The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by dbr »

Mëds wrote:No. Getting shutout 4-0 on home ice and losing by the widest margin ever in a Stanley Cup deciding game is the worst choke job in playoff game 7 history.

Who gives a shit about the first round in a team's first playoff appearance in almost a decade.
Pretty sure the Penguins completed their finals victory over the North Stars with an 8-0 romp..

Edit: I think the stat you were looking for is the largest margin of loss in stanley cup finals game seven history. Since there have only been sixteen of them it's hardly an extensive history (ie. the sample size sucks) but surprisingly there are two other 4-0 defeats in SCF game 7 history: the 1964 Maple leaves over the Red Wings and the 1965 Canadiens over the Blackhawks.

I won't bother to speculate as to whose was "the worst choke job" because I don't give a shit..
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Uncle dans leg wrote: I'll give that team some credit though...they almost had the Bruins.
They nearly neat a Bruins team that for much of the series seemed uninterested in actually playing. The times when the Bruins decided to show up (about 20 minutes a game on average) they completely dominated the leaves in every area of the ice. I mentioned earlier that the Bruins seem to suffer the same thing as the canucks the past couple seasons....they expect everybody to simply roll over for them and are surprised when they don't and they need to put forth an effort.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

ukcanuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hank wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watching all the loud, obnoxious Leaves fan quietly slink out of the sports bar, all dejected and crying in their jerseys...

Worse choke job in playoff game 7 history!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No. Getting shutout 4-0 on home ice and losing by the widest margin ever in a Stanley Cup deciding game is the worst choke job in playoff game 7 history.

Who gives a shit about the first round in a team's first playoff appearance in almost a decade.
Jebus Mëds
Perhaps you should wring the urine out of your " we are all Canucks" card...its starting to reek pretty bad... Embarrassing really :crazy:
Mëds just needs to chill a bit. Tone down the cranky old man with bladder control issues schtick. Yeah, we're all disappointed with our Canucks too.

Up 4-1 with 10 minutes to play in game 7, against a foe missing their top 3 d-men is an epic choke.

Getting hammered by a foe in 4 out of 7 games with a good portion of your team suspended or seriously injured is just an epic beatdown.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!