Playoffs...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Playoffs...2013

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
herb wrote:Wild owner Leipold says "We think our team is very much like the Kings."

You are the only one that thinks that way there Craig.
I for one would be thrilled if they could be like the Kings and knock off the President Trophy winning team in the first round.
The difference being that the Kings clawed their way up from the basement last year and were going full tilt when the playoffs hit. The Wild have stumbled and tripped over themselves all year and have enjoyed the benefit of playing in a division that boasts Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, and an inconsistent Vancouver.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

unfortunately minny is out in 4...hopefully in those 4 losses they wear some guys out and damage them if you will :lol:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:unfortunately minny is out in 4...hopefully in those 4 losses they wear some guys out and damage them if you will :lol:
Here's to hoping. :drink:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:
herb wrote:Wild owner Leipold says "We think our team is very much like the Kings."

You are the only one that thinks that way there Craig.
I for one would be thrilled if they could be like the Kings and knock off the President Trophy winning team in the first round.
Miracle on Kellogg Blvd
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I'm terrible at playoff predictions but here goes...

West
Hawks-Wild. I hate the Hawks. I hate the Wild slightly less. I want the Wild to win but they will lose in 4.

Ducks-Wings. I think the experts are going to give this to the Ducks in short order. I have a problem doing so given Zetterberg and Datsyuk. I also don't like calling series based on standings so I'm calling the upset in 6.

Canucks-Sharks. If the canucks play to their abilities they take this series in 5. I don't like the Sharks blueline. For playoff hockey I think the purging of their 3 most physical players the last two seasons hurts them. I think in the end the canucks take it in 6.

Kings-Blues. This could be a snooze fest or a hard hitting best series of the first round. Blues get the goaltending they've been missing for most of the year and win in 6.

East
Pittsburgh-Islander. Sid is back. Good to see the isles back in the playoffs....for 4 games anyways.

Montreal-Ottawa. This could be an upset in the making only because of the questionable goaltending of the Habs. In the end the habs take a 7 game barn burner of a series.

Washington-Rangers. I hate the Rangers. I will never ever predict them to win. Ovechkin continues his torrid goalscoring pace. Nash wilts in the playoffs. Caps in 6.

Boston-leaves. The leaves are content with a playoff berth. The Bruins are not. I don't care that the Bruins have stumbled down the stretch for this series. Bruins dominate the leaves in 5. Chara takes out Kessel and Lupul.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

tantalum wrote:I'm terrible at playoff predictions but here goes...

West
Hawks-Wild. I hate the Hawks. I hate the Wild slightly less. I want the Wild to win but they will lose in 4.

Ducks-Wings. I think the experts are going to give this to the Ducks in short order. I have a problem doing so given Zetterberg and Datsyuk. I also don't like calling series based on standings so I'm calling the upset in 6.

Canucks-Sharks. If the canucks play to their abilities they take this series in 5. I don't like the Sharks blueline. For playoff hockey I think the purging of their 3 most physical players the last two seasons hurts them. I think in the end the canucks take it in 6.

Kings-Blues. This could be a snooze fest or a hard hitting best series of the first round. Blues get the goaltending they've been missing for most of the year and win in 6.

East
Pittsburgh-Islander. Sid is back. Good to see the isles back in the playoffs....for 4 games anyways.

Montreal-Ottawa. This could be an upset in the making only because of the questionable goaltending of the Habs. In the end the habs take a 7 game barn burner of a series.

Washington-Rangers. I hate the Rangers. I will never ever predict them to win. Ovechkin continues his torrid goalscoring pace. Nash wilts in the playoffs. Caps in 6.

Boston-leaves. The leaves are content with a playoff berth. The Bruins are not. I don't care that the Bruins have stumbled down the stretch for this series. Bruins dominate the leaves in 5. Chara takes out Kessel and Lupul.
I don't think there is enough hate and spite in your predictions but I like that you have the Canucks in six but I think the wild will stretch it to five at least and fuck I hope LA and ST L kill each other in triple OT in game 7 with the blues squeezing it out...
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Hey the wife chooses by uniform attractiveness.

I choose by level of hate.

Not rational you say.

