The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by Arachnid »

mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:The Habs would very hard pressed to part with Price as they JUST signed him to his current 6 year contract last summer.

I can't find whether or not Price has a NMC though.
Pretty sure I didn't say anything in my post about getting rid of Price *looks at it again* Yep, didn't say that.
I said maybe they want a veteran goalie that is proven to be consistent. We could take Budaj and two second rounders and they have a Native Montrealer that no one will complain about his contract...(not in English anyways)
And they'll have one goalie with a 6.5M cap hit and a 2nd goalie with a 5.33M cap hit...
What they'll have is one of the best tandems in the league :D And a Frenchie/Italian!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Oh my gawd, hold the presses Scrivens has let in 5 goals! Against a hot team!

Where's Big Gunta now?! 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

A Toronto/Montreal 1st round match up would be great for the TV ratings across Canada. Toronto has the edge in that series if Price doesn't pull things together. Montreal wins by committee, they don't have any on forward or defenseman who can carry them. That being said, Toronto has no real goaltending, and that is their weakness. Both Reimer and Scrivens can heat up and play some good hockey, but the fact is they can't compete with Price. If Price plays is usual game then he's a match for even a red hot Reimer.

I think this series goes 7 games regardless. Price will be the difference though.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Mëds wrote:A Toronto/Montreal 1st round match up would be great for the TV ratings across Canada. Toronto has the edge in that series if Price doesn't pull things together. Montreal wins by committee, they don't have any on forward or defenseman who can carry them. That being said, Toronto has no real goaltending, and that is their weakness. Both Reimer and Scrivens can heat up and play some good hockey, but the fact is they can't compete with Price. If Price plays is usual game then he's a match for even a red hot Reimer.

I think this series goes 7 games regardless. Price will be the difference though.
If Toronto plays the Habs in round 1 its over in 5 Price is off his game and is getting lit up again tonight (Broken record) and if they play the Bruins they beat the Bruins who lost AGAIN today Thats 5 of 7 they have lost and have been going at only a 500 clip since the begining of March Hell Boston lost 2 games over the 1st 2 months in regulation... Sidenote Milan Lucic HEALTHY SCRATCH Nathan Horton hurt in fight with Iginla... Im sure both teams are salivating over playing Toronto in round 1 sorta like were hoping to play the Blues in round 1...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mëds wrote:A Toronto/Montreal 1st round match up would be great for the TV ratings across Canada. Toronto has the edge in that series if Price doesn't pull things together. Montreal wins by committee, they don't have any on forward or defenseman who can carry them. That being said, Toronto has no real goaltending, and that is their weakness. Both Reimer and Scrivens can heat up and play some good hockey, but the fact is they can't compete with Price. If Price plays is usual game then he's a match for even a red hot Reimer.

Uh? Reimer has a 922 save %, top 5 in the Entire NHL. It's going to be higher after tonight. How can you say they don't have goaltending?

Reimer:
29 17 6 5 1634 67 863 2.46 .922

You're laughably underrating their goaltending.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Toronto 2 pts shy of Boston who are in freefall for home ice 4 pts shy of the Habs for 2nd in the conference but neither team fears them... Habs give up another 5 tonight Jack Ass Edwards the Bruins cheerleader err play by man compares Matt Cooke to Sirhan Sirhan Milan Lucic and his 6 goals on the year a healthy scratch Bruins lost 5 of 7 Habs have lost 6 0f 8 but the Laffs have no chance against neither?? PuhLEEZZZEEEEEE....
If any Uncles,Spiders are still feeling confident to put a lil friendly wager feel free to offer up I'll take that action vs either Bruins or Habs...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

There's nothing scary about Boston right now. leaves can beat them. Although I hope they face Montreal. Haven't faced them since 79'.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Dan Cluotier
Reg season-2002-2003 Canucks 57 33 16 7 - 2 136 1,477 .908 2.42 3,376
Playoffs- 2002-2003 Canucks 14 7 7 0 45 341 .868 3.24 833

Holy fuck...look how awesome he was....regular season. and he actually was dominant.

Now there's no reason to believe Reimer will implode like Danny boy but nothing, absolutely NOTHING about his play during the regular season is relevant UNTIL he has proven ANYTHING once the games actually matter.

A little premature with your ejaculations dontcha think?
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Dan Cluotier

Holy fuck...look how awesome he was....regular season. and he actually was dominant.

Now there's no reason to believe Reimer will implode like Danny boy but nothing, absolutely NOTHING about his play during the regular season is relevant UNTIL he has proven ANYTHING once the games actually matter.

Why say the leaves have "No Goaltending" though? That's ridiculous. The numbers don't lie. He's been a legit #1 NHl goalie this season.

What has Carey Price proven in the playoffs? He sat on the bench the only time the Habs won anything in the playoffs in his career.

And BTW- a 908 save % is not impressive.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:Dan Cluotier

Why say the leaves have "No Goaltending" though? That's ridiculous. The numbers don't lie. He's been a legit #1 NHl goalie this season.

What has Carey Price proven in the playoffs? He sat on the bench the only time the Habs won anything in the playoffs in his career.

And BTW- a 908 save % is not impressive.
The leaves do have goaltending...it's just unproven and inexperienced.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

paddy wrote:Toronto 2 pts shy of Boston who are in freefall for home ice 4 pts shy of the Habs for 2nd in the conference but neither team fears them... Habs give up another 5 tonight Jack Ass Edwards the Bruins cheerleader err play by man compares Matt Cooke to Sirhan Sirhan Milan Lucic and his 6 goals on the year a healthy scratch Bruins lost 5 of 7 Habs have lost 6 0f 8 but the Laffs have no chance against neither?? PuhLEEZZZEEEEEE....
If any Uncles,Spiders are still feeling confident to put a lil friendly wager feel free to offer up I'll take that action vs either Bruins or Habs...
They have a good chance against Boston. The Bruins are in a funk, just like the leaves. Rask has been very good this year, but hasn't been able to carry the team of late.

So same story in Boston as in Montreal.....only I don't think it is Rask that has hit a slump, just the team in front of him.

Price CAN be the difference. And I said in my post that he needs to get back to his game. As he's playing now Montreal is done if 4 or 5 regardless of who they play.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Almost everything about the leaves is inexperienced. They are tied for being the NHL's youngest team.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote:Almost everything about the leaves is inexperienced. They are tied for being the NHL's youngest team.
Honestly, I wouldn't have traded for Luongo or Kipper either if I were Nonuts. They don't really have a team about to contend so I was scratching my head why he was trying so hard.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTtiCQpQNJ8

Jack Ass Edwards at it again comparing Matt Cooke to a guy who killed a Presidential Nominee

Jack Ass Edwards apologizing... Paddy wants to know if Jack Ass Edwards has ever seen Brad Marchand play???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1IgorWAHxw
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

BigTuna wrote:

Uh? Reimer has a 922 save %, top 5 in the Entire NHL. It's going to be higher after tonight. How can you say they don't have goaltending?

Reimer:
29 17 6 5 1634 67 863 2.46 .922

You're laughably underrating their goaltending.
Ahhhh like timing, where were you the last 2 games when you goalies were shitting the bed?

Punta, you know nothing of hockey and your mom is calling you to do your own crusty laundry.