Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by ukcanuck »

For the last 20 years Detroit has been the model of consistency and success. I thought that was the model than the Canucks were building on the west coast. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember core changes like the ones being proposed here now. Coaching change yes, building from within yes, but have the wings given up on an Edler or any other similar core player?
There seems to be enough room for change by clearing out 12 million in salaries in Booth, Ballard and Luongo,
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:They need a serious re tool. I would dangle an Edler/Kesler package in front of Philly and a few other teams and see what they would offer up. 17 is a good player but he is often injured and his acidic attitude is getting a bit much. If Philly wants to send the Schenns and their first back with our first going the other way I dont know how you don't look at this. Maybe Hartnell/Simmonds and Voracek. Perhaps Couturier is in play. Lots of possibilities with the Flyers. Maybe they bite on Lou.

Raymond, Lappiere, Ballard and Booth all have to go, someway, somehow. LOL at the people shitting on CS. No he didn't play well the last two games but he was not ready physically or mentally and it showed. AV and staff are obviously gone, but if Gillis doesn't have the cajones to cut into this core he should also be guillotined.

A couple of these players need to be asked if they will waive their ntc and imho Kesler would waive for Philly or the Wings. He did sign an offer sheet once upon a time with the Flyers or as one former poster said he " hunted an offer sheet".

Burrows is another guy I would look hard at moving. That 4.5 million per could be a boat anchor in two years.
blob - excellent post and exactly what I would look at doing.

players out in would balance out in the cap hit.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:They need a serious re tool. I would dangle an Edler/Kesler package in front of Philly and a few other teams and see what they would offer up. 17 is a good player but he is often injured and his acidic attitude is getting a bit much. If Philly wants to send the Schenns and their first back with our first going the other way I dont know how you don't look at this. Maybe Hartnell/Simmonds and Voracek. Perhaps Couturier is in play. Lots of possibilities with the Flyers. Maybe they bite on Lou.
:lol:

It'll be the blockbuster of the century.

We send them Kesler, Edler, Bieksa, Luongo, they send us Brygalov (to buy out), the Schenns, Couturier, their 1st round pick, Wayne Simmonds, uhh something else :look: ...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I wonder if PITT will be in the market for a goalie this off-season...god knows they need one.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

cjc wrote:The owners like to party - very hard. Not difficult to see why they'd be at a resort. This is not really a business for them, it's their entertainment.
So they were partying hard with GMMG, Gilman, Henning et al while their team was floundering about going down in Flames were they?

That's your assessment?
DeLevering since 1999.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

ESQ wrote:I wonder if PITT will be in the market for a goalie this off-season...god knows they need one.
If the Canucks played the Pens in the first round, nobody would be complaining about our forwards inability to score.

Blob's post is about where I'm at. Nothing, is off the table as far as I'm concerned. Edler, Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler and Hansen, not to mention Lalongo, Booth and Ballard (LOL!), are all in play if I'm GM.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

herb wrote:Blob's post is about where I'm at. Nothing, is off the table as far as I'm concerned. Edler, Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler and Hansen, not to mention Lalongo, Booth and Ballard (LOL!), are all in play if I'm GM.
One conspicuous absence from your list is Schneider :lol:

I've been a staunch Luongo defender from day one, and I believe the day he is traded will be a day of infamy in the long-suffering history of the Canucks. BUT, I don't think trading him is in MG's control, I think he wants out more than MG wants to move him.

As soon as CS came out with that story about anxiety attacks causing him to cramp vs. Chicago, I thought WTF are we doing with this guy as our starter? However, in spite of the fact that I believe Luongo is the superior goalie, I strongly believe CS would fetch a far better return. Unfortunately, I doubt that is in the cards.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

ESQ wrote: One conspicuous absence from your list is Schneider :lol:

I've been a staunch Luongo defender from day one, and I believe the day he is traded will be a day of infamy in the long-suffering history of the Canucks. BUT, I don't think trading him is in MG's control, I think he wants out more than MG wants to move him.
It's probably about as likely as the twins getting traded, however I'm also in the "anything on the table" category. If the market has soured and all you can get for Luongo is a 2nd round draft pick, I think you need to look at your options. That said, I do think there should be some new possibilities for Lou in Philly, and possibly Pitts (let's hope the melt down in net continues).
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Schneider starting game 3 and 4 after Luongo was apparently good in the first two combined with this equals not such good news for any hopes of him staying around methinks. Bye bye Luo.

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2013/05/luon ... le-photos/
DeLevering since 1999.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

donlever wrote:Schneider starting game 3 and 4 after Luongo was apparently good in the first two combined with this equals not such good news for any hopes of him staying around methinks. Bye bye Luo.

Maybe he's just trying to downgrade and wants to buy something south of the Fraser. You know something with a lawn, where the kids can play? :lol:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

BurningBeard wrote: Maybe he's just trying to downgrade and wants to buy something south of the Fraser. You know something with a lawn, where the kids can play? :lol:
Well this would probably be the first time anyone has ever referred to FLA as "south of the Fraser", but it does work!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

ESQ wrote:I wonder if PITT will be in the market for a goalie this off-season...god knows they need one.
Bylsma knows too.
Tomas Vokoun will be the Penguins starting goaltender in Game 5 Thursday night against the NY Islanders at CONSOL Energy Center.

“We brought Tomas Vokoun in to play big games for us and be a goaltender we can count on to go in and play big games. He’s done that this year for us,” head coach Dan Bylsma said.
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:Schneider starting game 3 and 4 after Luongo was apparently good in the first two combined with this equals not such good news for any hopes of him staying around methinks. Bye bye Luo.

I lived in penthouse suite in Jamaica. Great afro-disiac. Get a chick in that place, one look around and her panties hit the floor a c-hair before her knees.

On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:
On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
not to males....:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Topper wrote:On a side note, is c-hair becoming a lost unit of measurement?
Not by a cuntry bushfull.
2011..... the one that got away.