2013 Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Draft

Post by dbr »

All the noise being made about the quality of this draft (and the clear posturing some teams are doing looking for a big return on their top 10 pick) suggests to me that teams at the top of the draft are going to have to be bowled over to move their pick.

If this is a draft like 2003 or 2008 where you have 10-15 real high end prospects coming out of the first round then it's definitely one to try to make a move - hopefully there is a GM who doesn't see this draft that way (or simply doesn't care) because otherwise it's going to take a huge return to convince these guys to pass up a shot at a young top six forward or top four defenseman on a dirt cheap contract in the next few years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 2h

Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Benjo wrote:
Gare Joyce ‏@GareJoyceNHL 2h

Re Nikushkin: Sr scouts all laughed. Sez 1 "Don't remember worse combine. Quit tests, brutal intervu. Shame. as talented." #NHL #draft
Yeah, if that wasn't a warning light. If Gillis trades up, I doubt it would be for him no matter the chatter.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If I remember correctly Kopitar had horrible interviews, had a reputation as lazy and un-coachable and his physical commitment was also questioned. He dropped pretty far int he draft and so much so, even though we needed a centre, we pick Luc. Just saying.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:If I remember correctly Kopitar had horrible interviews, had a reputation as lazy and un-coachable and his physical commitment was also questioned. He dropped pretty far int he draft and so much so, even though we needed a centre, we pick Luc. Just saying.
Good memory, I swear some of this stuff gets purposely leaked so a player could drop in the draft and be available later on.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So where are we picking? The draft order should be finalized except who gets 29 and 30th...so where will we pick?
If you need air...call it in
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

^ 24th

I hope there's a big Canadian centre available.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

herb wrote:^ 24th

I hope there's a big Canadian centre available.
Christ! After sucking so bad like that they shouldve at least got a pick in the teens ffs.

Yay. We won our shitty little division of shitty little teams.
Reap the rewards
:scowl:
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:If I remember correctly Kopitar had horrible interviews, had a reputation as lazy and un-coachable and his physical commitment was also questioned. He dropped pretty far int he draft and so much so, even though we needed a centre, we pick Luc. Just saying.
Hmmm.. maybe. I can't remember, but I remember he was comapred to a Forsberg with size and I remember a lot of posters on the old board wanted him. I seem to recall like with a lot of bigger players, skating might of been an issue. Also, being a kid from Slovenia, like many euros, his english may not have been the best and he seems like more of the introverted type, so it could have been misconstrued as having a bad attitude and being lazy.

On the other hand, Bourdon was a pretty good skater for his size and was compared to a jovo type. Nonis probably figured he had Hank already and he had Kes coming along, so he wanted to bolster his blueline for the future and add Bourdon to Edler, Bieksa.
Last edited by Todd Bersnoozi on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hard to argue wit the Luc pick, it was not a bad selection. Just remembering there was a lot of scare talk surrounding Kopitar at the time.
The only HW the Canucks need
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

We sure could have used Luc this playoff. Talk about soft D. Let us all down.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Luc was gonna be a good defenseman. Good Size, Good Skill, Tough, Good shot, Good Hockey Sense, Great Skater, Great Puck Mover...he pretty much had a starting role one in those last few games of the season he played with us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Luc was gonna be a good defenseman. Good Size, Good Skill, Tough, Good shot, Good Hockey Sense, Great Skater, Great Puck Mover...he pretty much had a starting role one in those last few games of the season he played with us.
Semi-tough....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strong rumors that the Avalanche are going to take a forward, apparently McKinnon. I don't blame them, hard to pass him up.

McKinnon
Landeskog
Duschene
O'Reilly

Not a bad looking group

Still think Florida takes a forward as well. Drouin and Huberdeau make for a real good duo

Tampa snaps Jones up but Edmonton is going to offer Yakupov straight up for the pick, if Jones is there, draft Jones and then draft Nurse at 7. The Oilers take the two towering Negro's and there defense, with Schultz and Klebom, all of a sudden look outstanding.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Two towering negroes..........It isn't fucking basketball dude.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”