Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Post by rats19 »

It really sucks not being apprised of the situation as it developes
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

rats19 wrote:It really sucks not being apprised of the situation as it developes

Almost like being married.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
rats19 wrote:It really sucks not being apprised of the situation as it developes

hahaha 23 yrs and counting...bring on the fog...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

RoyalDude wrote: LMAO! The magic bullet according to some around here, like it's al his doing, AV, Jack Adams winner, two presidents trophies, blah, blah, blah, is all of a sudden is the reason why this team sucks and has NOTHING to do with the roster Gillis has given him to work with. All his fault.

But hey, a lot of folks here are big believers in the flip the switch theory and going by that the Canucks will win 3-4 with a new coach, cause we all know that this same cast of characters AV has to direct will flip the switch once we see a new coach step in. Sort of like what's been happening in Edmonton, how many coaches have they gone through now? Maybe, just maybe MGMT will wake up and realize that it's the management that needs to be shown the door and not the coaches.
There's been only one NHL team that has won a Cup with a coach that has been there for 5+ years (not including repeat Cups), and that's the 1980 New York Islanders with Al Arbour. That means every Cup champion in the last 33 years has turned over their head coach more frequently.

I'm not saying firing the coach = Cup, but I do believe long-term coach = no Cup.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Damn straight - I should have a direct line to Aquaman and get daily updates.

Not saying we need to be appraised of the situation but what worries me more is that the longer it takes for a notice to be given then the more it seems there will be no change.

This is not about waiting to see if there is another coach out there, this is about if AV is the right man for the job. Another week or another month will not change that. The only thing I am assuming is that MG is probably meeting with the owners to give them his plan and waiting to get approval.

All of us working in larger political organizations understands this can take time and Orca Bay at the end of the day is all about maximizing profits.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:

Where do you get the almost from?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:Where do you get the almost from?
lol

Right.

My bad, just like being married eh rats!
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
Topper wrote:Where do you get the almost from?
lol

Right.

My bad, just like being married eh rats!
spot on....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hammond Aigs wrote:Could be that Gillis is waiting to see what happens with Tippet in Phoenix - his contract's apparently up on June 30.
Or it could be MG is waiting to see if he keeps his job first from the Aquamen.

But most likely he's working on getting a farm team for the Canucks.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:This is not about waiting to see if there is another coach out there, this is about if AV is the right man for the job. Another week or another month will not change that. The only thing I am assuming is that MG is probably meeting with the owners to give them his plan and waiting to get approval.

All of us working in larger political organizations understands this can take time and Orca Bay at the end of the day is all about maximizing profits.
+1

Whether or not potential replacements are available yet has no bearing on whether AV stays or not. If memory serves, last summer was torturesome in waiting for word as to whether Gillis, and the AV, would be back so there is precedent here. The conference finals are not even started, so no doubt the organization feels it has time to deliberate as long as they have their plan set going into the draft. If we haven't heard word after the first week of June, then I'd be wondering/worried.

Meanwhile, they do have a pressing deadline with the AHL to handle. Do I get a chance to see some baby orcas in Utica next winter??? :mrgreen:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boy Tippett's first rate exciting, stifling, boring defensive system, shut down hockey would bode real well for the dwindling demand on tickets for your Vancouver Canucks. He is exactly how you put butts back in the seats for the continuous sell outs weeze been getting, or should I say, no longer getting.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Hell no to Tippett.

Arniel's chance left when they turfed Bowness and Newell the team is definitely (and rightly so) looking to go in a different direction.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tippet. Down
Torts down

Ruff up?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Ruff, Eakins, Boucher get interviews.

Probably a larger list but I'm just not to sure of who else is out there and can coach a style that is best for this team.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Scott Arniel will be getting a interview as well it appears.
GM MIke Gillis on radio re coach search: "Scott Arniel will be considered absolutely." Arniel: "Definitely I'm interested.
:|
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.