The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: The leaves will win atleast 2 rounds in the East

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Boston Canucker wrote: Wow, those predictions are just crazy crackers. I mean, as we know, anything can happen, but saying the leaves are on par with Boston!? Truth be told, I now hate Boston so much I'd hold my nose for a Toronto round 1 win over Boston to get the satisfaction of watching the local chuckleheads take the dirt nap. But I don't see that happening if they play...and they picked a Leaf to be a contender for every trophy!

Man, Burke liked to say Toronto was a tough place to play b/c of all the media/fan attention...but it's the opposite, too much adoration. In Canucks-world, apparently there are still tickets available for Game 1...we want a Cup, end of story.

Shit is hilarious.
Nope, gotta go with Boston over the Laffers

Ducks -
Priced from: $29.99 USD
1,937 tickets left
:eh:

Hawks -
Priced from: $20.00 USD
1,734 tickets left
:o

Kings -
Priced from: $10.00 USD
2,413 tickets left
:wow:

Canucks -
Priced from: $115.00 USD
254 tickets left
:(

I'm gonna have to get down to Cali for some Canucks games....
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote: Wow, those predictions are just crazy crackers. I mean, as we know, anything can happen, but saying the leaves are on par with Boston!? Truth be told, I now hate Boston so much I'd hold my nose for a Toronto round 1 win over Boston to get the satisfaction of watching the local chuckleheads take the dirt nap. But I don't see that happening if they play...and they picked a Leaf to be a contender for every trophy!

Man, Burke liked to say Toronto was a tough place to play b/c of all the media/fan attention...but it's the opposite, too much adoration. In Canucks-world, apparently there are still tickets available for Game 1...we want a Cup, end of story.

Shit is hilarious.
Nope, gotta go with Boston over the Laffers
In every other case I'd be with you, but gauging my schadenfreude meter, a leaves first round loss hits a 10, but post 2011, a Bruins loss hits 11, Spinal Tap style! I grant, this is as much based on living in enemy territory.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Let the whining commence! Am I the only one that finds this hilarious?

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/05/ ... -cheating/

If our team is going to shit the bed night after playoff night then we have to enjoy something! :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Spent some time today listening to Toronto talk media. Interesting climate there. It seems that most agree on a few things:

1) Reimer has not proven he is playoff ready
2) Reimer has not played well enough
3) Reimer has let in some pretty bad goals on a consistent basis
4) The team would be stronger in net with a proven number one.

Where they disagree and it seems pretty split is whether Luongo is that guy. The debate has begun as to whether Nonis missed the boat in not getting the Luongo deal done and some now openly saying with Luongo in net they would be able to beat the Bruins (they obviously didn't watch our series against the Bruins :mrgreen: )

Then those on the other side. Most of whom seem to reluctantly admit Luongo would be a good addition but their reasons for not wanting to get him are strange.

1) Biggest reason is they don't want to do anything to help Vancouver out of their cap hell mess. Let Vancouver clean up their own mess
2) Don't want to spent 5 million on a goalie because you don't need to spend that much to be successful. Want to spend the money on fixing other problems even though they don't have cap hell approaching.

But the debate is getting interesting now that they are likely to get knocked out in the next game or two. Shannon was asked if he were running the leaves if he would trade Luongo straight up for Diana. He said in a heartbeat. Someone asked him why he would want to do Vancouver such a big favour. He responded trading Diana to the Canucks is not doing them a favour. I LOL at that one.

Anyway it seems the Toronto media is staring to now critique the no trade by Nonis and he is starting to take some heat. Some however have said he had to find out what he had in Reimer and now he knows. Reimer needs to be a back up the story goes and learn from one of the best in the world. I don't think Reimer would make a good back up. He needs to play a lot and if memory serves me well I think he plays pretty poorly after being off for a while. But I love now how the debate is starting.

Diana is also taking a lot of heat for his bonehead plays at the wrong time in games, something we saw a lot of in Calgary. Some are now clamouring for him to be traded so the leaves can get a decent return and cap reduction.

