The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:UDL paddy is gold. Probably a top 5 poster for myself back in the day, He doesn't need to have a bunch of posts to stack up against the Klitts of the world. I vouch for his sorry ass in a heartbeat, though his sidekick Pacific Blues act is getting old.
Ok I remember him but this Leaf-love crap is getting to me :evil:
Why he challenges people to bet on the fuckin Bruins or else claim we're pussy is fucked. If it was a worthwhile bet I'd be all over it but the whole notion of betting on any of the Laffs, Bruins or Habs is just gay.
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Arachnid wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
Mëds wrote:A Toronto/Montreal 1st round match up would be great for the TV ratings across Canada. Toronto has the edge in that series if Price doesn't pull things together. Montreal wins by committee, they don't have any on forward or defenseman who can carry them. That being said, Toronto has no real goaltending, and that is their weakness. Both Reimer and Scrivens can heat up and play some good hockey, but the fact is they can't compete with Price. If Price plays is usual game then he's a match for even a red hot Reimer.

I think this series goes 7 games regardless. Price will be the difference though.
Uh? Reimer has a 922 save %, top 5 in the Entire NHL. It's going to be higher after tonight. How can you say they don't have goaltending?

Reimer:
29 17 6 5 1634 67 863 2.46 .922

You're laughably underrating their goaltending.
Ahhhh like timing, where were you the last 2 games when you goalies were shitting the bed?

Punta, you know nothing of hockey and your mom is calling you to do your own crusty laundry.
So I'm being told a 48 game season isn't enough to judge Reimer, but 1 single game is? (The Washington loss had Scrivens in net). And Reimer still played pretty good in their loss top the Isles.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:UDL paddy is gold. Probably a top 5 poster for myself back in the day, He doesn't need to have a bunch of posts to stack up against the Klitts of the world. I vouch for his sorry ass in a heartbeat, though his sidekick Pacific Blues act is getting old.
Ok I remember him but this Leaf-love crap is getting to me :evil:
Why he challenges people to bet on the fuckin Bruins or else claim we're pussy is fucked. If it was a worthwhile bet I'd be all over it but the whole notion of betting on any of the Laffs, Bruins or Habs is just gay.
Soooo gay.

He seems to have trouble with the idea that I don't give shit what happens to the leaves. Win or lose its a non event.
The only issue I have is I'm sick and tired of hearing about the leaves on Everybelectronic device I turn on and every major Canadian newspaper.... That part sucks ass
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote:Soooo gay.

He seems to have trouble with the idea that I don't give shit what happens to the leaves. Win or lose its a non event.
The only issue I have is I'm sick and tired of hearing about the leaves on Everybelectronic device I turn on and every major Canadian newspaper.... That part sucks ass
No, you have the problem.

If you do not give a shit, then why do Paddy's comments or anyone's irk you so much?

Like it or not, the leaves have made the playoffs. Like it or not, their goaltending has been part the reason. The main reason however is, they score goals.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Topper wrote:

If you do not give a shit, then why do Paddy's comments or anyone's irk you so much?

Like it or not, the leaves have made the playoffs. Like it or not, their goaltending has been part the reason. The main reason however is, they score goals.
+1 :lol:
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:

Maybe but I'm not bitter or concerned that the leaves made the playoffs, I'm not particularly worried if they make the the second round and actually if they take out a few bruins or penguins with concussions or whatever I might even be grateful if it somehow helped the Canucks.

What I don't give a shit about is cheering for the leaves, betting on them, having a special thread for them or otherwise discussing them other than in general terms like I would about any other hockey team.

I don't hate their players much except maybe phanuef and I wouldn't be upset at all if Reimer ends up being their MVP other than I now have a hate on for Nonis that is brand new.

Simply what irks me is the amount of coverage the leaves get everywhere and now its here too....
But your right about one thing I can always not respond to threads like this one

However, the way the boards have gone all zombie apocalypse with the disappearance of so many regulars its beginning to feel like the lockout and I feel like filling dead band width with bullshit again...

:)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Flames have a special thread.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Maybe but I'm not bitter or concerned that the leaves made the playoffs,

LMAO...you really need to come to terms with yourself, uk.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:
However, the way the boards have gone all zombie apocalypse with the disappearance of so many regulars its beginning to feel like the lockout and I feel like filling dead band width with bullshit again...

Ya feeling a little lonely that some of the regulars who had your back are no longer there for you? :devil:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:than I now have a hate on for Nonis that is brand new.

Why is this? Just curious. I may be wrong but this sounds like sour grapes on your part for Nonis not bending over to appease Mike Gillis trade demands surrounding Luongo. Here's a hint, Nonis owes Gillis, the Canucks and Canuck fans nothing. His job is for the best interests of the leaves, not Gillis. Gillis was completely classless at his hiring on his public opinions regarding the past management. If anyone who needs lessons on class, it's Gillis. Your hate on for Nonis comes across as nothing more than pure jealousy of how well he's done with them. The leaves have made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. He refused to sell the farm for a ridiculous contract for a 34 year old goalie. He was fully confident that Reimer and Scrivens would get the job done and lo and behold, they did.

