Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Scott Arniel will be getting a interview as well it appears.
GM MIke Gillis on radio re coach search: "Scott Arniel will be considered absolutely." Arniel: "Definitely I'm interested.
:|
:eh:

Okay, Dude's right, fire Gillis.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote:Scott Arniel will be getting a interview as well it appears.
GM MIke Gillis on radio re coach search: "Scott Arniel will be considered absolutely." Arniel: "Definitely I'm interested.
:eh:

Okay, Dude's right, fire Gillis.
Perhaps Arniel is just meant as interview fodder.... :?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Lip service.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Aaronp18 wrote:Lip service.
Yeah like that, you gotta make the guy you want feel like he has to work for it.

Larry Larry
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Larry Larry
I haven't read anything about LR...is he named as a candidate?
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Larry Larry
I haven't read anything about LR...is he named as a candidate?

He is under contract with theSIS and it would be tampering to name him as a candidate. If the Canucks want to speak to him they can ask for permission once the Sharks season is done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Players Agent Mike 'the cupboards are bare' Gillis has now come out and stated that the core will remain the same next season. My god man, Aquaman get rid of this clown. He is basically saying that these last two dismal playoff seasons by the Canucks is all on AV's head and his player personnel assembling has zero to do with the failures of this team in the playoffs this year and last. What a dufus GM
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:So Players Agent Mike 'the cupboards are bare' Gillis has now come out and stated that the core will remain the same next season. My god man, Aquaman get rid of this clown. He is basically saying that these last two dismal playoff seasons by the Canucks is all on AV's head and his player personnel assembling has zero to do with the failures of this team in the playoffs this year and last. What a dufus GM
Well, considering all the NTC/NMC's he handed out to the core group, he only has two options available to him.....and they expire on July 1st. At which point Edler becomes one of the most useless cap drains out there.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:So Players Agent Mike 'the cupboards are bare' Gillis has now come out and stated that the core will remain the same next season. My god man, Aquaman get rid of this clown. He is basically saying that these last two dismal playoff seasons by the Canucks is all on AV's head and his player personnel assembling has zero to do with the failures of this team in the playoffs this year and last. What a dufus GM
He's right, it is all on AV's head.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

WOW, did he really say that? (got a link, sorry I've been busy playing with my new Adobe PS).

Seriously, some of the core players need to go, and yes there are ways to do that.

Dude, I'm climbing aboard your Fire Gillis Bandwagon! :thumbs:

He hasn't made the kind of changes he has said he would (he's promised more assholes for 2 years now).

He shoulda dealt with the goalie situation in the off-season....

He hung onto AV WAY too long.

And now he needs to shake this team to its core (and says he won't?).

I just can't help but see Gillis as a big soft pussy these days.

So..... sit anywhere? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: So..... sit anywhere? :mex:
:wow:
If you need air...call it in
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Strangelove wrote:
WOW, did he really say that? (got a link, sorry I've been busy playing with my new Adobe PS).

Seriously, some of the core players need to go, and yes there are ways to do that.

Dude, I'm climbing aboard your Fire Gillis Bandwagon! :thumbs:

He hasn't made the kind of changes he has said he would (he's promised more assholes for 2 years now).

He shoulda dealt with the goalie situation in the off-season....

He hung onto AV WAY too long.

And now he needs to shake this team to its core (and says he won't?).

I just can't help but see Gillis as a big soft pussy these days.

So..... sit anywhere? :mex:
I'm figuring (okay, more hoping/praying) that this is more a matter of Gillis playing his cards close to his chest. No point in putting the fire sale sign up before the conference finals have even started.

Having said that, if this cast remains the same with just some window dressing changed, I may just change my mind on Gillis regardless of who he chooses to coach that outfit.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm hoping that this, just like almost everything Gillis has done, is the smoke and mirror play.

Generally speaking he alludes to one thing or another, and what he says is likely going to happen is not what actually happens.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't think Gillis said that but hey may as well make shit up right .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He said something like:

He likes the core

There will be changes

Every aspect of the organisation will be reviewd

Biggest changes may come in the form of younger players getting significant roles and being allowed to grow and develop in game situations

Cautioned media to not jump to conclusions about anything he a says as he obviously won't go into detail but not to expect big or major changes to the core as he thinks we still have the ore together the job done

In others he has covered all bases. There will be changes, maybe big changes, no one exempt from review, but the core is good so the changes will be in younger players, but big changes are coming. Triple speak.
The only HW the Canucks need