Playoffs...2013

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Playoffs...2013

Post by 2Fingers »

TO had a total of 7 shots in the first 2 periods then 10 in the third when Montreal started to give up and not get injured.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

So Minny gets a date with the Blackhawks.

Holy choke job. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'm really glad we can't face the Blackhawks until the Conference Final this year.....if we get there. Whoever gets Chicago in the 2nd round is going to be in tough against a good team who just had a week off and will be brimming with confidence after their strong season and opening round sweep of the useless Wild.

As for our first round, I'm torn.....I'd like payback against the Kings, but they will beat us up. San Jose has had no luck in the playoffs, so they could be due, and we have a real talent for making Niemi look MUCH better than he actually is.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Mëds wrote:I'm really glad we can't face the Blackhawks until the Conference Final this year.....if we get there. Whoever gets Chicago in the 2nd round is going to be in tough against a good team who just had a week off and will be brimming with confidence after their strong season and opening round sweep of the useless Wild.

As for our first round, I'm torn.....I'd like payback against the Kings, but they will beat us up. San Jose has had no luck in the playoffs, so they could be due, and we have a real talent for making Niemi look MUCH better than he actually is.
Yep, just have to get it in gear no matter who we play.

Any opinions about Jocyln?
I didn't see the game thursday, so just seeing him tonight on HNIC
Can't be worse than Alberts/Barker can he? :o
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

We can go all the way but we need our best players to be our best players. And by best players I mean Schneider and Kesler.

Final four would have to be considered a good season but after '11 I don't think anybody here will settle for good.

Gotta admit I'm pretty excited. :crazy:
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

1-0 LA... how ironic would it be if this went the other way and a Dustin Brown suspension actually screwed our season?

Arachmindblowingstephenhawkingshit
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Arachmindblowingstephenhawkingshit
Trademark infringement! Trademark infringement! :towel:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Rumsfeld wrote:We can go all the way but we need our best players to be our best players. And by best players I mean Schneider and Kesler.

Final four would have to be considered a good season but after '11 I don't think anybody here will settle for good.

Gotta admit I'm pretty excited. :crazy:

They say that if Schneider does not get at least one practice in before game one he won't start int he playoffs. I guess we gotta watch and see if he practices on Monday.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

LA up 3-1 with 8 minutes to go. Looking like SJS.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

That's it then, no wet dream of Habs versus Make Believes for CBC...they get the Bruisers in the first round :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

WEST
CHI vs MIN
ANA vs DET
VAN vs SjS
STL vs LA

EAST
PIT vs NYI
MTL vs OTT
WAS vs NYR
BOS vs TOR

Looks like CHI/MIN and PIT/NYI start as early as Tuesday.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Arachnid wrote:That's it then, no wet dream of Habs versus Make Believes for CBC...they get the Bruisers in the first round :D
Habs - Sens should work just fine, while the Laffs get chewed up by the Bruins. :mrgreen:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Mëds wrote:I'm really glad we can't face the Blackhawks until the Conference Final this year.....if we get there. Whoever gets Chicago in the 2nd round is going to be in tough against a good team who just had a week off and will be brimming with confidence after their strong season and opening round sweep of the useless Wild.

Yep, just have to get it in gear no matter who we play.

Any opinions about Jocyln?
I didn't see the game thursday, so just seeing him tonight on HNIC
Can't be worse than Alberts/Barker can he? :o

Jocyln wasn't too noticeable so that was a good thing. Baker was atrocious. Just horrible. The guy is afraid to take a hit and Bales all the time. Corrodo was OK. A few mistakes but nothing glaring. He has game and I think he will be fine. Alberts has been very very good down the stretch. I have been impressed with his game. Ballard is Ballard.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Wild owner Leipold says "We think our team is very much like the Kings."

You are the only one that thinks that way there Craig.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

herb wrote:Wild owner Leipold says "We think our team is very much like the Kings."

You are the only one that thinks that way there Craig.
I for one would be thrilled if they could be like the Kings and knock off the President Trophy winning team in the first round.