I just love the cherry on the top though for Nonis job well done, by trading for O'Byrne at the Deadline, the exact type of player this organization needs right now. Another dropped ball by Gillis as we will have no RH D-men for the playoffs, other than an OHL'er rookie maybe, named Corrado. Touche

I just love the first two moves Nonis made as soon as he was named the leaves GM. He got rid of useless shite in Connolly and Lombardi. I just wish that Gillis was BOLD enough to do the same with Booth and Ballard.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Do you have a feeling that the Islanders or the Capitals will go very far? Because those are the only playoff teams with more goals against than Toronto. They've allowed 13 more goals than any of the playoff bound Canadian teams. Their GA is closer to the Oilers (TO @ 113, EDM @ 115).

What I'm trying to say is, when you're in the bottom-half of the league in GA, I don't like your chances of doing much in the playoffs. Especially away @ Boston, a better defensive team, with a better goalie, and a much better goal differential (same for Montreal BTW).

As Canucks fans know, scoring is harder in the playoffs.

I imagine we can forgive Leaf fans for this mistake. It's been a while :lol:
I find this earlier response to Paddy's thread here quite interesting. The two hottest teams in the Eastern Conference heading into the playoffs are, yes, you guessed it, the Capitals and Islanders.

The Capitals are 9-1-0 and the Islanders are 8-0-2

You must always be wary of teams heading into the playoffs who are on a hot streak.

The Islanders, leaves and Washington are the bottom 3 in Goals against of the Eastern Conference playoff teams

Islanders - 131
leaves - 124
Capitals - 123

In Goals For of Eastern Conference playoff teams

Capitals are 2nd best behind the Penguins with 140
leaves are 4th best with 138
Islanders are 5th best with 134 (Michael Grabner 2nd on team behind Tavares with 16 goals)

BUT WHEN COMPARING BOTH CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAMS AT THE MOMENT, The Blackhawks only rate higher than the Capitals, leaves and Islanders in goals for. The Canucks are 4th in the Western in Conference in GF with 121 goals.

It's interesting that in the Eastern Conference Goal Scoring is what's working and in the Western Conference it's the opposite whereas Goals Against is getting the job done

It may come down to GA vs GF in the Stanley Cup this year

Either way, I don't have much faith in the Canucks as we saw in the Finals agains the Bruins that we couldn't score and in the first round against the Kings we couldn't score. So the long and short of it is, Goals Against does us no fucking good. And that in the end, goal scoring will be our nemesis once again. And our strength - goaltending, is going to be taken to task with the loss of our only two RH D-men in Bieksa and Tanev. Should have traded for O'Byrne, Gillis ya nimrod.

The bottom line is, if the Canucks miraculously make it to the Finals, our goaltending is going to have to be lights out in order for us to win. Cause scoring and the PP is not our forte. It hasn't been since that infamous Bruins game half way through last season. Nice job fixing that, Gillis.

Grabner - 16 goals
Hodgson - 15 goals

Kassian 1 goal in his last 28 games
Booth 1 empty net goal in 11 games.

and please, no whining about CoHo's and Grabners defense. Kassian and Booth are no better.

This year

Grabner is a PLUS 4
Booth is a minus 3
CoHo is a minus 5
KASSIAN IS A MINUS 7

How the fuck does Kassian be a minus 7 on a defense first team like the Canucks? I can understand CoHo's stats cause the Sabres suck at defense but Kassian?
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:The Flames have a special thread.
True, but they are so much fun to laugh at as you have pointed out on many occasions ...

Besides the oil and flames and jets and senators fans all suffer from the same overdose of leaf mania anyway...

Perhaps I feel some kinship in that regard ...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Ya feeling a little lonely that some of the regulars who had your back are no longer there for you? :devil:
Hey absolutely No One had my back during the lockout. I managed to piss off almost all the regular posters and probably got all the way to the top of The List all in my own...in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote:in fact if not for your constant trolling being such an easy target...

Anyway yeah I miss not only the banter but the insight as well...
WRONG! You just have a problem with my opinions and so to help yourself sleep at night, ya just chalk me up as a troll. Yes, I am opinionated and my opinions are not popular around here, but they are all within the realms of good ole hockey debating. You just can't handle it and by thaty get all ad hominem by calling me a troll in which that means, you lose.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:than I now have a hate on for Nonis that is brand new.

Why is this? Just curious. I may be wrong but this sounds like sour grapes on your part for Nonis not bending over to appease Mike Gillis trade demands surrounding Luongo. Here's a hint, Nonis owes Gillis, the Canucks and Canuck fans nothing. His job is for the best interests of the leaves, not Gillis. Gillis was completely classless at his hiring on his public opinions regarding the past management. If anyone who needs lessons on class, it's Gillis. Your hate on for Nonis comes across as nothing more than pure jealousy of how well he's done with them. The leaves have made the playoffs for the first time in 9 years. He refused to sell the farm for a ridiculous contract for a 34 year old goalie. He was fully confident that Reimer and Scrivens would get the job done and lo and behold, they did.

I just love the cherry on the top though for Nonis job well done, by trading for O'Byrne at the Deadline, the exact type of player this organization needs right now. Another dropped ball by Gillis as we will have no RH D-men for the playoffs, other than an OHL'er rookie maybe, named Corrado. Touche

I just love the first two moves Nonis made as soon as he was named the leaves GM. He got rid of useless shite in Connolly and Lombardi. I just wish that Gillis was BOLD enough to do the same with Booth and Ballard.

I got a new hate on for Nonis because as a Burnaby native he has added himself to the list of Toronto assholes who have tried to stick it to Vancouver. You're right he doesn't owe the Vancouver franchise anything and needs to do the best job he can for the leaves but he could do that easily enough without taking the low road that he did with Luongo...

Fuck him from now on...