Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by 2Fingers »

Maybe it is age but I just don't seem to care anymore, sure I have my 5 minutes of being pissed off but I have come to accept this current version of the hockey team with AV as coach will never win the cup. Too many pretty boys who can skate but still not enough grit (with some talent) to play on the top 2 lines.

I know, just for shits and giggle how about splitting up the twins for a period, see what thay gets you. Could not be any worse than what we saw last game.

On the things keeping me going and interested is hoping that going out in 5 or 6 games will finally force the owners to do something drastic and make MG trade some of the core players. I really don't care how good someone is if they don't bring it come playoffs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote:Maybe it is age but I just don't seem to care anymore, sure I have my 5 minutes of being pissed off but I have come to accept this current version of the hockey team with AV as coach will never win the cup. Too many pretty boys who can skate but still not enough grit (with some talent) to play on the top 2 lines.
Yeah after living through 94'/11' game 7 cup final losses and surviving, getting knocked out in the playoffs isn't so bad, then I look forward to the draft & july 1st right away lol.

But agreed, MG never really put his stamp on this team yet, he has mostly kept the core intact since his arrival, granted they are awesome players, but this team looks to be a smidgen stagnant, they need a bit of change somehow. (change of coach is the easy/quick fix)

Nice to see Roy still playing really well with his stick handling skills, creating dangerous scoring chances, it's a shame the cap is going down next season as we could really use him for our second line!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove wrote:Maddening ain't it?

If I didn't know for a fact Canucks are going to win the Cup, twould drive me mad as well.

Ahhhh sanity, sweet sweet sanity.....
Yessir...shore is.

I love the idea of splitting up the twins from time to time. Would give our top two lines a totally different look. Interesting that Vigneault isn't afraid to mix and match anywhere else in the lineup, but never splits up the twins and rarely takes Burrows off their line for more than a few shifts.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Benjo wrote:This team only really seems to get up for games versus rivals. After the Boston game last season the team acted like it had redeemed itself for losing game 7 in the finals and all was well in the world and it proceeded to coast the rest of the season. Kesler this past week admitted as much that the boys were looking past the Kings in round 1 last year like they've been there done that and won 6 cups or something.

The arrogance of this team drives me nuts and its getting in the way of their success. They say all the time when they're playing bottom feeders "oh yeah all teams in this league can win any night blah blah blah." If that is the case why would you look past a team that was on fire for the entire 2nd half of last season.

I remember how much I loved the attitude in their interviews during the '10-'11 season. It was all about the process and doing the little things right and taking it one game at a time and you truly felt like they could win every game. This team just hasn't grown since the finals run and their sheer arrogance tells them that they simply deserve a free ride to the finals.

I don't think the team is arrogant. They're probably well aware that they're past it and other teams have gained on them but there is little that they can do when management hasn't added the pieces needed to build on what they have left. So they're likely as frustrated as we are but unable to say anything. They have to toe the party line and keep saying "we have the group to do it" even when they doubt they have. Acquisitions have been a bust or injured and young guys coming in are desperation moves. Gillis has been in a few years now and, as mentioned, we haven't seen his mark on the team. It was the core from previous management that matured and got to within a game of the Cup. Now we might have to wait another shitload of years to see whether Gillis can do more than pretty up the players lounge and bring in sleep doctors. We need the next generation of strong players and I don't see them anywhere yet.

There, now I've thoroughly depressed myself.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Rumsfeld wrote: I'm starting to wonder if that hillbilly headshot Daniel took last season fucked him up permanently. It wouldn't be the first time a great player is ruined by a concussion.
Permanently?

Who knows?

But concussion related issues can easily take a year or two to subside as I'm sure you are aware.

That Daniel is still not the same person, let alone player, is not an unreasonable assumption.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: I'm starting to wonder if that hillbilly headshot Daniel took last season fucked him up permanently. It wouldn't be the first time a great player is ruined by a concussion.
Permanently?

Who knows?

But concussion related issues can easily take a year or two to subside as I'm sure you are aware.

That Daniel is still not the same person, let alone player, is not an unreasonable assumption.
Go away, not round 2 yet, you'll jinx it :P

Interesting theory but it doesn't explain why Henrik is equally as shyte...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..like I say, I wouldn't know, haven't watched this year at all.

(shrug)

As long as the leaves lose I'm relatively happy.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote: As long as the leaves lose I'm relatively happy.
:thumbs:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Well don't read through the forum, you'll have a coronary and wind up in the hospital for 34 days.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Well don't read through the forum, you'll have a coronary and wind up in the hospital for 34 days.
Yeah it's like the walking dead and everyone has come back as a leaf fan ...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Not everyone....shud get a list going though. Just for accounting purposes :idea:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

A list and a claw hammer....not bad
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Arachnid wrote:
donlever wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Interesting theory but it doesn't explain why Henrik is equally as shyte...
Three simple words...........we are Borg.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aaronp18 wrote:

..a coronary?

Moi?

Not fricking likely.

Just had the annual physical.

Golden Ponyboy.

Waiting to hear if AV wants me to suit up in lieu of this Hobbit like Ebbet character I keep hearing of.

The offers in...
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Waiting to hear if AV wants me to suit up in lieu of this Hobbit like Ebbet character I keep hearing of.

The offers in...
I heard they were going to offer you a PTO but you haven't been watching so you don't know AV's system.

Plus the whole boost to the average age of the team thing!

:sly: