Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by Arachnid »

ukcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Luongo only slight upgrade over Reimer!?
Yeah you lost me right there...perhaps you need to check the label on your shorts I think they might be royal blue and white...
If Luongo isn't better this year than Reimer (and he's not), then what's the point? He's 34 and signed for 9 years. Why give up on 25 year-old Reimer exactly? His performance thus far in his career has been very solid.

BTW-Another solid game by Reimer last night, allowing only 1 goal in a 2-1 leaves win. His save % is now .919

I'm confused why the decision should be he can never be a starter in the NHl and bring in Luongo.
Come back when your arent tying to compare one and half middling seasons to the body of work Luongo has including vezina considerations, massive win/loss record and an oly gold.
Your making an obvious and pitiful attempt to undervalue Luongo and over estimate Reimer

You know what RD perhaps your sock puppet should maybe just go away now, twice the amount if trollage isn't better :)
Ahhhh post-season is everything in'tit mate?!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Too right Mate!
Murder the wankers!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
What makes you think you can come on here and destroy my pages and pages of rants with common sense?!?!?! :mad: :mrgreen:
Don't worry HW. That theory falls apart when you factor in the leaves pursuing Kiprusoff, going so far as to offer him an extension. It's obvious they don't trust their goaltending.
How much of that Kiprusoff offer/extension was verified fact and how much was media spin ?

How many times in the past playoffs have we seen a unproven goaltender come along and play above expectations?

Team chemistry and momentum are important intangible qualities in hockey.
Bringing in Luongo or Kiprusoff or any other veteran to replace Reimer at this point would destroy the team chemistry that got the leaves to where they are now.
Just making the playoffs is enough for them this season,if they lose in the 1st round it will not be a big deal there
like it would be here.They'll call the season a success and optimistically look ahead to next season.

Nonis coming back at the Gillis with
expectations of the Canucks taking part of Lou's salary at the last minute when he knew that the Gillis would never go for that tells me he was never really serious anyways.And for what the Gillis was going to let lou go for, I'm glad it didn't happen and feel there is significantly more value in keeping lou as a back-up for the rest of the season.

He would've hated it in TO anyways
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
BigTuna wrote: LOL. SO what do you expect for Luongo that Toronto doesn't have?
A quality third line centre. We've since acquired a Centre that will allow us a 2A/2B combo. So yeah, there's nothing on Toronto's roster that we need.
Bozak can be that centre.
Derek Roy is better than Tyler Bozak. Even as a 3rd line Centre. Bozak is a minus player on a playoff team, Roy was a plus player on a weak Dallas squad. And we got him for relatively cheap. We'll get a better return on Luongo, and chances are he'll punish the leaves (when he's in their division for the next decade) for undervaluing him so much.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Derek Roy is better than Tyler Bozak. Even as a 3rd line Centre. Bozak is a minus player on a playoff team, Roy was a plus player on a weak Dallas squad. And we got him for relatively cheap. We'll get a better return on Luongo, and chances are he'll punish the leaves (when he's in their division for the next decade) for undervaluing him so much.
[/quote]

Where is Luongo going that he'll be in the leaves division?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Derek Roy is better than Tyler Bozak. Even as a 3rd line Centre.
Far better and Luongo is far better than Reimer.Not even sure why any of this is debatable. Reimer has better numbers in a lockout shortened season, BFD. He has never sustained good numbers for any length of time.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reminds me of Bester/ Wregget days.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: Derek Roy is better than Tyler Bozak. Even as a 3rd line Centre.
Far better and Luongo is far better than Reimer.Not even sure why any of this is debatable. Reimer has better numbers in a lockout shortened season, BFD. He has never sustained good numbers for any length of time.
Roy's best production days have passed. The poast two seasons, Bozak has been a more productive player. He's also a top faceoff guy.

And Reimer is a young player, so he hasn't had the chance to prove himself over a full season. Are we really going to not take anything he does seriously this year because it's a 48 games season?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BigTuna wrote: Roy's best production days have passed. The poast two seasons, Bozak has been a more productive player. He's also a top faceoff guy.
You're talking about a point/game guy as recently as 2010/2011. Coming back from a torn quad tendon probably isn't the easiest thing, so that might explain why Bozak was marginally better last year. This year Roy is putting up .72 PPG, Bozak is at .63 I should also point out that Roy is a career +43, while Bozak is a career -46.

Still think Bozak is a better player? I don't. Derek Roy can be a 1B centre in the NHL. Bozak can play spot-duty on a second line on some teams. Different calibre of player.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

ukCanuck said:
Come back when your arent tying to compare one and half middling seasons to the body of work Luongo has including vezina considerations, massive win/loss record and an oly gold.
Your making an obvious and pitiful attempt to undervalue Luongo and over estimate Reimer
hmm same could be said about Schneider?.. and almost winning a Vezina is like almost winning a horse race?

So please explain why TO would trade for a very long term expensive backup goaltender? ( yep I am guessing if he had gone to Toronto thats his job description )
Maybe he will be worth more in the offseason.. IF Reimer shits the bed in the playoffs or if Schneider does the same and they bring in Lou and he plays great ?
Or he could be worth less to toronto if Reimer has good numbers in the playoffs and Schneider does well or they put in Lou and he has a meltdown..
A lot can happen in the next months to either lower or raise Luongo's value..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Roy has averaged 60 + points a season while Bozak has averaged 40 + points a season. Roy is a much better player.

If anyone thinks Lu would be a backup in TO that person is a fucking idiot.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Roy has averaged 60 + points a season while Bozak has averaged 40 + points a season. Roy is a much better player.

If anyone thinks Lu would be a backup in TO that person is a fucking idiot.
:lol: STOP FEEDING THE TROLL :evil:

Especially the alternate lifestyle ones from the centre of the unknown universe 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Go Blue Jays
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote:What makes you think you can come on here and destroy my pages and pages of rants with common sense?!?!?! :mad: :mrgreen:
*haha* Well, alot of ppl here and around Vancouver think MG is this uber GM who can do no wrong and it was him who made the Canucks a top playoff contender the last few years. I think he did a good job, but I wouldn't say great. I'm of the camp that MG inherited alot of pieces from Nonis and was left in a pretty sweet situation because of his predecessor. So, I guess I look @ things a little differently.

BigTuna wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Luongo only slight upgrade over Reimer!?
Yeah you lost me right there...perhaps you need to check the label on your shorts I think they might be royal blue and white...
If Luongo isn't better this year than Reimer (and he's not), then what's the point? He's 34 and signed for 9 years. Why give up on 25 year-old Reimer exactly? His performance thus far in his career has been very solid.

I'm confused why the decision should be he can never be a starter in the NHl and bring in Luongo.
I agree with Big Tuna on this one. @ the beginning of the season, I would of said Lou would have been a huge upgrade over Reimer, but this season Reimer took a big step forward. Stats don't lie, this is a results orientated business and what have u done for me lately? This season alone, Reimer is having a better year over Lou.

Reimer - 24gp, 0.919 sv%, 14-5
Lou - 16gp, 0.904 sv%, 7-4

I luv Lou, but let's face it, he is no vezina type goalie like Hasek, Roy or Brodeur who can carry a team on his back in the playoffs. As discussed by others before, he's more like a modern day Curtis Joseph. Reimer is the guy who has been backstoppng the leaves back into the playoff picture, in a way, they owe it to him to go with the guy who has brought them there. If Lou was a Hasek/Brodeur calibre type goalie, he would be a huge upgrade for the leaves; however, he is clearly not, so it is not crucial for them to acquire him.

Uncle dans leg wrote:Plus he forgot to at least once say Lap-dawg or Ball-tard...
Reim-Dawg > Loutard. :lol:
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Topper wrote:Go Blue Jays
Toronto is such a fucked-up place, even a Cy Young winner cant win for them.