Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by Hockey Widow »

According the Dreger ( take it for what it is worth) Kipper and the leaves are close to a deal. It would see him not reporting for the balance of this season. It would include a two year extension signed after July 5th for 2 extra years at 4-5 million per year. The keys, he gets to stay home with his wife and new born until training camp. He also gets a two year extension that pays him significant money to allow him the incentive to keep playing. The deal would be a low pick and conditionals once the extension is signed. One of the conditionals would be a goalie go back if the extension is signed.
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trade Deadline Day Trades and Rumours

Post by Tiger »

So, no Luongo deal with leaves or Panthers ? Looks like we got Ballard and Luongo for balance of the season at least :(..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Canucks apparently asking for either NIKOLAI KULEMIN or CLARKE MACARTHUR, a R Dman not named Komisarek and a 1st which can be made conditional, for Luongo.

Dmitry Kulikov from Panthers in play for the right player.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Joni Pitkanen out for the season with a serious leg injury, broken ankle. Jamie McBain may no longer be in play, depends upon whether they get L D back.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Pominville has provided a list of 8 teams he won't go to and is actively being shopped.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Deal for Vinny with Montreal was Price, Subban, Pacioretty and a 1st. Lawton said he could only get one owner in Tampa to agree the other said no way. Then Lawton got fired.

McLean says Nonis offered him Cory for Brule straight up but McClean didn't want to at the time because Cory was still in Boston and Brule was supposed to be the Crosby of the west.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

The ONLY reason I'm even watching today is because Luo is still in play other than that the Taranna Sports Network makes me wanna puke my coffee out

http://www.tsn.ca/live/TradeCentre2013/

Going to take the dog to the beach now, let me now if anything happens that does not involve a rumour and the Laughs :mex:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:The ONLY reason I'm even watching today is because Luo is still in play other than that the Taranna Sports Network makes me wanna puke my coffee out

http://www.tsn.ca/live/TradeCentre2013/

Going to take the dog to the beach now, let me now if anything happens that does not involve a rumour and the Laughs :mex:
Why watch. Does it really matter?

The last few years have been snooze fests until the final hour and the immediate post trade cutoff hours. This year, fewer players are apparently in play.

You want to watch Nonis's cousin and Bobby Mac in a circle jerk, go for it.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Being retired I have nothing better to do, except go to the gym and work out. I'll watch for you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Hockey Widow wrote:Deal for Vinny with Montreal was Price, Subban, Pacioretty and a 1st
Holy Christ almighty. That would've ended up ugly for MTL
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Deal for Vinny with Montreal was Price, Subban, Pacioretty and a 1st
Holy Christ almighty. That would've ended up ugly for MTL

I know eh. Tampa would have been set for years to come and I would go far enough to say they would have won another cup by now. By the way, Lawton said Vinny had waived to go, he was set to announce the deal and one of the owners vetoed it.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Why watch. Does it really matter?

The last few years have been snooze fests until the final hour
SO I hear? Speaking from experience? :mex:
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Alright, I've been watching for 2 hours and 8 minutes. Not one trade. I.m going to the gym. BBL
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

So the Flames are seriously considering taking Kipper over Luo?

Oh, and they want to extend Kipper by a year or two at a similar cap hit as now, taking him until he's almost 39-40...

How the fuck is that much different than taking Luo and his big contract years until he's 39-40?

MG is either scoffing at the bluff or laughing at the incompetence.

The best part is the talking heads agreeing it's the prefereable course of action to get Kipper than Luo.

Carry on pundits, carry on.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

coco_canuck wrote:So the Flames are seriously considering taking Kipper over Luo?

Oh, and they want to extend Kipper by a year or two at a similar cap hit as now, taking him until he's almost 39-40...

How the fuck is that much different than taking Luo and his big contract years until he's 39-40?

MG is either scoffing at the bluff or laughing at the incompetence.

The best part is the talking heads agreeing it's the prefereable course of action to get Kipper than Luo.

Carry on pundits, carry on.
The extension talk is b.s. They can't even extend him anyways until the summer. Any talk regarding an extension would be a verbal agreement to extend him in the summer.

If Luongo is a better option, why the hell hasn't he been traded yet?