Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by herb »

Frustrating that we could have, should have, won games one and two. Canucks were the better team in both games.

Things would be a lot different if we had.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Heard on the radio that Bieksa may be injured.

Let the excuses begin again.

Frack is this team ever lame.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reefer2 wrote:Heard on the radio that Bieksa may be injured.

Let the excuses begin again.

Frack is this team ever lame.
No excuses.

This team is as healthy as it has every been in the playoffs and is having its worst showing of this "core's" generation.

At least the epic collapses against Chicago were in the second round, and we were able to actually win some games and score some goals in the process.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I tip my hat to those posters that said many of the Canucks were having career years in 10-11. I didn't believe it at the time and I thought many of our players had just finally reached their potential and would maintain it for 4-5 years, that just doesn't seem to be the case.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

herb wrote: No excuses.
It's called Avquitonitis.

You can hear it periodically in the voices of key personnel.

Kes.

Bieksa.

Lagongo.

As I understand (and totally believe) it ain't the only issue but this team appears to have seen enough of dem der coaches.

Cue Phil Collins....
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote: It's called Avquitonitis.
Is it curable? Rehab? Surgery? Really good drugs??

donlever wrote:As I understand (and totally believe) it ain't the only issue but this team appears to have seen enough of dem der coaches.
Certain aspects of the Canucks, certainly the powerplay, haven't been clicking for months. There's definitely a certain amount of blame that lies at the feet of the coaching staff, but at the end of the day, this team needs more horsepower up front too.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

herb wrote:
donlever wrote: It's called Avquitonitis.
Is it curable? Rehab? Surgery? Really good drugs??.
A good old fashioned bleeding usually does the trick.
herb wrote:
donlever wrote:As I understand (and totally believe) it ain't the only issue but this team appears to have seen enough of dem der coaches.
...but at the end of the day, this team needs more horsepower up front too.
Can't disagree with that, personally I was tired of this bunch a year ago.

But then I've pretty much avquitonitis the whole NHL for that matter.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think most of us will be shocked if AV is not let go. I have heard that the Canucks have some interest in Ruff. Not sure how serious the interest is.

The other coaches need to go to. The only adjustment they have made on the PP is to drop Kesler back to the point, which is fine. But for the life of me I don't get why they don't play into the teams strengths and have Garrison on the 1st PP unit. If nothing else he might break a few bones on sone of those inclined to block shots. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:The other coaches need to go to. The only adjustment they have made on the PP is to drop Kesler back to the point, which is fine. But for the life of me I don't get why they don't play into the teams strengths and have Garrison on the 1st PP unit. If nothing else he might break a few bones on sone of those inclined to block shots. :mrgreen:
Agreed. I don't know how it fits with whatever code they follow on NHL ice, but if teams just want to layer in the blockers then why not let the Garrisons and Edlers aim for vulnerable spots on the blockers? Break a couple of ankles (or jaws/cheekbones if you're lucky) and see how willing those fuckers get to step into their lanes. Vigenault should have called that one after the first couple powerplays in game one and start plunking the shot-blockers. Even if it costs you game one, you're sending a message out there. :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:I think most of us will be shocked if AV is not let go. I have heard that the Canucks have some interest in Ruff. Not sure how serious the interest is.

The other coaches need to go to. The only adjustment they have made on the PP is to drop Kesler back to the point, which is fine. But for the life of me I don't get why they don't play into the teams strengths and have Garrison on the 1st PP unit. If nothing else he might break a few bones on sone of those inclined to block shots. :mrgreen:
At least he would know zKickassian & Roy (if he would resign), I like Ruff, good with young players, rough (RUFF!) with vets :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
herb wrote: No excuses.
It's called Avquitonitis.

You can hear it periodically in the voices of key personnel.

Kes.

Bieksa.

Lagongo.

As I understand (and totally believe) it ain't the only issue but this team appears to have seen enough of dem der coaches.

Cue Phil Collins....
Maybe we need a new owner :wink:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Ownership has been fine. To my surprise. They spend to the cap and beyond and have given MG everything he has asked for. They have given him full autonomy. What more could a gm ask for really?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Ownership has been fine. To my surprise. They spend to the cap and beyond and have given MG everything he has asked for. They have given him full autonomy. What more could a gm ask for really?
Ownership gave us MG & AV, that is all.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Ownership has been fine. To my surprise. They spend to the cap and beyond and have given MG everything he has asked for. They have given him full autonomy. What more could a gm ask for really?
Ownership gave us MG & AV, that is all.

No, they gave us MG. MG kept AV and extended him. They also gave us their cash.

Maybe they kiss and make up and rehire Burke?? LOL NOT

But who is out there as a GM that you would want. I'm not familiar with who may be available.
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

HW, when the Dallas Stars announced the hiring of Jim Nill the only two other names that were tossed out as being considered were Ron Hextall who is an assistant in LA and Brian Burke. I don't know anything about Hextall's credentials to be a GM, and probably a lot of people won't know him from his playing days, but he was a fierce competitor as I am sure you know.

On another note, the talk I have seen regarding the Colorado coaching position seems to revolve around three people: Dallas Eakins of the Toronto Marlies (who is supposedly good with young player development but is considered a more defensive system minded coach), Doug Houda in Boston who I don't know much about, and, believe it or not, our very own AV!!

Regards