Need I remind you there is nothing rational about being a canuck fan?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

My predicitons:

3. Canucks vs 6. Sharks
First things first. Both teams are not as strong as they were two years ago. Canucks are flying under the radar a bit, and I think the Sharks will take Vancouver lightly as they swept the regular season series and read too much into how little people are talking about the Canucks. I predict this will be a tight series with two games that make it to OT. The key for the Canucks will be to keep the PP going. The PP has been better of late, and will produce in this series. The Canucks will get on the Sharks early, be the more physical team and break the Sharks' brittle confidence.
Canucks in 5

1. Blackhawks vs 8. Wild
The Wild have limped into the playoffs and will be very lucky to win one game. A couple of games will be close, but the Hawks will cruise to an easy series win.
Hawks in 4

2. Ducks vs 7. Red Wings
This will be one of the tightest series of the first round. Detroit is not the team they once were, and Anaheim is an overrated group that sits higher up in the standings then they actually should be due to a very hot start. This is by far the worst travel in the first round, with a three hour time difference between the two cities. Tough to pick a winner, but there are some Detroit fans in the office I'd like to see sad, so...
Ducks in 7

4. Blues vs 5. Kings
This will be another tough series. This one will either be a slow, grinding series, a touch, physical series or both. I'm predicting that the first two games of this series will be great, physical battles, but that will fizzle out as the games get more important. I don't see LA repeating, but I do see them getting by the Blues in round 1.
Kings in 6

1. Penguins vs 8. Islanders
This is by far the easiest series to pick. The Islanders are a low budget team and it will show from game 2 onward. John Tavares is a fantastic player, but I don't think even he's good enough to win his team one game.
Pens in 4

2. Canadiens vs 7. Senators
This is a great matchup for the small Montreal forward group. Ottawa has played well despite their bad luck with injuries, and Karlsson will be a big factor. In the end, though, Ottawa won't be able to score enough, and Montreal has more depth all over the place. Anderson has come back down to Earth too. He'll need to be incredible for Ottawa to win this series.
Habs in 6

3. Capitals vs 6. Rangers
Washington versus New York again? Jeez! One of the league's most overrated players versus one of the most overrated coaches. On paper, New York should win, but Washington has come on of late and Torts will lean on his best players too much. Nash will not perform well, and Lundqvist isn't able to score goals.
Capitals in 7

4. Bruins vs 5. Maple leaves
Not a hard series to pick. The leaves are one of the worst teams to make the playoffs. They don't have a good puck possession game, and get very few shots on goal. Carlyle thinks all they need to do is hit and punch people in the head to win. The Bruins aren't the team they were two years ago, but they are deeper all around than Toronto is. The excitement of being in the playoffs, and playing playoff games at home for the first time since I was a junior in high school, will propel Toronto to two wins in this series,
Boston in 6
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

tantalum wrote:Hey the wife chooses by uniform attractiveness.

I choose by level of hate.

Not rational you say.

Need I remind you there is nothing rational about being a canuck fan?
No no I was being serious, there is enough hatred in your reasoning :)

Edit: ISN'T
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

1st round?
Canucks in 6
Detroit in 7 ( gotta have 1 real upset )
St Louis in 5
Chitown in 6 ..
East?
Caps in 6 ( hate the rags )
Montreal in 7
Pittsburgh in 5
Toronto in 7.. ( double hate here but want to see Canucks beat the shite out of To for the cup )
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Sharks/Canucks: If it is the team we've watched all season other than a couple of games then it is Sharks in 5.....

Hawks/Wild: Chicago takes this in 5. Once they have a 3-0 lead there will be some desperation from Minny to steal one.

Wings/Ducks: Anaheim will take this in 6 games. Howard is easily rattled and has been up and down.

Blues/Kings: St. Louis in 7. Quick is good, Blues have no finish. But the Kings have no answer to the Blues forecheck.

Bruins/leaves: Beantown in 4. Only sweep of the first round. Reimer will implode.

Habs/Sens: Montreal in 7. This goes the distance and to be honest the outcome hinges on Anderson and Price.

Caps/Rags: Ovie has something to prove. NY likes to choke but will go the distance. Washington takes this in 7.

Pens/Isles: Pittsburgh will move on, he question is how many games the Islanders will steal.....I'm betting on 2. Pens in 6.