Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by SKYO »

Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
herb wrote:Where is the scoring? This team is largely the same as 2010 and 2011
We are 2 and 9 in our last 11 playoff games and just a measly 13 goals for in those 11 games. This problem isn't new, something Gillis refuses to address.
I know right!

He should have given Vigneault the axe after the LA series.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote:Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.
Second that. The only thing wrong with that line is that if it's successful, then we may end up keeping Raymond next year ;)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote:
SKYO wrote:Well I'm happy AV is coming around and putting Roy with Higgins and Kesler, now all he needs to do is put in Schroeder so he can be with Ray and Hansen, that line was awesome.
Second that. The only thing wrong with that line is that if it's successful, then we may end up keeping Raymond next year
lol luckily Canucks cap can't afford it.

Brendan Gaunce called up just for insurance? or will he get some 3rd/4th line center minutes?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Until last night I was in the camp that said split Kesler and Roy and have three good lines rolling. Well, that didn't happen and it is clear we need the scoring threat Kesler and Roy combined can bring. Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

Ya get JS back in if he is healthy. Enough of Ebbett.

No way we get to use injuries or illness this year. Hog shit I say just hog shit.

I'd say game two is our first real must win this season.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Hockey Widow wrote:Until last night I was in the camp that said split Kesler and Roy and have three good lines rolling. Well, that didn't happen and it is clear we need the scoring threat Kesler and Roy combined can bring. Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

No way we get to use injuries or illness this year. Hog shit I say just hog shit.

I'd say game two is our first real must win this season.
Just replace Ebbett with Pinizzotto or Sestito, at the very least, they can hit. Ebbett does not bring enough offense to take up one of the 4th line spots.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:Call me stupid but didn't Raymond JS and Hansen form a decent line this year? Isn't that when Raymond was playing his best and often looked dangerous?

You're not stupid.

AV on the other hand...

"New look" lines today were:
Dank-Hank-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Ebbett-Kassian

I hope it works, but I don't get it. Lineup decisions have been odd for years now, so I'm not surprised, but I just don't get it.

We have had bad centre depth all year. Sharks are very deep at centre, so let's put two centres on one line?? Kesler is a Selke trophy winning centre and the straw that stirs our proverbial drink...so we'll move him to wing where he has barely played? Sedins and Burrows haven't worked all year, so yeah, let's keep that line together. Kassian was one of our most effective players in Game 1, give him less minutes. Ebbett has been useless all year, so keep playing him. Lapierre hasn't been effective in a third line role in nearly two years...so we'll keep trying.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Well, we're good and hooped if we lose tomorrow. Sharks are the best home team in the league.

Will the Sedins be playing tomorrow? I didn't notice them last night. Then again I was blackout drunk by the third period.

Kesler may have been the one with diarhhea but the twins were the shittiest players on the ice.

Oh well it's just a hockey game, right guys?

Right? :?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I just came up with an awesome and revolutionary strategy for the twins tomorrow night. It consists of actually SHOOTING the fucking puck!

I know it sounds crazy and it's way outside the box, but I say they give it a try.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:I just came up with an awesome and revolutionary strategy for the twins tomorrow night. It consists of actually SHOOTING the fucking puck!

I know it sounds crazy and it's way outside the box, but I say they give it a try.
Right Rummy, let's get em to drop the gloves while we're at it. :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:
You're not stupid.

AV on the other hand...

"New look" lines today were:
Dank-Hank-Burrows
Higgins-Roy-Kesler
Raymond-Lapierre-Hansen
Weise-Ebbett-Kassian

I hope it works, but I don't get it. Lineup decisions have been odd for years now, so I'm not surprised, but I just don't get it.

We have had bad centre depth all year. Sharks are very deep at centre, so let's put two centres on one line?? Kesler is a Selke trophy winning centre and the straw that stirs our proverbial drink...so we'll move him to wing where he has barely played? Sedins and Burrows haven't worked all year, so yeah, let's keep that line together. Kassian was one of our most effective players in Game 1, give him less minutes. Ebbett has been useless all year, so keep playing him. Lapierre hasn't been effective in a third line role in nearly two years...so we'll keep trying.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Maddening ain't it?

If I didn't know for a fact Canucks are going to win the Cup, twould drive me mad as well.

Ahhhh sanity, sweet sweet sanity.....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:I just came up with an awesome and revolutionary strategy for the twins tomorrow night. It consists of actually SHOOTING the fucking puck!

I know, I know.

I'm starting to wonder if that hillbilly headshot Daniel took last season fucked him up permanently. It wouldn't be the first time a great player is ruined by a concussion.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

This team only really seems to get up for games versus rivals. After the Boston game last season the team acted like it had redeemed itself for losing game 7 in the finals and all was well in the world and it proceeded to coast the rest of the season. Kesler this past week admitted as much that the boys were looking past the Kings in round 1 last year like they've been there done that and won 6 cups or something.

The arrogance of this team drives me nuts and its getting in the way of their success. They say all the time when they're playing bottom feeders "oh yeah all teams in this league can win any night blah blah blah." If that is the case why would you look past a team that was on fire for the entire 2nd half of last season.

I remember how much I loved the attitude in their interviews during the '10-'11 season. It was all about the process and doing the little things right and taking it one game at a time and you truly felt like they could win every game. This team just hasn't grown since the finals run and their sheer arrogance tells them that they simply deserve a free ride to the finals.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

The team did come out the right way. Just that they have a tendency of losing their intensity and start playing sloppy. The reality is that the team just isn't clicking as a 5 man unit out there.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

I know, I know.

I'm starting to wonder if that hillbilly headshot Daniel took last season fucked him up permanently. It wouldn't be the first time a great player is ruined by a concussion.
I don't think it's the concussion that's the problem, but the Twins just don't have the killer instinct anymore. They just seem too content to cycle on the boards like they used to instead of darting into the slot and unleashing. Daniel has a good, accurate shot but it's like he's lost confidence in it.

I don't know if the opposing teams have found out a way to defend against them and they're shying away or what, but they've seemed to have lost confidence in their game. Either somebody needs to sit them through a marathon of their plays of the 2010-2011 season, they need to just get back to basics and shoot it - even if it's for a greasy rebound or goalmouth scramble goal. Either that or feed the point and jam the crease when the shot comes in.

The problem is, does Vigneault have the nuts to put them to the wall and coach them instead of deferring to them? :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.