Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Round 1 Discussion (non Canucks)

Post by Strangelove »

paddy wrote:
darren wrote: Well, well. The much-hated Toronto Maple leaves win a playoff game, in Boston, and score a whopping four goals to boot! Since I am fortunately missing the gene all British Columbians seem to be born with which compels them to dedicate their lives to hating everything from Toronto, I have absolutely no problem cheering for them against Boston. I think it's a pretty safe bet they'll be playing longer than Vancouver this year.
I 2nd that notion and could not agree more...
Paddy, Derwood, kinda drop dead would ya. :thumbs:

Thanks in advance....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Cornuck wrote:In other NON-CANUCK playoff news, there's what could be a great finish in Long Island going on via NBC.
Isles are outplaying the Pens. Gillis and Tallon can't enjoy watching Grabner fly around the ice. Tavares is a beast. I doubt the Isles actually win this series, but they're young, having fun, have zero pressure on them, and are giving the Pens all they can handle.
Grabner looked good out there
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

"Player 61" *LOL* Wish our series was entertaining like this one.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

That Montreal/Ottawa series is really heating up.

Therrien is an ass hat for calling out MacLean like that over the timeout.

Price needs to get his shit together or he's going to be just another starting goaltender that the Habs fans ran out of town.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ATTEN: All born again closet Laugh fans....you're team just shit the bed (again).

There is still time to rejoin the Canuck Bandwagon™ :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:ATTEN: All born again closet Laugh fans....you're team just shit the bed (again).

There is still time to rejoin the Canuck Bandwagon™ :D
Just a heads up for ya Arach....

Vancouver went 0-3 in Boston in 2011.

Toronto has already bettered that record this year. ;)

The leaves will fail and be golfing soon.....but not before the Canucks methinks.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:That Montreal/Ottawa series is really heating up.

Price needs to get his shit together or he's going to be just another starting goaltender that the Habs fans ran out of town.
Are you saying the time out wasn't meant as fuck you to the Habs?
Cause it most definitely was a big fuck you to the whole be church and its gonna cost McLean you watch.

Don't light a fire under the other bench whatever you do.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Man the Blues/Kings series is what playoff hockey is all about, speed, hits and talent....just awesome...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:

Cause it most definitely was a big fuck you to the whole be church and its gonna cost McLean you watch.

Did you listen to MacLean's explanation for the timeout?

Did you see the way they lined up for the faceoff after the timeout?

The Canadiens had gotten really chippy, they'd gotten blown out of the rink on the scoreboard and were trying to send a message with their fists. MacLean already has a shortened bench because of the penalties assessed to both teams, he doesn't want his team engaging in anything stupid in the last minute. He calls a timeout and drills that home and then sets up with 3 men across the blueline and just 2 up for the faceoff.

It may have come across as a fuck you to the Habs, but I don't think that was its primary intent. Nobody but MacLean will ever know though.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

The Canadiens had gotten really chippy, they'd gotten blown out of the rink on the scoreboard and were trying to send a message with their fists. MacLean already has a shortened bench because of the penalties assessed to both teams, he doesn't want his team engaging in anything stupid in the last minute. He calls a timeout and drills that home and then sets up with 3 men across the blueline and just 2 up for the faceoff.

It may have come across as a fuck you to the Habs, but I don't think that was its primary intent. Nobody but MacLean will ever know though.
I'm sorry what were the circumstances again? 6-1 dying minutes of a penalty filled debacle (236 minutes PiMs) and Maclown wants a time out with a powerplay to remind his boys from doing something stupid???
You're buying that? I doubt you'ld be be so understanding if it was you on the opposite bench.

The guy's a jackass and he's giving the Habs plenty of fuel. watch that be the turning point in the series.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ukcanuck wrote: The guy's a jackass and he's giving the Habs plenty of fuel. watch that be the turning point in the series.
They didn't seem to fired up about losing Eller and the walrus referring to Diaz and #61.

Respect has to be earned.

Subban pummeling Turris while he's lying on the ice isn't exactly respectful. Not to mention the hack that led to the line brawl by White. Oh and then the slapshot dump in at the end of the game right at Turris.

Who the fuck cares what the Habs think. Ottawa owns them right now and MacLean has the Canadiens thinking about everything but hockey.

You want to know how to save your pride, don't lose 6-1 and get beaten in the trenches at the same time. Montreal can whine, bitch and moan about all things Sens but the have no one to blame but themselves.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Boston Canucker wrote:Gillis and Tallon can't enjoy watching Grabner fly around the ice.
Definitely rooting for the Islanders. If the decision Gillis made was really Raymond or Grabner, he made the wrong call.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: The guy's a jackass and he's giving the Habs plenty of fuel. watch that be the turning point in the series.
They didn't seem to fired up about losing Eller and the walrus referring to Diaz and #61.

Respect has to be earned.

Subban pummeling Turris while he's lying on the ice isn't exactly respectful. Not to mention the hack that led to the line brawl by White. Oh and then the slapshot dump in at the end of the game right at Turris.

Who the fuck cares what the Habs think. Ottawa owns them right now and MacLean has the Canadiens thinking about everything but hockey.

You want to know how to save your pride, don't lose 6-1 and get beaten in the trenches at the same time. Montreal can whine, bitch and moan about all things Sens but the have no one to blame but themselves.
Good points all and I'm no Hab fan, however, the coach is the one guy you don't want undermining all the good things the sens have done...I haven't paid much attention to the Sens or McLean or the Habs for that matter but that episode reminds me of Bertuzzi telling Minnesota fans not to bother with buying tickets for game six...

Sometimes you just can't get out of the building fast enough

Take the win and run...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The 8th seed Islanders scored as many goals tonight as we have in our playoffs so far.... :shock:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Are you saying the time out wasn't meant as fuck you to the Habs?

I'm sorry what were the circumstances again? 6-1 dying minutes of a penalty filled debacle (236 minutes PiMs) and Maclown wants a time out with a powerplay to remind his boys from doing something stupid???
You're buying that? I doubt you'ld be be so understanding if it was you on the opposite bench.

The guy's a jackass and he's giving the Habs plenty of fuel. watch that be the turning point in the series.
Yep. Just watch.