Canucks buy Peoria Rivermen - AHL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Canucks buy Peoria Rivermen - AHL

Post by dbr »

So what is the "Wolf Howls" board going to be renamed?

"Comet Tails Tales"
"Comet Scrubs"
In a nod to the THINKER, "Comet Howls"
"Comet Streams"

Comet... something train related.....
Last edited by dbr on Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Comet Debris
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I like Comet Tales.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Comet scum. What I use comet to clean.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

So what is the "Wolf Howls" board going to be renamed?
Comet droppings.

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

- Cogwell Cog's
- Asteroid Aces
- Round Trip to Utica
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:So what is the "Wolf Howls" board going to be renamed?

"Comet Tails Tales"
"Comet Scrubs"
In a nod to the THINKER, "Comet Howls"
"Comet Streams"

Comet... something train related.....
Cometary Commentary. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Anyone hear about any AHL contracts that the Canucks have signed ? A few guys on 2 way deals but no AHL deals yet to my knowledge.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Here are a couple of Comets'.

Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Michael D. Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed centre Benn Ferriero and forward Brandon DeFazio.

Ferriero, 26, split the 2012.13 season between the New York Rangers (0-1-1 in four games played), the Connecticut Whale (4-8-12 in 23 games played) and the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (4-14-18 in 34 games played). The Boston, Massachusetts native has appeared in 96 career NHL games, collecting 23 points (14-9-23) and 25 penalty minutes in addition to one point (1-0-1) and six penalty minutes in eight NHL playoff games.

The 5’11”, 185-pound forward was originally drafted 196th overall in the seventh round of the 2006 NHL Entry Draft by the Phoenix Coyotes.

DeFazio, 24, spent the 2012.13 season with the AHL’s Bridgeport Tigers. The 6’1”, 215-pound forward collected 25 points (11-14-25) and 139 penalty minutes in 69 games played last season
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Have the "Comets" and not the Canucks sign any players yet? All these players that Canucks have signed to two-way contracts count towards the 50 contract limit don't they?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Yes and...???

50 is 22 or 23 NHL roster players and then 27 or 28 more. Enough for an entire AHL team and then some. I believe those two put them at 40 (counting Gaunce). Plenty of flexibility yet.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

tantalum wrote:Yes and...???

50 is 22 or 23 NHL roster players and then 27 or 28 more. Enough for an entire AHL team and then some. I believe those two put them at 40 (counting Gaunce). Plenty of flexibility yet.
Umm... the rules say that 50 is enough to field and NHL and AHL roster. But many teams, including the Canucks, approach the 50 contract limit all the time. Don't forget that the Canucks have players playing in the ECHL as well. There are some players that are purely AHL players who should be signed by the Comets and not the Canucks and that has apparently just happened. Sacha Guimond has been signed to an AHL contract, the first ever by the Utica Comets.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I'm well aware. I just see a lot of complaining (not on this board) about how every contract is two-way when the canucks are not in danger of limiting their flexibility within those 50 contracts. It will happen (and apparently now has) but given the number of expired contracts that they had I'd rather that they had spent this time getting those guys who might be able to fill in for a game or two at the NHL level signed.

Your post was basically wrong place, wrong time.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

tantalum wrote:I'm well aware. I just see a lot of complaining (not on this board) about how every contract is two-way when the canucks are not in danger of limiting their flexibility within those 50 contracts. It will happen (and apparently now has) but given the number of expired contracts that they had I'd rather that they had spent this time getting those guys who might be able to fill in for a game or two at the NHL level signed.
I guess we have a difference in opinion on how many of those players signed to two-way contracts will actually be able to fill in for a game or two at the NHL level.
tantalum wrote: Your post was basically wrong place, wrong time.
Lol. Maybe try not to get so worked up?
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

FAN wrote: I guess we have a difference in opinion on how many of those players signed to two-way contracts will actually be able to fill in for a game or two at the NHL level.
Most of these guys won't play at the NHL level. A lot of prospects or project players don't make it that far. The Canucks have to keep the prospects under contract so they can develop and POSSIBLY play for us down the line. A lot of the project players will only see time under injury or if someone really sucks at training camp. Most of the project guys are waiver eligible so who knows if we keep them past mid-October.

People tend to get worked up over 1-way vs 2-way deals and waiver eligibility. The only difference is the salary paid in the NHL vs other leagues. A guy like Mike Santorelli is signed to a 2-way deal, but will still have to clear waivers if the Canucks want to demote him.

Another example is Eddie Lack. He's on a 1-way deal this season, so he'll make $850K in Vancouver or Utica. He's still not eligible for waivers, though.