Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Lancer »

There is no innovation or creativity anymore with this coaching staff. It's like the coaching staff figures they cracked the code in 2011 and just want to keep re-applying the same 'system' in the hopes that it will turn out different.

No doubt the roster has issues and that's on Gillis, but to just see the same old song with no innovation when everyone has cottoned on to AV's 'system' is the big reason why Vigneault and company should be shown the door. At this point, it doesn't matter who replaces him and his staff.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Blob, you're seriously brain damaged if you honestly believe that getting rid of AV is the answer to this teams problems.

He will be fired, if we get knocked out of the first round 2nd time in a row, but that will have more to do with Gillis saving his own face than anything else. The bottom line, the product on the ice is in need of a blood transfusion only administered by a GM with a fucking hint of intelligence at player evaluating, drafting and developing and the balls to pull off a bold trade. This group is fucking stale

Not as stale as your shtick my friend, nowhere close.

Regards your good friend Jim,

You stupid fucktard!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

How many times have we come away from a playoff series and someone somewhere said AV was out coached? Too many. Ottawa, forced to try rookies all year, changed things up after game one and gave some of their kids a chance to play. What did AV do? He put is Sestito.

Since the Boston series our PP has been on a steady decline. What does AV do? The same thing.

The young kid Corrado looks like a keeper but not quite ready. What does AV do? Sits Ballard and lets the kid draw in.

He goes back to the well over and over but never comes up with anything new. Just keeps talking about the system and playing the system and on and on. But what happens when the system fails or needs tweaking? Nothing.

He is a good regular season coach but lets face it last year we won the PT because NYR failed to win it. This year we won the Division because Minny tanked at the right time for us. Well, next season we won't have the weak Division as a cushion. We have shown we can't beat LA, SJS, Chicago and Anaheim on a regular basis.

As to MG. Well, he has assembled a good defence on paper but for the life of me when they are on the ice they look AHLish. Up front he has too many of the same type of players. Next season is the time to see what a few of the farm boys have. Enough of saying we can't get the youngsters in because we are pushing for a title of some sort. It has to be next season that we see 3-4 young players crack the line up. Give Kassian a bigger role. We don't need to push for a title next year. Our goal should be to make the playoffs with as good as seeding as possible all the while letting the next generation earn their strips.

I never thought we were a contender at the start of the year but it is these embarrassing ass kickings and give up that irk me. I'm done. I don't care if they come back and win a game or 2 or 3 or 4. They will not make it out of the West even if they pull a miracle on Georgia Street and come back in this series, which they won't do. They are done. All that is left is the excuses.

We need a major overhaul and I'd advocate the following: (Like no surprises here)

Trade Luongo for the best offer
Trade Edler for a good return
Trade/buy our Ballard
Trade/buy out Booth
Let Lappy walk
Let Raymond walk
Let Roy walk

Package up as many of those guys as you can and get something back, even if it is just cap space. Next season get some of the kids in the line up with a coach that can work with them. Get ready for the end of the Sedins and get ready now. When their contract is up they have said they want one more deal. Well, we had better be in a position to be able to offer it to them at around 4 each per year as second line players. I am so done with this team and if it comes back next year almost intact then count me as one who will no longer watch.

I woke up the other day and realized I don't have a lot of winters left. Perhaps 5, 10 maybe 15 if I'm lucky. I just don't want to spend them watching this same incarnation of the Canucks. If MG doesn't handle this the right way we will be the Flyers or the Preds or heaven forbid the Flames. With the current group he has 1, maybe 2 seasons before the bottom falls out. Bette the address it this off season.

At least the streets of downtown are nice and quiet. :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

#FireAV is trending hardcore on twitter, people want his head on a platter.

no balls MG getting a lot of flack now too..finally.

Every single player should be made available, no untouchables! If whatever GM we have after this season can get what we need to succeed soon.

Yes even Juice for E Kane or Turris ... something like that.

Luongo for Matthias or Shore and a 2nd.

Booth + for a offensive right side dman.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

I may be around the same age as you HW, not that I would ever ask a lady her age.

I've already died once 5 years ago and I'm doubtful if I have 5 years left.

