Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this year

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this yea

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote:Ummmm WHAT PART OF "Your Vancouver Canucks will win the Stanley Cup this year"

... did you NOT understand... Todd?

So u think 100% Cup win for the Nucks? I hope you're right man, but I'll stick with with my 6.25%. Free tip for ya, don't bet your house on your prediction.

U know what? Let's have a lil fun and make a small wager. $50. If the Nucks win the Stanley Cup, I will donate $50 to CanucksCorner or Canucks Place or the chairity of your choice on your behalf. If the Canucks do not win the cup, u have to donate $50 to CanucksCorner on my behalf. What do u say tuff guy? :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: If the Nucks win the Stanley Cup, I will donate $50 to CanucksCorner or Canucks Place or the chairity of your choice on your behalf. If the Canucks do not win the cup, u have to donate $50 to CanucksCorner on my behalf. What do u say tuff guy? :P
So you're already betting against the Canucks on a Canucks site before the puck is dropped? Nice work.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Just hoping .. but it might happen..
this..:
canucks come through and take the West.. Got faith in this one !
fIng leaves sneak by and win the East.. ( unlikely but it could happen? )
Canucks Sweep leaves to win the Stanley :) ( don cherry loses it on national tv )

No bets :) but thats been my dream for a long long time ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The title of this thread makes me laugh.

.....and question if Doc even watched this team play at all this year.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

We are fans of the team in the title Mëds. Not the panthers or the avalanche where the title would be funny.

An attempt to pump it up around here is a good thing, be carefull or you may become Debbie downer....
Just sayin.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Lots of Debbie Downer's in this city and province rats...that's just the nature of this place, I guess. Statistically speaking no team is likely to win the cup any given year, yet every year one does.

I watch sports because it's fun and entertaining, not so I can wring my hands at every ebb and flow throughout the season.

Now's not the time to worry about big picture things like "is this team the perfect, most well rounded group in the NHL?" The coach sucks, the GM is ugly, Luongo has the yips, the Sedins are soft, Kesler is injury prone, etc, etc.

Me, I think this team is capable of beating any team in the league 4 times out of 7.

Have a few beers with some buds tonight and enjoy the ride. San Jose can lick my sack, and I'm pumped at the prospect of another Cup run.

I agree with Doc, we'll win it this year!

Go Canucks Go! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:Lots of Debbie Downer's in this city and province rats...that's just the nature of this place, I guess. Statistically speaking no team is likely to win the cup any given year, yet every year one does.

I watch sports because it's fun and entertaining, not so I can wring my hands at every ebb and flow throughout the season.

Now's not the time to worry about big picture things like "is this team the perfect, most well rounded group in the NHL?" The coach sucks, the GM is ugly, Luongo has the yips, the Sedins are soft, Kesler is injury prone, etc, etc.

Me, I think this team is capable of beating any team in the league 4 times out of 7.

Have a few beers with some buds tonight and enjoy the ride. San Jose can lick my sack, and I'm pumped at the prospect of another Cup run.

I agree with Doc, we'll win it this year!

Go Canucks Go! :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Well said, Herb! :rockin: Go Canucks Go!! :towel:
rockjetty
CC Rookie

Post by rockjetty »

I may not agree with Doc on most things, but this one I am 100% with him. Playoffs call for full support of the team & it ain't over until it's over...

Doc doesn't have an actual medical degree, but subscribes to the Power of Positive Thinking philosophy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Vincent_Peale). Think of it as homeopathy for the team :lol: :P ;)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

No game day yet so i'll just say here that tonight to start this auspicious 2013 campaign I'm looking for our man Kassian to grab Raffi Torres for a dental exam first chance he gets,
followed immediately by a tune up of Burns in the blue paint at the first whistle.

I feel that this would be a very good start to the festivities...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:No game day yet so i'll just say here that tonight to start this auspicious 2013 campaign I'm looking for our man Kassian to grab Raffi Torres for a dental exam first chance he gets,
followed immediately by a tune up of Burns in the blue paint at the first whistle.

i say old chap...rightfully so...hear hear!!
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

No more easing into the playoffs.

No more wondering why jealous fans & their media don't like us.

Embrace the hate.

It's time to take names & kick ass.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:No game day yet so i'll just say here that tonight to start this auspicious 2013 campaign I'm looking for our man Kassian to grab Raffi Torres for a dental exam first chance he gets,

i say old chap...rightfully so...hear hear!!
Will somebody start a gameday thread already! :evil:

:D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I say they win it all, then they drop the mike and walk off stage, right to the room to party...leaving Bettman standing there with the Cup, creepy grin on his face!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Positive thread!

It has crossed my mind on more than one occasion that the Canucks may not win a championship in my lifetime. I guess that's OK, but I'd really like to see them win.

So why not this year? Why not this team?

As has been said, "Great moments are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here tonight, boys.

This is your time!!

Now go out there and take it!"

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

And the strangest ending will be Luongo hoisting the Cup high for the first lap around the rink!

Go Canucks Go!