I love how they make the playoffs and the fans develop these unreasonable expectations them implode when they fail to beat Boston.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Hockey Widow wrote:Spent some time today listening to Toronto talk media. Interesting climate there. It seems that most agree on a few things:

Where they disagree and it seems pretty split is whether Luongo is that guy. The debate has begun as to whether Nonis missed the boat in not getting the Luongo deal done and some now openly saying with Luongo in net they would be able to beat the Bruins (they obviously didn't watch our series against the Bruins :mrgreen: )

Then those on the other side. Most of whom seem to reluctantly admit Luongo would be a good addition but their reasons for not wanting to get him are strange.

1) Biggest reason is they don't want to do anything to help Vancouver out of their cap hell mess. Let Vancouver clean up their own mess
2) Don't want to spent 5 million on a goalie because you don't need to spend that much to be successful. Want to spend the money on fixing other problems even though they don't have cap hell approaching.

But the debate is getting interesting now that they are likely to get knocked out in the next game or two. Shannon was asked if he were running the leaves if he would trade Luongo straight up for Diana. He said in a heartbeat. Someone asked him why he would want to do Vancouver such a big favour. He responded trading Diana to the Canucks is not doing them a favour. I LOL at that one.

Anyway it seems the Toronto media is staring to now critique the no trade by Nonis and he is starting to take some heat. Some however have said he had to find out what he had in Reimer and now he knows. Reimer needs to be a back up the story goes and learn from one of the best in the world. I don't think Reimer would make a good back up. He needs to play a lot and if memory serves me well I think he plays pretty poorly after being off for a while. But I love now how the debate is starting.

Diana is also taking a lot of heat for his bonehead plays at the wrong time in games, something we saw a lot of in Calgary. Some are now clamouring for him to be traded so the leaves can get a decent return and cap reduction.

I love how they make the playoffs and the fans develop these unreasonable expectations them implode when they fail to beat Boston.
I tried to tell everyone HW, don't believe th hype... my nice little meek and humble voice lost in the bile coming out of CFV 8-)
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Arachnid wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Spent some time today listening to Toronto talk media. Interesting climate there. It seems that most agree on a few things:

I tried to tell everyone HW, don't believe th hype... my nice little meek and humble voice lost in the bile coming out of CFV 8-)
Its got to be troubling for u a Spidey fighting the urge to cheer for a team that took away probably the only chance that we will both have in our lifetime to actually win a Stanley Cup... Be Honest Spidey how good does it feel to cheer for Brad Marchand,Gregory Campbell watching Claude Julien behind the bench or Adam McQuaid do their thing on the ice... Do you tune into the Bruins tv network in between periods to listen to the great tv commentator Mike Milbury...

Do u remember what Milbury said about us 2 yrs ago??? god bless you Spidey for putting everything that Boston put this city through during the final and the aftermath and being able to cheer for them with those memories burned in your head... Sorta like the Riot...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The talk in Toronto is just that, talk. Spurred on by a very emotional series with the B's.

Tonight Reimer was outstanding and you'll probably hear on Toronto radio how everything is good again and Reimer is the future.

I gotta hand it to the Laughs. Winning 2 in Boston ain't easy. Can they win the next one to push it to game 7? Would be a heck of a story if they could. It's pretty intriguing in a puke-in-your-mouth-and-taste-your-lunch sort of way.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

My god Who had the balls to actually put this out there that this could actually Happen??? It should be a helluva game tomorrow night helluva series thus far...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

paddy wrote:My god Who had the balls to actually put this out there that this could actually Happen??? It should be a helluva game tomorrow night helluva series thus far...
You are looking like a genius here Paddy. The leaves are slaying it right now. Nonis was right to walk away from taking that Luongo contract. He's getting quality goaltending.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
paddy wrote:My god Who had the balls to actually put this out there that this could actually Happen??? It should be a helluva game tomorrow night helluva series thus far...
You are looking like a genius here Paddy. The leaves are slaying it right now. Nonis was right to walk away from taking that Luongo contract. He's getting quality goaltending.
In 2 of 6 games so far.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

EPIC choke job tonight by the Leaves! :)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Luongo would have held the leaves in it ...
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

LOL, very Canuck like game 7 by the leaves! :mrgreen:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

leaves got fucked by the refs...and i dont ever cheer for the leaves...except for tonight...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I love being right :drink: