Gills and Vigneault

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Gills and Vigneault

Postby Uncle dans leg » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:20 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sweeping Changes Dat. Bold Moves Dat. We will be the Calgary Flames for the next 5 years, slowly dipping each season, hovering above .500 hockey scraping into the line-up, constantly tinkering with the bottom 6, making bad tades sacrificing the future for journeyman veterens, and eventually, we will be where Calgary is now, once the Sedins are gone. Bold Moves Gillis, there you have it.

:lol:
Its like you had a crystal ball
nobody forks...with the jesus
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:52 pm

Knucklehead wrote:A chronology of failure, previous canucks GM's:

19070 - 1973 Norman "Bud" Poile: lost the spin of the wheel and destroyed Dale Talon by trying to make him into a forward.

1973 - 1974 Lary Coe: who?

1974 - 1976 Phil Malony: I don't remember much about Phil good or bad.

1977 -1981 Jake frigging Milford: How the hell do you trade Derlago and Vaive for scraps? I get it that Derlago skated around checking out the puck bunnies in the stands most of the night, but god dammit the 2 or 3 minutes he showed up every night he was dominant! And what can you say about giving up on Rick Vaive a year or two after drafting him.

This was the stupidest trade in Canucks history until:

1982 - 1986 Harry Neale: Cam Neely and a 1st rd pick, 3rd overall, for Barry, "brocken wing ,Pederson what else needs to be said!

1985 - 1987 Jake Gordon: Who and what did he do?

1987 - 1998 Pat Quin: My god what to say, Linden, Bure, Mogilny, Naslund all the great things he did. But Keenan, Messier. screwing up the Gretzuy deal in the midle of the night. Screwing over Bure so he demanded a trade my god how does our greatest GM become our worst ever.

It boggles the mind!

1998 - 2004 Brian Burke: The blow-hard that walked like a man what did he ever do for the team?

Oh yes, he orchestrated the deal that got us the Sedins, that was some fine work I'll give him that!

2004 - 2008 Dave Nonis: Fixed the goally problem thtr Burkie refused to address during his tenure as GM.

Gave out 2nd round picks for borderline players on the way out of the league,

2008 - 200?? Mike Gillis: the jury is out, he robbed a desperate SJ for Ehrhoff then let him walk. Signed some very good players, both RFA and UFA to discounts.

Traded assets for Ballard, that has not worked out and acquired Booth for nothing but we really got nothing in return mainly due to injuries in this case.

Anybody saying Gillis is the worst GM in Canucks history knows nothing of history!

And it's like my grade ten history instructor told me: "Those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it"

Crap it was even more boring the next year!

But ... but ..... but the Dude said Eye Bags was the worst . Yeah no the Neely trade and the trade for Tiger the Hugger are two of the worst ten trades in NHL history. Milford and Jack Gordon are bar none the shittiest managers in hockey history let alone the Canucks. Elmers idols
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:05 pm

- 2nd and a 3rd for Bernier
- Bernier, Grabner and a 1st for Ballard
- two 4th's for Pahlsson
- a 2nd and Connauton for ROY
- 10th overall (Hodgson) for a drunk cokehead in the AHL

Gold Jerry. GOLD!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:07 pm

RoyalDude wrote:- 2nd and a 3rd for Bernier
- Bernier, Grabner and a 1st for Ballard
- two 4th's for Pahlsson
- a 2nd and Connauton for ROY
- 10th overall (Hodgson) for a drunk cokehead in the AHL

Gold Jerry. GOLD!

And none of this crap adds up to the two rapes that Vancouver GMs were treated to
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Knucklehead wrote:1982 - 1986 Harry Neale: Cam Neely and a 1st rd pick, 3rd overall, for Barry, "brocken wing ,Pederson what else needs to be said!

1987 - 1998 Pat Quin: My god what to say, Linden, Bure, Mogilny, Naslund all the great things he did. But Keenan, Messier. screwing up the Gretzuy deal in the midle of the night. Screwing over Bure so he demanded a trade my god how does our greatest GM become our worst ever.

Actually, it was Jack Gordon who traded Neely.

http://www.nhltradetracker.com/user/tra ... Gordon/191

Harry Neale was actually the architect of the Cinderella 82 team that made the finals. He purposely got himself suspended, so Roger Nielson could take the reigns to help the Nucks reach the finals. :lol:

Too bad the Griffiths didn't get the Might Quinn a little earlier, he might have held on to Neely.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Two first round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick were lost on Buyout Ballard. Fookin Hell! Not even an offer sheet on Draisaitl would cost that much in assets. Keith fookin Ballard!?!?! The horror
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:13 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Harry Neale was actually the architect of the Cinderella 82 team that made the finals. He purposely got himself suspended, so Roger Nielson could take the reigns to help the Nucks reach the finals. :lol:

Hairy Kneel? :look:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Derlago was a 40 goal scorer. Vaive and Neely were 50 goal scorers. Milford also handed away Brent Ashton for two years of a miserable Ivan Hlinka. Horrible managers...among the worst ever in the NHL.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:1982 - 1986 Harry Neale: Cam Neely and a 1st rd pick, 3rd overall, for Barry, "brocken wing ,Pederson what else needs to be said!

Harry Neale was actually the architect of the Cinderella 82 team that made the finals. He purposely got himself suspended, so Roger Nielson could take the reigns to help the Nucks reach the finals. :lol:

Too bad the Griffiths didn't get the Might Quinn a little earlier, he might have held on to Neely.

Milford was and he made a horrendous trade with Toronto that set the team back five years. The only reason they made the cup finals is because Edmonton and Minnesota were upset in rounds one and two and everything parted like the Red Sea for a very average Canucks team.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Meds » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:

Milford was and he made a horrendous trade with Toronto that set the team back five years. The only reason they made the cup finals is because Edmonton and Minnesota were upset in rounds one and two and everything parted like the Red Sea for a very average Canucks team.

Riding the back of a hot Richard Brodeur.

Sounds like the 2004 Flames and Kiprusoff.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Meds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Riding the back of a hot Richard Brodeur.

Yar, wasn't Neale the guy who picked up King Richard? Brodeur stood on his head and carried the team all the way, he was probably the key player. No King Richard, no run.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat