Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by tantalum »

Hey look RD with a drive by posting....

Nowhere to be found for games 1, 3 and 4 when Reimer let in 4 and wasn't good. Funny that.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

tantalum wrote:Hey look RD with a drive by posting....

Nowhere to be found for games 1, 3 and 4 when Reimer let in 4 and wasn't good. Funny that.
Not really.... :oops:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just passing through the neighborhood again, Tant

Reimer did something last night that neither one of our elite goaltenders did in the 4 losses to the San Jose Sharks...he stole a game. ISN'T PAID TO, like our two goalies are, BUT HE STOLE A GAME nonetheless
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:

Just passing through the neighborhood again, Tant

Reimer did something last night that neither one of our elite goaltenders did in the 4 losses to the San Jose Sharks...he stole a game. ISN'T PAID TO, like our two goalies are, BUT HE STOLE A GAME nonetheless

Actually if it wasn't for Reimers poor play in a couple of those games, The Laughs would be through to the next round.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The Austrian Rocket Grabner scores to take the lead!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote: I'm beginning to think our 2010/11 season was an anomaly and as many have said, a career year for many of our players. The Sedins have plateaued and have proven that they do NOT and will never have the ability to kick it up a notch, Kesler's injuries have pretty much made him a shadow of his former self, Edler's lost in the forest looking for a way out and the jury is still out on Schneider.

We are so far away from being a SC contender it ain't even funny.

*big sigh*

:(
It was not an anomaly, as proven by the 2011/12 president's trophy. The Canucks had the best skilled team in the NHL for two years running. Unfortunately, with the refs conveniently forgetting the rules of hockey during the playoffs, skill doesn't seem to be enough to win the cup. The league had declared they were cracking down, that hockey should be cleaner, etc, but apparently they only meant during the regular season.

Gillis now has to rebuild the team to fit not just the official rules, but the unofficial ones used during the playoff.
As mentioned by Spock, Doc and the rest of the flock, that probably will have to include an increase in assholiness.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:The Austrian Rocket Grabner scores to take the lead!
Brilliant game by Grabner, he almost won it on OT.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

RoyalDude wrote:

i think we did well on the Grabner deal...we gave up a roster player and a first round pick for a guy who gets 4+ million to sit on the bench as a healthy scratch...great deal for us gillis...i pray that players agent mike gillis gets canned very soon...so we can get a GM who knows hockey...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

i think we did well on the Grabner deal...we gave up a roster player and a first round pick for a guy who gets 4+ million to sit on the bench as a healthy scratch...great deal for us gillis...i pray that players agent mike gillis gets canned very soon...so we can get a GM who knows hockey...
Fantastic post!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Or we gave up a waiver-wire player and a first-round pick that has yet to score an NHL point for a mobile d-man that got bumped due to free-agency and was never trusted by the coach?

It's probably somewhere in the middle. :lol:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

don't forget the hands of stone salary dump we also sent away
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Topper wrote:don't forget the hands of stone salary dump we also sent away

how can we ever forget Steve"Stone Hands" Bernier...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It's a 7 game series now!

Another outstanding game by Reimer.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:It's a 7 game series now!

Another outstanding game by Reimer.
Go rangahs!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

As much as we ragged on some of our guys for being playoff no-shows.....Getzlaf, Ryan, and Perry, have been completely invisible outside of one rush by Perry tonight in game 7.

Howard has looked shaky on plenty of shots. But it's 3-1 Detroit.