Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by coco_canuck »

BigTuna wrote: The extension talk is b.s. They can't even extend him anyways until the summer. Any talk regarding an extension would be a verbal agreement to extend him in the summer.
It can be as simple as, will you be open to remaining with us beyond this contract, yes or no. Making a deal and vaguely inquiring about desire are different things.

Let's just say none of that has happened, then why is the media reporting it unless it's misdirection coming from the leaves?

If it's misdirection, then you can say it's a bluff.
BigTuna wrote: If Luongo is a better option, why the hell hasn't he been traded yet?
Luo is a better goalie, whether Luo gets traded first or not doesn't change that.

Regardless, I've been on board with saying we should keep Luo for this season unless they get something that helps them now. A pick and prospect deal can be made in the summer, and even these pundits agree Luo can be had for that type of deal but VAN wants an immediate impact.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:According the Dreger ( take it for what it is worth) Kipper and the leaves are close to a deal. It would see him not reporting for the balance of this season. It would include a two year extension signed after July 5th for 2 extra years at 4-5 million per year. The keys, he gets to stay home with his wife and new born until training camp. He also gets a two year extension that pays him significant money to allow him the incentive to keep playing. The deal would be a low pick and conditionals once the extension is signed. One of the conditionals would be a goalie go back if the extension is signed.
Does anyone know about this child of kippersofts? I got a buddy who's claiming the kid is sickly and that's the real reason he's set to retire and won't report if traded?
If true, why would cheeseburgler want an old distracted goalie with a cap hit over the guys they got?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The hold up is Kipper having flashbacks of playing behind Dion.

At the end of the day, TO blows off Calgary and Vancouver and goes to LA for Bernier or stands pat.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:According the Dreger ( take it for what it is worth) Kipper and the leaves are close to a deal. It would see him not reporting for the balance of this season. It would include a two year extension signed after July 5th for 2 extra years at 4-5 million per year. The keys, he gets to stay home with his wife and new born until training camp. He also gets a two year extension that pays him significant money to allow him the incentive to keep playing. The deal would be a low pick and conditionals once the extension is signed. One of the conditionals would be a goalie go back if the extension is signed.
Does anyone know about this child of kippersofts? I got a buddy who's claiming the kid is sickly and that's the real reason he's set to retire and won't report if traded?
If true, why would cheeseburgler want an old distracted goalie with a cap hit over the guys they got?

Allegedly because they would agree he doesn't have to report this season and they keep their two goalies. Then once they extend him one of their goalies goes to Calgary. Kipper then doesn't have to report to Toronto until training camp.

It comes directly from Dreger and his sources. I call BS too.
The only HW the Canucks need
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: If true, why would cheeseburgler want an old distracted goalie with a cap hit over the guys they got?
The same reason the Cheeseburgler isn't here anymore...because he's a rat shit GM
If you need air...call it in
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Topper wrote:
At the end of the day, TO blows off Calgary and Vancouver and goes to LA for Bernier or stands pat.
Agree.

The biggest name to leave Vancouver today, if anything "exciting" happens at all, will be Mason Raymond.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Canucks apparently asking for either NIKOLAI KULEMIN or CLARKE MACARTHUR, a R Dman not named Komisarek and a 1st which can be made conditional, for Luongo.
Ew, I know that whatever return is going to be bad but that is just depressing.

It's hilarious watching the two sports channels covering the deadline waiting for the first trade to be made.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ORCA wrote:
The biggest name to leave Vancouver today, if anything "exciting" happens at all, will be Mason Raymond.
Well, it best be some offensive skill/goal scoring coming back cause scoring goals is an impossibility for us. That is, unless we we think that Roy's 4 goals puts our offense through the roof.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
ORCA wrote:
Well, it best be some offensive skill/goal scoring coming back cause scoring goals is an impossibility for us. That is, unless we we think that Roy's 4 goals puts our offense through the roof.
His 18 assists might help
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Allegedly because they would agree he doesn't have to report this season and they keep their two goalies. Then once they extend him one of their goalies goes to Calgary. Kipper then doesn't have to report to Toronto until training camp.

It comes directly from Dreger and his sources. I call BS too.
and the media has been feasting, alleging goalie controversy in Vancouver ...... wow, is Dregs desperate for something to discuss today.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

I actually like Kulemin.

He's a very strong skater who controls the puck very well in the offensive zone, especially down low. He's more of a top 9 forward than a 2nd line winger but he's someone who can definitely help this team.

Kulemin, a first & a D prospect isn't exactly a massive haul, but something I'd live with if I'm MG.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

coco_canuck wrote:I actually like Kulemin.

He's a very strong skater who controls the puck very well in the offensive zone, especially down low. He's more of a top 9 forward than a 2nd line winger but he's someone who can definitely help this team.

Kulemin, a first & a D prospect isn't exactly a massive haul, but something I'd live with if I'm MG.
The 1st would be the only real value. Does Randy trade that away after the whole Kessel fiasco though?
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: The 1st would be the only real value. Does Randy trade that away after the whole Kessel fiasco though?
Yeah, the first would be the future piece, but Kulemin is the type of top 9 winger for a playoff run they're looking for with guys like Clowe off the market.
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

As an aside...it is interesting to see what SN and TSN are doing to kill time.

Jay Onrait's blog is pretty funny.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kipper and his family have decided he will stay in Calgary for the rest of season and then announce his retirement. No go to Toronto or anywhere else. He has had extensive talks with Toronto but decided he wants to retire after this year.

Poor Dreger seems so despondent.
The only HW the Canucks need