Canucks Acquire Derek Roy

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire Derek Roy

Post by Island Nucklehead »

dangler wrote:
NO SHOT BLOCKING TONIGHT

Considering we're 28th in the league in that category... it might be tough to block less.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

If we keep winning I could care less how much Roy produces. Just having him in the lineup makes the top 9 more dangerous and more balanced.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
dangler wrote:
NO SHOT BLOCKING TONIGHT

Considering we're 28th in the league in that category... it might be tough to block less.
NO MORE INJURIES! (in regular season)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:Here's a question, how many more unproductive games before people start getting on Roy.

I'm saying he's only got a few. ;)
With only 4 goals, Roy will not get you out of your seats with goals, but he is a decent set up man.

What we need is more production from Zack '6 goals, 3 assists' Kassian.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

RoyalDude wrote:
Mondi wrote:Here's a question, how many more unproductive games before people start getting on Roy.

With only 4 goals, Roy will not get you out of your seats with goals, but he is a decent set up man.

Nope RD it will be ok.. Booth will come back like the second coming of Jerusalem Slim.. raining fire and brimstone on them heathen Chihawks etc... and score a multitude of goals .. none being empty netters. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy ;)
My Buddha did I say that?
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Tiger wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Nope RD it will be ok.. Booth will come back like the second coming of Jerusalem Slim.. raining fire and brimstone on them heathen Chihawks etc... and score a multitude of goals .. none being empty netters. I also believe in the Tooth Fairy ;)
My Buddha did I say that?
Jesus Fucking Christ guys, leave religion out of hockey! :evil:

8-)
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

re you seriously that limited in your thinking that you critisize Boothe for being a Christian? What a tough life you must have when someone else's beliefs bother you that much. :crazy:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Could you imagine the uproar if somebody said they couldn't stand Nazem Kadri because he is a muslim?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:Could you imagine the uproar if somebody said they couldn't stand Nazem Kadri because he is a muslim?
He is?! :shock: I'ma gonna throw a pig on the ice next time at a game :D

No one cared that Glen Anderson was gay and now look, the NHL is totally for Gay!

Religion is not even close to an issue on the ice, that is strictly an off ice issue with fans (and their judgmental hang-ups) and anyone that brings it up again (either pro, con or weird) should be strung up to a net and have pucks shot at them by Luo! 8-)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote: Religion is not even close to an issue on the ice, that is strictly an off ice issue with fans (and their judgmental hang-ups) and anyone that brings it up again (either pro, con or weird) should be strung up to a net and have pucks shot at them by Luo! 8-)
Mmmm, bacon!

Generally agree, but I think the pucks should be shot by Garrison.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Religion is not even close to an issue on the ice, that is strictly an off ice issue with fans (and their judgmental hang-ups) and anyone that brings it up again (either pro, con or weird) should be strung up to a net and have pucks shot at them by Luo! 8-)
Mmmm, bacon!

Edler. His shot is generally scarier than Garrison's because he always shoots on one's shins or head.... :lol:
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Jovocop wrote: Edler. His shot is generally scarier than Garrison's because he always shoots on one's shins or head.... :lol:
Sami Salo must hate Edler - one shot shatters his orbital bone and nose, another shot ruptures his testicle. With friends like these...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:
Mmmm, bacon!

I was think'n he would go 5-hole but miss :D
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Arachnid wrote: I was think'n he would go 5-hole but miss :D
Yeah, but Luongo can't handle the puck at all...at least Garrison would be in the close proximity of his target 1 out of 10 attempts!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:
Arachnid wrote: I was think'n he would go 5-hole but miss :D
Yeah, but Luongo can't handle the puck at all...at least Garrison would be in the close proximity of his target 1 out of 10 attempts!
He could shatter the glass and hit the goal judge (that judgemental bastard!) :wink: