Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

SKYO wrote:First we will have to see if MG will keep his job, Im guessing he does, I'd be shocked a little if he loses his job.
I think the only way Gillis isn't the GM next season is if he steps down on his own accord. Gilman steps in and Gillis stays on as an advisor.

Gillis won't be fired imho.
2011..... the one that got away.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote:Eakins....maybe.
Maurice.....HELL NO!
lol whats wrong with Maurice? doesn't he like a cycle type of play? perfect for a Sedins-Kassian line.

Eakins will be hot commodity it appears, he will be working as a head coach with an NHL team next season.
dangler wrote: I know most "experts" are predicting the Gillis gets another year,but given the lack of patience they gave Nonis and the epic fail the team had this year, I'm not so sure.

If the aquamen were to gas him I'm guessing it would be quick so they can get the new GM in to get a Luongo deal done PDQ,otherwise they could be looking at a nasty buyout.

AV is done and the assistant coaches need to be assessed/replaced as well
True, I'm guessing the aquamen are discussing that now and will decide by Monday if they will keep MG or not.

Seen on twitter to 'Bring Burke back!' ..let him finish what he started!

That would be interesting.
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
SKYO wrote:First we will have to see if MG will keep his job, Im guessing he does, I'd be shocked a little if he loses his job.
I think the only way Gillis isn't the GM next season is if he steps down on his own accord. Gilman steps in and Gillis stays on as an advisor.

Gillis won't be fired imho.
Yeah MG will have to start going against his grain and start making big changes, like an actual core player trade to shake things up just enough for the team to feel fresh again.

Bring in coaches who can command vets and know how to bring in prospects/rookies well, unlike av who likes to throw them to the wolves, if they don't play well in a coupla games, 4th line > then ahl.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

....I hear that the management team and ownership were staying at a resort outside of San Jose while the team was in town at a hotel.

Common or uncommon? I don't know.

A declaration of separation?

Making future plans while post season going forward when it is clear the team is badly damaged?
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

donlever wrote:....I hear that the management team and ownership were staying at a resort outside of San Jose while the team was in town at a hotel.

Making future plans while post season going forward when it is clear the team is badly damaged?
I was asking that yesterday.

Blake Price thought is was odd whereas Sekeres had no issue with it.

I'm leaning more towards the conspiracy theory side... keeps things more interesting that way. ;)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote:....I hear that the management team and ownership were staying at a resort outside of San Jose while the team was in town at a hotel.

Maybe management didn't want to be a distraction?

Anyway, methinks this was agreed upon as the last kick at the can for this core group in its entirety.

The winds of change are blowing, to be sure, but it'll be interesting to see what amount of change we see. More than tinkering and less than a full rebuild?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I'd be interested in your opinion about a full coaching staff turnover with a totally different approach without wholesale roster changes.

It just seems to me that the players are not buying in anymore, I wonder the difference between Kesler in game two and three and four is an indication. The handling Ballard, Luongo etc etc
??

Edit: I'm thinking the difference that it made in Montreal from last year to this..
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

ukcanuck wrote: I'd be interested in your opinion about a full coaching staff turnover with a totally different approach without wholesale roster changes.

I did not watch this year at all and barely last...

My opinion means nothing, I have little to no idea of who is doing what on this team other than the occasional ramblings of the crew or what I have read here the past few days.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They need a serious re tool. I would dangle an Edler/Kesler package in front of Philly and a few other teams and see what they would offer up. 17 is a good player but he is often injured and his acidic attitude is getting a bit much. If Philly wants to send the Schenns and their first back with our first going the other way I dont know how you don't look at this. Maybe Hartnell/Simmonds and Voracek. Perhaps Couturier is in play. Lots of possibilities with the Flyers. Maybe they bite on Lou.

Raymond, Lappiere, Ballard and Booth all have to go, someway, somehow. LOL at the people shitting on CS. No he didn't play well the last two games but he was not ready physically or mentally and it showed. AV and staff are obviously gone, but if Gillis doesn't have the cajones to cut into this core he should also be guillotined.

A couple of these players need to be asked if they will waive their ntc and imho Kesler would waive for Philly or the Wings. He did sign an offer sheet once upon a time with the Flyers or as one former poster said he " hunted an offer sheet".

Burrows is another guy I would look hard at moving. That 4.5 million per could be a boat anchor in two years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: I'd be interested in your opinion about a full coaching staff turnover with a totally different approach without wholesale roster changes.

I did not watch this year at all and barely last...

My opinion means nothing, I have little to no idea of who is doing what on this team other than the occasional ramblings of the crew or what I have read here the past few days.
Can I buy your game 5 tix off you?! :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Arachnid wrote: Can I buy your game 5 tix off you?! :eh:
lol, I don't even have tickets, only access to them if completely necessary (like a game 7 in the Finals for instance...lol).

Like I said before the lockout, do it and you lose me and my consumer dollars.
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

ukcanuck wrote:I'd be interested in your opinion about a full coaching staff turnover with a totally different approach without wholesale roster changes.

It just seems to me that the players are not buying in anymore, I wonder the difference between Kesler in game two and three and four is an indication. The handling Ballard, Luongo etc etc
??

Edit: I'm thinking the difference that it made in Montreal from last year to this..
There are a lot of posters out there that believe we should just change the coaching staff and give this core a chance with a new regime.

I'm not one of them. Winning 1 playoff game in the past 11 can't be put all on the coach. The players need some accountability too.

Out of our current core I would shop Edler, Bieksa and Burrows and go from there.

As part of a more dramatic re-build I would conSider moving Kesler..... mainly because I'm skeptical about how many more years his body is going to hold up.

Sedins?.... Who's going to take them both? Anyways, I'm content with keeping them around for our second line in a season or two.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
conSider moving Kesler.....
lol
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Sedins?......I'm content with keeping them around for our second line ina season or two.

lol'er

;)
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

donlever wrote:
Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Sedins?......I'm content with keeping them around for our second line ina season or two.

lol'er

;)

Ah, ninja edit failed.

Forgot just how quick you were.

(that's what she said)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Ah, ninja edit failed.

Forgot just how quick you were.
Yes, unlike Canucks my skillz never recede....

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
(that's what she said)
Hey...
DeLevering since 1999.
cjc
CC Veteran

Post by cjc »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:

I was asking that yesterday.

Blake Price thought is was odd whereas Sekeres had no issue with it.

I'm leaning more towards the conspiracy theory side... keeps things more interesting that way. ;)
The owners like to party - very hard. Not difficult to see why they'd be at a resort. This is not really a business for them, it's their entertainment.