Cup Poll.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you think Vancouver will win the Cup this year? No qualifications.

Yes.
18
41%
No.
26
59%
 
Total votes : 44

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 am

Potatoe1 wrote:If they can get and stay healthy they have a good shot.

Unfortunatly this team never "gets" or "stays" healthy...


I would like to think it comes down to just being healthy; but man there have been some pretty uninspired hockey games latley against teams that were sellers on trade deadline day. I get league parity and I get the fact that these teams are loose and have nothing to lose but if the Canucks don't go into the playoffs on a bit of a roll from here on in I think they're going to last 5-6 games max.
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:59 am

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:If they can get and stay healthy they have a good shot.

Unfortunatly this team never "gets" or "stays" healthy...


I would like to think it comes down to just being healthy; but man there have been some pretty uninspired hockey games latley against teams that were sellers on trade deadline day. I get league parity and I get the fact that these teams are loose and have nothing to lose but if the Canucks don't go into the playoffs on a bit of a roll from here on in I think they're going to last 5-6 games max.

Totally agree. It's not the losses bow how shitty they've looked in losing. Terrible D-zone breakdowns all year long. If not for our goaltending we'd be sitting here planning on a top 10 pick in my opinion

If Vinyo hangs in there next year, I would like to see a better defensive hockey mind replace Rick Bowness. Whatever he's bringing to the party aint working any more.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 am

Too many Leafs blowers here!

I BELIEVE the Canucks will win the Cup every year, this is no exception.

:drink:

To all you who voted no....

Image
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:43 am

Aaronp18 wrote:Too many Leafs blowers here!

I BELIEVE the Canucks will win the Cup every year, this is no exception.

:drink:

To all you who voted no....

Image

So far it seems that Canuckscorner is comprised of only 36% who understand what the word FAN means...

If you are not with us you are against us

The axis of evil pervades even here.....
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

Aaronp18 wrote:
I BELIEVE
:drink:


Image
Image
Image
Last edited by Uncle dans leg on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Boston Canucker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:54 am

Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Arachnid » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Boston Canucker wrote:Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.


OK then, if they do not believe, then you and all your fellow monkey bandwagoneers have to jump of the cliff and can not participate in any celebrations... 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4907
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.


OK then, if they do not believe, then you and all your fellow monkey bandwagoneers have to jump of the cliff and can not participate in any celebrations... 8-)

Exactly! the " I'll wait to see how they do" bandwagon leafs the station at a different platform :evil:
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:01 pm

So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby 5thhorseman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:


fanaticism [fəˈnætɪˌsɪzəm]
n
wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm
5thhorseman
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:

That's correct...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2336
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:So you cant be a fan unless you believe this team will win it all? :wow:


fanaticism [fəˈnætɪˌsɪzəm]
n
wildly excessive or irrational devotion, dedication, or enthusiasm

So where does it end...huh? Uk and Spidey headed to "Canuck Fan Jannah" via the pressure cooker highway?
Soldiers of the Canuck Jihad Liberation Front

:lol: Once your there the team shall acquire 72 1st round draft picks? :lol:
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Boston Canucker » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:23 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:Since the question is do I "think" they'll win as opposed do I "hope" they'll win it, the answer is clearly no, I don't think they will. As others have said, if (big freaking if) we're healthy then the team has a shot, a decent one but not as a favorite, and we all know a hot goalie and hot team can make a run. So, I'll be growing the playoff beard, but my sense is the razor will not gain that much rust.


OK then, if they do not believe, then you and all your fellow monkey bandwagoneers have to jump of the cliff and can not participate in any celebrations... 8-)


The question used the word think, as in reason, not belief, as in faith...I grow the playoff beard etc as a ritual of faith (thereby re-asserting and expressing my belief) but as a matter of reason I do not 'think' they are going to win it, no. The bandwagon has no meaning to me, I was born on it and will die on it...there's no jump on jump off and jump back on again option.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby damonberryman » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Too many Leafs blowers here!

I BELIEVE the Canucks will win the Cup every year, this is no exception.

:drink:

To all you who voted no....

Image

Right fucking on. Of course we will win the Cup this year. Otherwise why would I watch so closely? I am a fan but I am also a big homer without reward and I believe in our team. They all got warts.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 380
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:07 am

Re: Cup Poll.

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Screw being rational. This is our team and I need to BELIEVE they will win.

Otherwise WTF is the point!

Sure we can be perfectly logical about things and look at the past, look at our flaws, realize only 1 of 30 teams will actually win the Cup. The odds aren't in our favour and never will be.

Playoffs = Get in, then just win!!

I think we will get healthy, I think luck will be on our side finally, I think we will see this team play their game for 60 minutes during the playoffs. They will win 16 games!

It's OK to admit we aren't perfect, and look at what the team needs to work on but why doubt what we have. This is the team we are going into the playoffs with this year, there's no more additions (just getting healthy). They have my full support and I believe they will win the Stanley Cup this year.

Once the season is over we can talk about changes that need to be made. Time to become that fanatic and ride this team until there's no games left.

I cheer for the Canucks and right now I don't care who is on that team, all I know is that the real season is starting soon and we have shot at the Stanley Cup.

:towel:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 7 guests