It's strange that when the Lions win the Grey Cup or the Jays win the World Series I get excited for a couple of minutes then it's kind of who cares.

Will that be what it's like if the Canucks win the Cup, Oh boy we won, is it time to change the litter box?

I think until we win I will be on pins and needles cheering the team on but once it's done will I quite caring?

I think we are done this year and I don't really care, I have gardens to plant and quite frankly my tomatoes, been's, beets, peas and onions are far more important than some silly game.

Forgot the carrots but are they really more important than the game?

Fuck it I still believe!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: I woke up the other day and realized I don't have a lot of winters left. Perhaps 5, 10 maybe 15 if I'm lucky.
I was thinking along these lines the other day. I wondered, "How many die hard Canuck fans have died already without seeing the team win the Cup?"

I don't want to be one of them.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

:D
Cornuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I woke up the other day and realized I don't have a lot of winters left. Perhaps 5, 10 maybe 15 if I'm lucky.
I was thinking along these lines the other day. I wondered, "How many die hard Canuck fans have died already without seeing the team win the Cup?"

I don't want to be one of them.
It's not to bad if you have a wife that refuses to let you stay dead.

I love her dearly but when she told me to get back to my body I went!

The Doctors said they brought me back but I know what happened.

I've always been pussy wiped and loved every minute of it! :D

Forgot to say I still believe, the team can do this it's not over yet.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Knucklehead wrote: I've always been pussy wiped and loved every minute of it!
I really hope that's a typo :D
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:
Knucklehead wrote: I've always been pussy wiped and loved every minute of it!
I really hope that's a typo :D
It's late, I'm on strong pain killers, I'm old and stupid.

Wait, what was your point?

Fucking auto correct.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

'wiped' would be perfectly good too. :thumbs:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:'wiped' would be perfectly good too. :thumbs:
But after a few years?..... c'mon.... really? :blush:
Knucklehead
CC Veteran

Post by Knucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:
SKYO wrote:'wiped' would be perfectly good too. :thumbs:
But after a few years?..... c'mon.... really? :blush:
God damn I'm glad her computer is in a different room.

Read into that what you will but I still keep looking over my shoulder.

i
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:Your Mike Gillis Vancouver Canucks All Star Team

'Outside of draft picks

Sturm---Roy----Torres (who was subsequently let go)
Booth---Sundin (past his prime)---Higgins
Lapierre---Ebbett---Wellwood
Weise---Malhotra----Sestito
Zack Bernier
Steve Kassian

Hamhuis---Garrison
O'Brien---Ehrhoff (who he subsequently let go)
Ballard---Tanev
Barker
*LOL* Well, some of the D-men he acquired are pretty good. But up front, no one really sticks out as an impact player though.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Knucklehead wrote:I may be around the same age as you HW, not that I would ever ask a lady her age.

I've already died once 5 years ago and I'm doubtful if I have 5 years left.

Fuck it I still believe!
Damn, I hope the Nucks win it for u guyz, if not this year, hopefully sometime soon.

My friend said she saw something strange hovering around the sky tonite and then it just disappeared. Hopefully it went to SJ to give our guyz some mojo to come back and win this series. :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote: We must not forget that there is a serious waning interest in this city regarding the fans and that falls squarely onto the shoulders of the GM of this team. I'm sure Aquaman ain't too happy about it. Gillis job is far from safe if this team gets knocked again in the first round. AV getting fired is nowhere near the magic bullet you all is hoping for. No new coach coming in here is gonna make a difference, it will just be a revolving door of coaches like we see in Edmonton. The problem? It's the GM.
You're right about some of that.

A new coach is not the magic bullet "we all hope for". But it's the the cross-hairs that aim the bullet.

Vigneault being axed is a first step.

Changing up some of the personnel on the roster is the next step.

If that fails, then a new GM is the final step.

I don't think Gillis will follow in the footsteps of Kevin Lowe and the Coilers. He will replace the coach, make a couple of changes to the roster, and, if the team performs the same, he will make big changes to the roster. If he doesn't do this, then you and I can meet up for a cold one and I'll buy and tip my glass to you and say you were right about him.

Regardless of the Gillis argument, Vigneault still needs to go. We have seen enough of the dog and pony show that is AV and Bowness.