stoll is apparently not playing anytime soon either (at least that's what the Kings are saying).

Shanny should be a lawyer with his explanation on this one:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... id=nhl-twt

It feels like I'm watching Kevin Costner explain the JFK assassination. "Back and to the left."
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.