Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nucks vs Sharks, Part II. OK, let's hear your predicitons.

Definitely glad not to face the Kings again. I think the Nucks will win in 6. Hopefully, Doug Wilson will have stripped his team of some role players needed for a good run in the likes of Murry, Clowe, Handzus. If the Nucks could get a good checking line with Hamhuis-Garrison on the Thornton line all nite, hopefully they won't get much offence going.

Getting Bieska back was a plus tonite, although he looked quite rusty; hopefully he'll be close to 100% by game #1. Getting the Tan-Man back soon would really help too.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Vs Sharks, Round I

Post by Rumsfeld »

Good guys in 5. Expecting overtimes.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Glad to stay in our time zone in the first round.

Glad that LA and St.Louis are going to kick the crap out of each other in the first round.

Glad the old guys in Anaheim and Detroit start traveling about as far as possible in the first round.

Little disappointed that CHI gets Minny, hopefully Suter can help the Wild last more than 4 games.

Canucks in 6.

:thumbs:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sharks in 5.

This team falls apart in the face of adversity, the Canucks lost all 3 games against the Sharks, and they have made Niemi look all world in every meeting.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If the Canucks we have seen against teams like Chicago then the Nucks in 5.

If not then the Nucks in 7, there is no way in hell the Canucks will lose this series.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only team that would have been easy for us is Minny. We have had our share of problems with all the other teams. If we show up with our A game we can win any series. If not then no matter who we play round one we will lose. I'm not unhappy nor am I happy with SJS. The road to the Cup will go through some pretty good teams.

If we can stay relatively healthy and come to play I like our chances.
The only HW the Canucks need
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

This is my preferred matchup for the Canucks in the first round given the choices. I just see San Jose as the easier matchup.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

This is probably the most favourable matchup we could have realistically hoped for (there was no way Minny was going to climb back to 6th).

Having said all that the Sharks have owned the Canucks this year and have seemingly played better since the mini-purge of their team.

I don't really know what to expect from this Canucks team but I'm going to air on the side of optimism and say Canucks in 5.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

To be honest, the one team I wanted to avoid was St. Louis, not so much LA. I think the SJS matchup is likely the best of the three, but I hope the Canucks don't think that. They didn't take LA seriously enough last year, man I hope they don't make any presumptions about SJS. Niemi has looked great. I almost preferred an LA matchup because the Canucks would have to get amped up for that - and they played LA great at home earlier in the season.

Anyway, this is what it is...I think this is going to be a long one, ups and downs, both teams split at home to start, it'll be 2-2 and then a homer series after that, Canucks in 7.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Nevermind :evil:

I feel like a North Shore Stevedore that can't find his hook...

*regrets getting that last coffee*
Last edited by Arachnid on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

SCP 2013 Round 1 Sharks versus Canucks

Post by Arachnid »

Time to get this party started :rockin:

I think this could go 6 and easily 7 as both teams get their Playoff legs. Pretty confident that we will take it with the team we have. Corrado as series MVP 8-)

Interesting time to be a Canuck fan but I'm really excited this year (many of us were still stunned/hungover last year from the Finals) but I think we can all come together and support this years team (and each other ).

Fuck yeah! Bring it Cupcake Thorton™!

All bandwagoners please pass Rogers Arena and go directly here...http://www.tmlforum.net/index.php
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:Glad to stay in our time zone in the first round.

Glad that LA and St.Louis are going to kick the crap out of each other in the first round.

Glad the old guys in Anaheim and Detroit start traveling about as far as possible in the first round.

Little disappointed that CHI gets Minny, hopefully Suter can help the Wild last more than 4 games.

Canucks in 6.

:thumbs:
Yeah but The cHawks will have to go through another round with the Blues or Kings before getting to us for the Con Final :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Sharks in 5.

This team falls apart in the face of adversity, the Canucks lost all 3 games against the Sharks, and they have made Niemi look all world in every meeting.
Oh Fuck off! :evil:

How did your Leaf laden hockey pool team do?! :hmmm:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I say 7 games with home ice being huge for us.

SJS is 17-2 at home FFS but a suprisingly bad 8-14 away.

I predict home ice wins for both sides including game 7
If you need air...call it in
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Canucks are such a 'head-scratcher'; they can look so bad and then turn around and play a game like they did with Chicago where they look 'brilliant'. Truth is, we haven't seen a whole lot of brilliance this year. I wonder (and am hopeful) about the fact that last year an 8th place team went the distance and just maybe that hasn't been lost on the Nucks? So in otherwords, never-mind getting caught up into the regular season race for first, just show up to the post season healthy and kick it up a notch (give it what you got). So that's my hope. BUT, truth is none of us really know what we're going to get. I am a minority here when I say I would like to have faced St. Louis in the first round. It's my sense over the years that teams that have to rise up to diversity with a tough team, even if it has to go on for seven games, emerge out the other side seemingly able to operate at higher level. I think its a myth about teams being tired after 7 games. It seems to me that many champs emerge after putting it out there after 7 game battles. The truth is, the Canucks should have major fuckin reserves of energy cause they haven't been playing at a particularly high level for most of the season. It's interesting to see an article in the province about playoff tickets not selling...hmmm maybe fans have some reservations me thinks?

The other thought i have, is perhaps it would be a blessing to get our asses kicked in 5 or 6 cause this would prompt Gillis to change the culture of this team. The predominant term used to describe the Canucks this year is 'lack-lustre' or 'stale'. Might be time to add some pepper!? Now having said all of this, naturally I would like to see us take the Sharks and build on it, but who really frikin knows what we're going to get??
cc oldtimer